Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 12:23:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)  (Read 12158 times)
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

Mood: ...

Back as soon as I CAN SEE IT, CAN'T SEE 3D!

« Reply #360 on: 10 March, 2010, 12:35:35 pm »

I already managed a negative score, so you shouldn't feel bad about this...

I didn't realise that was possible...
-100 for action points, - 100 for retries, 1HP left...

I did mention Chaos is hard, right?
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #361 on: 10 March, 2010, 12:49:51 pm »

Oh, is this for Shade Impulse 4, or Inward Chaos?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #362 on: 10 March, 2010, 01:34:37 pm »

Inward chaos. Shade impulse is a joke at your level. The other one... well, not so much.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #363 on: 10 March, 2010, 05:23:50 pm »

That's what I figured. Well, I don't intend to attempt Inward Chaos for a long time. Not even after doing the Distant Glory chapters.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #364 on: 10 March, 2010, 07:39:13 pm »

Is inward chaos the "**** you" mode?
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #365 on: 10 March, 2010, 07:40:14 pm »

No, that's Duel Colosseum.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #366 on: 10 March, 2010, 07:43:04 pm »

Blackjack course?

It's probably the "**** you" of Story Mode.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #367 on: 10 March, 2010, 07:46:58 pm »

Blackjack course?
Whichever one's the hardest.
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #368 on: 10 March, 2010, 07:48:49 pm »

Ah okay, I get it.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #369 on: 10 March, 2010, 07:51:27 pm »

That'll be the Blackjack course, then. I think it's the three starter courses, then Lunar Whale, then Blackjack.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #370 on: 11 March, 2010, 10:41:16 am »

Blackjack. I still need to win two matches in a row (I do have subpar equipment, but still...)

And Lvl 130 Chaos is enough to make your fingers cries.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #371 on: 14 March, 2010, 04:26:34 pm »

New Entry: Sunday 14th March

Shade Impulse 3 – Other Playthroughs (Part 1)

Tidus
Not much to comment on with Tidus’ playthrough, as it was much the same as the other two in terms of difficulty. Although I did manage to do 7792 BP of damage with just the final hit of his EX Burst against a Terra copy on Level 2. Tidus’ EX Mode earning its keep, there.
Probably my favourite moment of this playthrough came with a battle against an Emperor copy on Level 3. I just had to use one more HP attack to finish him off. I went for a Spiral Cut (flipping along the ground and striking the enemy in the last one) and he tried to fend me off with a ground Flare. I thought I’d get hit, but fortunately my move caused the Flare to rebound and he got finished off by his own attack. You gotta love dumb luck…
To finish off, the Marilith summon of the Exdeath copy on Level 5 actually did its job this time. I used an HP attack just before it activated (after the countdown, I mean), so I got stuck with just 4 BP until the effect wore off, forcing me to run away during that time.
Oh, and Tidus’ dodge/counter Brave attacks, as well as the subsequent chained HP attacks, came in pretty useful against the Garland copy on Level 5. And most of the other enemies as well, actually. The Terra copy on Level 5 was still horrible, though…

Firion
Not a huge amount to report here. Although I am now very fond of Firion’s Double Trouble HP attack, with chains from three of his ground-based Brave attacks. Maybe it’s because of those techniques, or maybe it’s just because I’m getting more used to fighting them by now, but the enemies on Level 5 didn’t make me want to kill myself so much this time around. I was able to beat the Emperor copy and get its DP chance on my first attempt thanks to repeated use of Rope Knife -> Double Trouble. And, even more amazingly, I was able to get the DP chance against the Garland copy after only a few attempts. I don’t remember how many exactly, but it couldn’t have been more than five retries, as that was the number I had by the end of the level. I had to throw in some Lance Combo -> Double Trouble moves as well, though.
Finally, there was the Golbez copy. Now, I didn’t want to get too close to him, so instead I focused on the use of Reel Axe -> Double Trouble, which has the added bonus of being unblockable by normal means. After a few moves, I just needed to finish him off with an EX Burst, getting another DP chance in the process.
Speaking of which, I’ve said it many times before, but I love Firion’s Blood Weapons bonus. Using his EX Burst was useful for avoiding a big decrease in my end-of-level scores thanks to low finishing HP.
As a final, point, I was able to beat the Sephiroth boss on Level 4 with just two Straightarrow attacks. He should really be ashamed of himself…

Squall
Squall’s extremely good BP game came in useful for beating enemies within a certain time limit, especially in EX Mode. I was finally able to achieve the DP chance with the Golbez copy on Level 3 (thank you, Beat Fang), and I achieved the DP chance against the Kuja copy on Level 4 with just 0.89 seconds remaining. It wasn’t flawless, however. I almost managed to get the DP chance from the Ultimecia copy on Level 4 (the one with the Magus Sisters summon), but it seems even Squall’s EX Mode BP game isn’t good enough for that fight right now. Oh well…
I achieved another awesome attack deflection against the Emperor copy on Level 3, though. His Pupu summon (halves the user’s BP and raises it again by 60 every second for a short while) meant he had over 2600 BP by the time this happened. It would’ve been more, but I’d hit him with quite a few Brave attacks. Anyway, I’d been trying to land a final HP attack on him for a while, and he fired off a Flare just as I used Rough Divide. I ending up going straight through the Flare, but he dodged my attack. He then faced me and started charging a Dynamite attack, little realising that his own Flare was now sneaking up behind him, ready to explode. All I had to do was stand there and watch the fireworks.
Finally, I got to see the Squall-exclusive cutscenes before and after the Ultimecia boss on Level 2. They were pretty cool for two reasons. Firstly because Squall is the only Hero so far to actually strike down their opponent, rather than just watching them fade away. And the second reason was Ultimecia’s resulting death scream, which was a pretty good piece of voice-acting.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #372 on: 14 March, 2010, 04:45:41 pm »

The boomerang Flare attack when you played Squall sounded pretty awesome.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #373 on: 14 March, 2010, 04:59:57 pm »

It was.

It was better than Tidus' one, IMO, simply because I could watch it happening from a distance. The Emperor copy just charged its attack, blissfully unaware that certain doom was literally creeping up behind him. Flare's a pretty slow-moving attack, y'know.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #374 on: 14 March, 2010, 05:34:28 pm »

I can imagine how hilarious it must have been.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: