Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 12:40:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)  (Read 12163 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #390 on: 23 March, 2010, 09:33:01 am »

Trouble is that I'm busy trying to recover from his Brave attacks and he uses that opportunity to launch an HP attack.

Ah, I did experience the Omega effect during one of my attempts as Tidus. At least I think it did. Halving your BP repeatedly over a certain time period?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

Mood: ...

Back as soon as I CAN SEE IT, CAN'T SEE 3D!

« Reply #391 on: 23 March, 2010, 09:39:43 am »

Which attacks cause you problems, each of these has a certain timing for dodging/countering (you will like Terra, believe me on that one!).

Yeah, that's the one.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #392 on: 23 March, 2010, 09:55:05 am »

I already have a guide that tells me how to avoid (or in the case of Soul of Oblivion stop before it starts) the HP attacks, I just don't have much time to register it because it all happens so fast. As for Brave attacks, I have absolutely no idea. They all just seem to blend into each other.

And yes, I've heard Chaos is pretty much screwed when he comes up against Terra.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #393 on: 23 March, 2010, 10:14:43 am »

Forget about brave, as I said. No need to worry about BP if he cannot land the important hit. Took me 3 hours to memorize these and I was playing Terra (granted, it was Inward chaos, that one I butchered due to level 70+)
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #394 on: 26 March, 2010, 08:20:02 pm »

New Entry: Friday 26th March

Since I neglected to do so in Cloud’s playthrough, I figured now would be a good opportunity to talk about the stage you fight Chaos on, so here it is.

Edge of Madness
Edge of Madness is definitely the smallest arena in the game. It consists of a single round dais with a raised area at one side upon which is Chaos’ throne. The enclosed nature of the stage makes it pretty easy to score wall rush damage, though, which is very useful when you’re facing Chaos himself. The background is pretty apocalyptic, all fire and brimstone, and filled with giant sword-like objects that Chaos apparently uses in one of his attacks. I have yet to play on the Omega version of the stage, but the gimmick, according to my guide, is that the Stage BP “Chaotically rises and falls”, which probably means you’re meant to wait for the right moment before you inflict Break.

Shade Impulse 4 – Other Playthroughs (Part 1 - Cecil and Tidus)

Cecil
Cecil’s playthrough was already made a bit more difficult by the fact that he lacks Cloud’s raw strength, and he also doesn’t have any Brave-HP chains. This made the regular fights a little more difficult, but the enemies were still dispatched without much trouble.

Chaos as a whole was more difficult than he was with Cloud. In the first battle I got hit by a couple of HP attacks and quite a few Brave attacks, enough to force me to use my EX Mode to escape. The second battle, by contrast, was over very quickly. I dodged his first Brave attack and immediately used the Dark Knight form’s Nightfall attack to start a chase sequence and Break him at the same time. I then managed to OHKO him with my first chase HP attack.
I almost lost the third battle. I got rid of most of his HP with the Nightfall-chase sequence method, reducing him to triple digits, but I then noticed his Soul of Oblivion HP attack too late and got caught in the blast (the attack is apparently almost impossible to avoid so you have to hit him while he’s charging it), reducing me to 2974 HP. I tried using my Carbuncle summon to even the odds, but it had no effect. I should’ve used an HP attack to negate the Break status first… Oh well. I guess now I know better for next time… Anyhoo, I managed to beat him by starting another chase sequence. I know it’s still early days, but he doesn’t seem to be very good at those…

Tidus
The general enemies were easier than Cecil’s, due to Tidus having Brave-HP chains, but harder than Cloud’s as he lacked the brute force.
Chaos, on the other hand, was a much greater challenge this time around. I even had to retry three of four times. My Carbuncle summon got countered in the second fight to one of his Shinryu Summon’s effects, which repeatedly halved my BP over a period of time. Luckily by that time I’d already done a lot of damage to him and managed to finish him off with a lucky Spiral Cut attack.
The final fight wasn’t so bad. I managed to interrupt his Soul of Oblivion HP attack with my Stick & Move Brave attack, and chained that into Quick Hit to rob him of more than half his HP, thanks to causing wall rush damage. He then hit me with a couple more Brave attacks, but I was able to dodge his last one and managed to hit him with the very last strike of Stick & Move, allowing me to start a chase sequence, use an HP attack and win the match.

Firion
Ah Firion, I liked you from the moment I first played as you in your Destiny Odyssey chapter. So yeah, after the nastiness of Tidus’ playthrough, Firion’s attempt went very smoothly.
The first battle with Chaos was over in a matter of seconds. Two Reel Axe -> Double Trouble chains were enough to see him off (I ended up using that move a lot across the battles). All I had to worry about was him dodging the attack. The second battle was slightly more even. I took most of his HP with another Reel Axe -> Double Trouble chain, but I then got hit by his Divine Punishment HP attack, bringing me down to about 3500 HP. But I used another Reel Axe -> Double Trouble chain to get rid of my Break status, avoided all the strikes of his Demonsdance HP attack (very proud of myself there!) and responded with Weaponsmaster while he was recovering. Go me! laugh
The final battle went almost as quickly as the first. I activate my EX Mode as I wanted to finish this quickly, and was promptly hit by a barrage of Brave attacks (the one where he shoots a stream of fire at you, sometimes he does it several times in a row). But, unfortunately for him, I was able to get in one final Reel Axe -> Double Trouble chain, Breaking him in the process, and turned that into an EX Burst, giving me my first EX Burst finish against Chaos’ final form. And that just made victory all the more epic, IMO.

Squall
Squall also had a pretty easy time of it. In the first battle I was able to Break Chaos straight away with Squall’s Beat Fang attack, but I missed with the follow-up Aerial Circle HP attack. Chaos tried to hit me with his own HP attack, Condemn, but I dodged backwards out of its range and OHKO’d him with Blasting Zone as he recovered.
The second battle started the same way as the first. Broke him with Beat Fang, missed with Aerial Circle. I got hit by a couple of Brave attacks, but was able to take him out with Squall’s Rough Divide HP attack while Chaos charged Condemn, hitting him just before he released his own move. One thing I found quite funny was the fact that, because of Condemn’s nature as an attack (Chaos draws his opponent in and hits with a large vertical pillar of flame), I ended up charging Rough Divide right in front of his face.
The final battle was over very quickly, and there are still some details that even I wasn’t able to understand. It started the same way as the other two (Break with Beat Fang, miss with Aerial Circle) except that I activated my EX Mode first. Then came the confusing part. I managed to somehow hit Chaos with Rough Divide, but due to a mixture of awkward camera angles, being right next to the stage "wall" and Chaos dodging in a random direction, I still don’t know exactly how I managed to hit him. Still, whatever happened, I activated Squall’s EX Burst and took him down, and Squall’s end-of-EX-Burst quote “Mission accomplished…” just made the whole thing cooler.

Zidane
Not much to report with Zidane’s playthrough, even for the Chaos battles. The first two went exactly the same as each other. I get hit by one of his Brave attacks, then retaliate with Zidane’s Tempest -> Meo Twister chain, taking him out. The third battle went the same way except that I activated EX Mode at the beginning of the fight, and finished it off with Zidane’s EX Burst.

Bartz
The first battle went almost as easily as Zidane’s. I dodged his initial Brave attack, and retaliated with Bartz’s Slidehazzard Brave attack, lowering his BP to the double digits. He managed to hit me with his next Brave attack, but I then used Paladin Force and defeated him, Breaking him in the process.
The first part of the second battle went the same way as the previous one. Dodged initial Brave attack, retaliated with Slidehazzard. This time, however, I got hit with more Brave attacks, so when I hit him with Bartz’s Wind Shear HP attack, I didn’t do quite enough damage to Break him. I did still managed to take away more than half his HP though. He then activated his Shinryu summon, which halved his BP but then start quickly increasing it. However, I managed to Break and finish him with Paladin Force before his BP got too high.
The final battle was very easy. I just activated EX Mode, dodged a couple of his Brave attacks, and hit him with Goblin Punch (uber-fast deployment FTW). I then finished the fight with Bartz’s EX Burst.

Onion Knight
The first battle against Chaos was a little nerve-wracking. I opened the match by dodging his initial Brave attack, and responded with Onion Knight’s Multi-Hit (his physical ground Brave attack) and chained it into Swordshower (the HP option), taking most of Chaos’ HP. Unfortunately my attack didn’t do enough Brave damage to Break him, so I didn’t OHKO him. He then Broke me while my BP was recovering and hit me with his Divine Punishment attack, dealing almost 5000 HP damage. I got hit by a few more Brave attacks afterwards, but I managed to take him out with Onion Knight’s Comet aerial HP attack.
The second battle went rather more smoothly. I dodged his initial Brave attack again, but instead responded with Onion Knight’s Turbo-Hit (his physical aerial Brave attack), chaining it into Extra Lunge (the Brave option) and then a chase sequence. It was at this point that I realised just how much bigger Chaos is than Onion Knight. Seriously, he filled about half the screen. Anyway, I hit him with an HP attack. I then hit him with another Comet attack, ready to finish him off, but he interrupted it with his Shinryu summon. However, unfortunately for him, Shinryu’s effect this time was to halve his BP and then rapidly increase it, basically just making it easier to Break him with my still-going Comet attack and ensure his defeat. Just goes to show, even Chaos’ summon can backfire sometimes.
The third battle was very straightforward. I dodged his initial Brave attack again and, activating EX Mode in the process, retaliated with Turbo-Hit and chained it into Guiding Swipe (the HP option), activating the Ninja job’s EX Burst. Once again, as Onion Knight threw his shurikens at Chaos, I realised just how much bigger my opponent was than my character...

Terra
I was partly dreading playing as Terra, but her playthrough actually went pretty smoothly. The first battle with Chaos was okay. I got hit by quite a lot of Brave attacks, but I managed to Break him with Blizzara and Blizzard Combo, and finished him off with Meltdown while he charged his Soul of Oblivion HP attack.
I got hit by his Demonsdance HP attack in the second battle, but luckily I’d already weakened his BP with Blizzard Combo, so that damage wasn’t too bad. I Broke him with Blizzara straight after his attack, and finished him with Tornado just as he was charging his Condemn HP attack
I activated Terra’s EX Mode as soon as the third battle started, but in hindsight I probably should’ve waited until he was in the middle of a Brave attack before I did so. I got smacked around a bit, but eventually managed to fire off Holy Combo and chain it into Ultima, activating Terra’s EX Burst.

Warrior of Light
So here we are… The final showdown… And it was just as easy as the previous ones. In the first battle, I dodged Chaos’ initial Brave attack and responded with WoL’s Sword Thrust Brave attack, Breaking him in the process. I got hit by his Divine Punishment HP attack, but I managed to dodge the strikes that deal Brave damage, only suffering the actual HP hit, so not much damage was done. I then finished him off with WoL’s Shield Strike -> Bitter End chain.
After dodging his initial Brave attack in the second fight, I decided to hit him with Shield Strike, but just performed the attack on its own rather than chaining it into an HP attack this time. I managed to Break him thanks to smacking him against the invisible wall around the stage. I then managed to interrupt one of his Brave attacks (where he spins and releases waves of fire) with another Shield Strike, this time chaining it into Bitter End again so I could finish him off.
The third battle was easy. I interrupted his initial Brave attack by activating WoL’s EX Mode, and hit him with another Shield Strike -> Bitter End chain while he recovered, activating the winning EX Burst.

As a reward to myself, as with all the other playthroughs, I bought the Hero and Villain’s alternate costumes and voice data, the Omega version of their stage, and an extra bonus piece of music from their original game from the PP Catalogue. After WoL’s playthrough, I also bought the voice data for Chaos, Edge of Madness, and the Omega version of Order’s Sanctuary.

------------------------------

So there we have it. I’ve finally finished Shade Impulse. I’m sorry my entries about the later stages weren’t more interesting, particularly Chapter 4, but I did vastly overlevel, so it’s really my own fault. That said, Chaos aside, Chapter 4 seems to be about as easy as Chapter 1 anyway, so…
Anyhow, I said I’d take a break after Shade Impulse, and that’s what I’m doing. I still have at least a couple of chapters of Story Mode left to document, so I will do those eventually, but for now I’ll be playing other games, maybe use this topic to talk about them.

So, goodbye for now. Thanks to all three of my readers for sticking with me this long.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #395 on: 26 March, 2010, 09:55:37 pm »

Good to hear that Chaos wasn't AS anticlimactic for some characters as he was for Cloud. And you can use this topic to document other games as well, I like to read stuff like that.

No prob. As just said, I enjoy reading stuff like that, even if I don't have the game.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #396 on: 26 March, 2010, 10:10:15 pm »

Cool story bro
Report Spam   Logged

NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #397 on: 26 March, 2010, 10:58:05 pm »

TORNADO SPAM!!!

Oh, you didn't? Ok...
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #398 on: 27 March, 2010, 08:29:14 am »

TORNADO SPAM!!!

Oh, you didn't? Ok...

Nope. Only used it once.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #399 on: 27 March, 2010, 10:32:51 am »

TORNADO SPAM!!!

Oh, you didn't? Ok...

Nope. Only used it once.
Well, you should try to send him against the ceiling and use Tornado with half a second of lag between attacks, just to gives him the worst headdache ever!
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #400 on: 27 March, 2010, 10:43:07 am »

Meh, Tornado isn't usually that nice to me. People say it's a great attack, but the vast majority of the time the CPU just easily dodges away from it.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #401 on: 27 March, 2010, 11:04:00 am »

I mean, against Chaos specifically. It only works against him.
It does however serve as the most potent shield in the game and usefuf if your opponent is cornered. Else, Holy combo, no question.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #402 on: 27 March, 2010, 11:20:40 am »

I suppose...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #403 on: 04 April, 2010, 12:03:29 pm »

LOLNAMECHANGE

Anyhoo, as the title suggests, I will soon be starting Pokemon SoulSilver and documenting my experiences here. I just can't decide if I should do things as I have been doing for Dissidia (play for a day or so and document the events in the evening) or just jot things down as they happen.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #404 on: 04 April, 2010, 04:08:56 pm »

With Pokemon, I suggest you jot things down as they happen. It seems like it would mesh better with the style of game....
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: