Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 06:10:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)  (Read 11958 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #375 on: 14 March, 2010, 05:39:35 pm »

Yup.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #376 on: 14 March, 2010, 06:23:05 pm »

I love busting through Flares with HP attacks.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #377 on: 14 March, 2010, 06:26:16 pm »

I love busting through Flares with HP attacks.

Same here.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #378 on: 19 March, 2010, 08:42:53 pm »

New Entry: Friday 19th March

Shade Impulse 3 – Other Playthroughs (Part 2)

Zidane
Virtually nothing to report here, though the enemies generally didn’t seem as bad as they used to.
One noteworthy thing happened, though. I was fighting the Squall copy on Level 3, and so far succeeding with the DP Chance of beating him while taking no damage. All I had to do was hit him with just one more HP attack. I tried for a Tidal Flame, but he dodged it. I then tried to retreat, but he got behind me and was about to hit with an Aerial Circle attack… when the Tidal Flame from before came curving round and blasted him into oblivion before he could land his own attack. Literally just as the Aerial Circle was about to detonate and scupper my chances at getting the 2 DP reward. How lucky is that?

Bartz
Nothing to report here. It was a pretty humdrum playthrough. Undecided

Onion Knight
Not much happened in the early levels of this playthrough, but I managed a near-flawless execution of Level 5. I got all the DP chances and only had to retry a total of 4 times between the seven fights (including the boss). Go me! laugh
Oh, and I managed to beat the Garland copy on Level 4 and gain his DP chance with just 0.62 seconds to spare.

Terra
For Terra’s playthrough, I decided not to bother with DP chances that much. My aim was to retry as few times as possible, mostly since I’d already got all the worthwhile DP bonuses I can for now anyway. I could try and get them, but I’d have to face off against very powerful optional enemies, and I just don’t want to endure that particular headache right now.
As for actual events… Well, the fight against the Terra copy on Level 5 was surprisingly easy, as I was essentially using her own tactics against her. Oh, and I almost failed the DP chance against the WoL copy on Level 2 due to accidentally triggering Terra’s EX Burst after using the final HP attack I needed. I didn’t press any buttons, failing the EX Burst intentionally, and still managed to achieve the DP chance with just 0.69 seconds remaining.

Warrior of Light
Well, here we are. The final playthrough of Shade Impulse’s third chapter. Not a particularly interesting one, but not particularly dull either. I almost lost against the Terra copy on Level 5, though. That was a nerve-wracking moment… She had gathered 9999 BP, more than enough to OHKO me, so I was desperate to get in the last attack I needed to finish her off quickly. I activated my EX Mode, and just as she was charging a Meltdown attack, I managed to interrupt it with a Shield Strike, chain that into WoL’s Bitter End HP attack, and use that to trigger an EX Burst, finishing her off. I’ve grown to absolutely lovethe Rising Buckler/Shield Strike -> Bitter End chain…
The most remarkable thing in this playthrough happened on Level 4. I finally managed to achieve the DP chance against the Ultimecia copy. You know the one, I’ve mentioned her before, the one with the Magus Sisters summon. First I inflicted Break on her, as usual, but then I decided to activate an EX Burst, since I knew there was no way I’d achieve the DP chance. I then glanced at the timer and saw that I still had about 13 seconds left. I carried out the EX Burst, and won the fight in the process. She never had a chance to use her summon, rendering her pretty much helpless. So simple, and yet it never occurred to me… Still, better late than never I suppose.

----------------------------------------

And so, Shade Impulse 3 draws to a close, and there's going to be a change in my usual routine. Since Shade Impulse only has two levels, I've decided to skip levelling up the villains for now, and just plow straight on into the playthroughs of that chapter. This is because, after finishing Shade Impulse, I plan to take a break for other games (maybe even cover some of them in this here blog), and I figure I may as well do that as soon as possible rather than waste days getting the villains up to scratch when I'm not even going to document it.

So... if someone could inform me of how to change the name of a topic you've created, I'd appreciate it.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #379 on: 19 March, 2010, 09:20:46 pm »

Zidane
Virtually nothing to report here, though the enemies generally didn’t seem as bad as they used to.
One noteworthy thing happened, though. I was fighting the Squall copy on Level 3, and so far succeeding with the DP Chance of beating him while taking no damage. All I had to do was hit him with just one more HP attack. I tried for a Tidal Flame, but he dodged it. I then tried to retreat, but he got behind me and was about to hit with an Aerial Circle attack… when the Tidal Flame from before came curving round and blasted him into oblivion before he could land his own attack. Literally just as the Aerial Circle was about to detonate and scupper my chances at getting the 2 DP reward. How lucky is that?

Tidal Flame? Pfff. Use Free Energy.
Report Spam   Logged

NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

Mood: ...

Back as soon as I CAN SEE IT, CAN'T SEE 3D!

« Reply #380 on: 19 March, 2010, 10:47:08 pm »

Edit the first post.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #381 on: 20 March, 2010, 01:02:13 pm »

Zidane

Tidal Flame? Pfff. Use Free Energy.

I normally do, but sometimes I like to mix things up. It's also one of those attacks that are really satisfying to actually hit with, like Straightarrow.

Edit the first post.

Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #382 on: 22 March, 2010, 06:07:09 pm »

New Entry: Monday 22nd March

So this is it. The final stage of Shade Impulse. All the other villains have been taken down, now only Chaos himself remains. So, let’s get stuck in…

Shade Impulse 4 – The Decisive Battle (Cloud Playthrough)
Right from the word go, this chapter is less of a headache than the previous ones, mainly because DP simply doesn’t seem to exist in these two levels. No DP chances in battles, no end-of-level DP bonuses, no star ratings, nothing. Just straightforward battling.
And I mean straightforward. The first level is basically a single linear pathway to the Stigma of Chaos. There are five battles along the way, and only one of them is avoidable, unless you want the summonstone it’s guarding. Which I did. The enemies themselves were very easy, level 31 at most. They consisted of copies of the final five villains (Kefka through to Jecht), and were usually felled in a single attack. Still, it gave me a chance to experience a new Omega Stage…

----------

Order’s Sanctuary
So here we finally are. This is the first time I’ve played on Order’s Sanctuary throughout the whole of Shade Impulse, and, glancing ahead in my guide at the second level, it’s the only stage I’ll be seeing until I fight the Final Boss. It’s the same old flat open space that it always was, the only difference being the Omega Stage gimmick. Order’s Sanctuary’s quirk is that the stage BP constantly remains at 0, no matter how much BP you and your opponent have. That is, until someone inflicts Break. When that happens, the Stage BP immediately jumps to the same amount of BP you had when you dealt the Break-inflicting blow and adds it to your BP. Essentially the stage doubles your BP whenever you inflict Break. Same for your opponent’s BP when they inflict Break.

----------

Of course, the combined factors of the stage gimmick and me having a high starting BP (usually around the high 3000’s due to my opponents being less than half my level) meant that I ended up having around 8000-9000 BP by the time I struck the killing blow. The Jecht copy in particular, the final enemy in the level, never stood a chance. I had a full EX Gauge by the time I fought him, due to collecting the EX Cores that spawned near the beginning of every preceding fight, and I decided to finish the match with an EX Burst to burn it all off. Now, in addition to the 8000-9000 HP worth of damage I did before trigger the EX Burst, the strikes that opened the EX Burst (where the screen “shatters away” and you actually enter the EX Burst process) brought me back up to around 7000 BP. Each strike in the actual attack then did just under 500 BP of damage. I can’t remember how much damage the final strike did, but I must have ended up doing about 50,000 damage overall across the fight. You kinda have to feel sorry for the Jecht copy… Undecided

The between level cutscene showed Chaos on his throne, apparently having a migraine because of “every single memory in the world” rushing into him. Turns out Keith David can even make a headache sound cool…

As I entered the second level, it became apparent that I was facing copies of each of the ten villains one final time before I fought Chaos, as the five enemies in the level consisted of copies of the first five villains in the series (Garland through to Exdeath). Then of course there was the Boss battle piece belonging to Chaos, but I’ll get to that later.
I was forced into a three-part chain with the first three enemies in the level, but they were dispatched just as easily as the ones in Level 1. Although, I will admit the Golbez copy gave me a little more trouble, but that was just me being careless. The final two enemies were completely avoidable unless you wanted to access the level’s summonstone or potion. I made sure to make all five matches last just long enough for at least one EX Core to appear so I could get a full EX Gauge before I fought Chaos. I didn’t want to take any chances, despite him being more than 30 levels lower than me.

Oh, one last thing before the Chaos fight. As I defeated each villain, the opposing hero would pop up and say some words of encouragement, spurring the party onwards to the final battle. Y’know, typical RPG near-end-of-story stuff.

So anyhoo, with a final preparing breath, I engaged Chaos in battle. And as predicted by some of my readers, my overlevelling made the whole thing a bit of an anticlimax. The first battle was over in seconds. I got hit by just one of his Brave attacks before I took him out with a Slashing Blow -> Omnislash V.5 chain. The second battle was a little more difficult as he managed to get in some hits with HP attacks. They didn’t do much damage, but I felt I needed to use my EX Mode to escape. I took him down with a Sonic Break -> Finishing Touch -> EX Burst chain. Chaos’ Shinryu summon came out at one point, but I didn’t pay much attention to what it did… The third and final battle was almost as quick as the first one. I got hit by a couple of Brave attacks and took him out with Slashing Blow -> Omnislash V.5. I had a Carbuncle summon all ready to use in case he managed to Break me, but I never needed it. There was, however, a very cool moment at the end of the battle. Just after the screen faded to white, I heard Cloud saying “No hard feelings…”. I mean, he always says that after using Omnislash V.5, but because of the whole “white screen after beating final boss” thing, it seemed that much more awesome. I can’t describe it very well, but it seemed pretty cool to me, at least…

The final cutscene before the credits was pretty cool. It was in full super-detailed FMV and looked very good, although some of the male characters ending up looking rather feminine… Each of the characters returned to their own worlds in their own way (Tidus jumps into a lake but fades away before he hits the water, Cloud walks away into a field of yellow flowers like the ones in Aerith’s church in FFVII, Cecil disappears while the moon does a full lunar cycle behind him, etc.) apart from the Warrior of Light, who walks towards a castle in the distance (which, I think, is supposed to be Castle Corneria from the very first game). The end credits themselves were accompanied by a montage of the pre-boss cutscenes from the various Destiny Odyssey chapters.

After all that, I decided to buy Cloud & Sephiroth’s alternate costumes, the Omega version of Planet’s Core, and a bonus bit of music from FFVII from the PP Catalogue as a reward.

So there we have it. I've finally finished the main story mode. All that remains is to do it with the remaining nine heroes, and see if any of them have a harder time with Chaos.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #383 on: 22 March, 2010, 06:14:03 pm »

Sure, it's a bit anticlimactic, but I love being able to obliterate the final main story boss in RPG games.

So after the main storyline with the rest of the heroes, will you do the optional stuff?
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #384 on: 22 March, 2010, 06:16:18 pm »

The only things I've decided I'll do for certain are the two "after-story" chapters I unlocked, but I won't be doing them for a while. I'm taking a break from Dissidia after I beat Chaos with all the heroes.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #385 on: 22 March, 2010, 06:28:58 pm »

*nod* Alright.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #386 on: 22 March, 2010, 06:35:58 pm »

Yup...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #387 on: 22 March, 2010, 11:57:58 pm »

You should at least try Inward chaos once, just one fight... so you can get an idea on why it will be way, WAY harder.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #388 on: 23 March, 2010, 09:07:56 am »

You should at least try Inward chaos once, just one fight... so you can get an idea on why it will be way, WAY harder.

No thanks. I've already had a harder experience playing as Tidus.

Turns out I'm very bad at dodging his attacks. The only reason I survived the Tidus vs Chaos fights at all were because I'm such a higher level than him that his Brave attacks don't do much damage.
« Last Edit: 23 March, 2010, 09:11:16 am by Mayuri Kurotsuchi » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #389 on: 23 March, 2010, 09:23:03 am »

Well, you don't actually need to dodge his Brave attacks, only the HP ones. Keep that in mind and it should be easier for every characters. And guess what, I'm not talking about reaching Chaos (I'm not that sadistic!), just trying to fight WoL once should be enough...
Oh, about Shinryu, it has random effect, with the common denominator of being damn powerful (he can even go Omega and destroy your BP at once!)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: