Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 01:29:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)  (Read 12177 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #420 on: 05 April, 2010, 01:24:51 pm »

Lyra's dad sounds like an ass.

He is. Maybe he's just bitter about going bald.

BTW, I'm going to be updating a lot, so it might be worth just checking the post yourselves...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #421 on: 05 April, 2010, 02:18:38 pm »

I'll check it once or twice a day then.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #422 on: 05 April, 2010, 03:34:44 pm »

Fair enough.

I just need to think of a decent nickname for my Totodile... I'm going to try and nickname as many pokemon as I can in this playthrough.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #423 on: 05 April, 2010, 05:04:11 pm »

One of the smaller changes to the game that I love is the way some of the dialogue has been changed in two way one is to reference that due to that the stuff that was new in the originals but was introduced in FR/LG is no longer new (like eggs) are played for laughs. Also the stuff that's been updated from G/S/C (happens more in Kanto) is lampshaded....

Also they updated the hell outta Kanto.... There's actually more than FR/LG.... Except for Cinnabar but they did put  more than G/S/C and gave Blaine a puzzle and trainers while still having Seafoam....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #424 on: 05 April, 2010, 05:14:46 pm »

Please, no talk of HG/SS Kanto in this topic. I don't want anything spoiled for me.

Although I am glad to hear it's bigger this time around. It was fun in G/S/C, but it felt a bit like a rush job.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #425 on: 05 April, 2010, 05:24:28 pm »

Sorry I didn't think it was something that could be spoiled....

But I can tell you this game was made with the facts that they wanted to please the original players and add new stuff to make it worth their time.... Johto is harder so don't slack off thinking you only have Whitney's Milktank to worry about....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #426 on: 05 April, 2010, 05:28:50 pm »

Sorry I didn't think it was something that could be spoiled....

But I can tell you this game was made with the facts that they wanted to please the original players and add new stuff to make it worth their time.... Johto is harder so don't slack off thinking you only have Whitney's Milktank to worry about....

I can't really remember how difficult Johto was in the original, so it doesn't make much difference to me.

But I have to say, I don't remember that Miltank being the demon everyone claims it to be. Not easy, but not throw-your-gameboy-across-the-room-difficult either. Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #427 on: 05 April, 2010, 08:13:01 pm »

Johto used to be a walk in the national park.... You could cruise though underleveled and even take on Kanto the same way too.... But now you have to pay attention or you'll not even beat the first gym....

Team Rocket are still weak.... They might aswell not e in the game their that weak....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #428 on: 06 April, 2010, 05:54:43 am »

I never thought they would kill off anyone in a Pokemon game, let alone the entire Elite 4...lul

Yeah I know.... Koga's death made me cry.... **** you Archer you bastard!
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #429 on: 06 April, 2010, 07:56:29 am »

I never thought they would kill off anyone in a Pokemon game, let alone the entire Elite 4...lul

I can't decide if you're joking or being serious.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #430 on: 06 April, 2010, 09:35:59 am »

Well Ethan gets to Indigo Plateau and it's quiet.... Too quiet.... Ethan enters Will's room to find Will on the floor in a pool of blood.... Ethan runs to Will.... His mask has fallen off and blood drips from his mouth.... He whispers "Run... Run you fool..."

Ethan then hears a voice from an unknown location.... "HAHAHA! Running will do you no good against Team Rocket!"
"Proton? But at the radio tower I-"
"You saw me fall to me death? HA! Of course I survived, Proton always has a perfect landing!" Just then Proton jumps down and lands gracefully infront of Ethan.... Cue Pokemon battle....

After the battle Proton stands in shock, "But I bought my strongest Pokemon.... How do you do it kid?"
Proton smiles.... "Well I guess there's more than one way to fight..." He charges at Ethan with a fist.
"STOP!" Will raises his hand to Proton.... "If I can do one last thing then let it be this.... MIND CRUSH!"
Proton stops dead as a look of true terror falls on his face.... He screams untill he can stand no longer as his eyes bleed.... He falls to the ground....

Ethan turns to Will.... "Are you alright?"
"I've been better.... You must be Ethan? The boy Lances speaks so highly of.... You have to get to Lance an stop them.... I'll open the door for you...." Will raises his hand and he door to the next room opens "Can you do me a favour? My mask put it on for me.... It blocks out others thoughts and I'd like to be alone for one last time...." Ethan picks up Wills mask and places it on his face.... "Thank you.... Heh.... You know even though I can see the future I couldn't see this.... Maybe because I never wanted to see myself die.... But I do see your future.... It's beautiful.... If only I could have lived to see it...." Will's eyes close and Ethan gets up and faces the door....

Sorry I got carried away....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #431 on: 06 April, 2010, 09:39:44 am »

Please stop now.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #432 on: 06 April, 2010, 09:45:52 am »

Yeah I just wanted to write that.... There's a fanfic idea for those who wish to expand....

But anyway where are you?
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #433 on: 06 April, 2010, 09:47:40 am »

I'm back in New Bark Town after the initial trip to see Mr Pokemon. I'm starting the adventure properly today.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #434 on: 06 April, 2010, 10:27:03 am »

Tuesday 6th April

4:26pm
Day two. The adventure starts properly.

...Or at least it does after the mandatory explanation of how to catch pokemon. ¬_¬ Still, at least I got some free Pokeballs out of it.

Ooh, the 3D-ness of the bag menu...

4:36pm
Caught my first pokemon. A male Pidgey which I've nicknamed Pell.

6:16pm
Finally got the laptop back from my mum and restocked my supplies at the Cherrygrove Mart. I then headed back along Route 29 until I got to the gate to Route 46.

6:19pm
Caught a Rattata, which I then named Ratigan.

6:24pm
Finally got what I came for: a Geodude. It took a while to whittle down his health because he kept using Defense Curl. Eventually I got it low enough, caught it, and nicknamed him Roxxor.

6:27pm
Caught a Sentret on the way back to Cherrygrove. I named him McTwisp.

6:36pm
First wild pokemon battle in Route 30, both Ratigan and Totodile levelled up. I sent out Ratigan first, then switched to Totodile.

6:37pm
Just picked an Apricorn for the first time... It's rather weird to watch it shooting out of the top of the tree...

6:45pm
I may have just made a huge mistake: I gave my number to Youngster Joey. Meh, if I get as pissed off with his calls as other people seem to, I only have myself to blame.

BTW, Pell got to level 5 during the battle and learned Sand-Attack. I now have to wait another four levels before he learns another damaging move...

6:47pm
I just switched Roxxor out to the front so I can level him up. It's a bit weird to watch a Geodude following me... The guy has no legs and doesn't appear to be floating...

7:06pm
I encountered and captured a Weedle soon after my previous entry, but had to help my sister bring in the washing. Also, I couldn't think of a good nickname. She repaid me, however, by helping me choose the name Lightyear, so it all worked out okay.

7:10pm
Roxxor just went up to level 4 and learned Mud Sport. Yeah, 'cause I'll be using that attack so often...

7:14pm
Just beat Youngster Mikey, Joey's eternal rival!!

...Anyway, Ratigan went up to level 4 and learned Quick Attack.

7:22pm
Just beat Bug Catcher Don and McTwisp went up to level 4, learning Defense Curl.

Pokemon Trainers are a rather antisocial lot, aren't they? I talked to the person on Route 30 who tells you that if you meet a Trainer's eyes, you have to battle.

Youngster Joey: You looking at me? Angry

Me: No... Cry

Youngster Joey: Right, you asked for it! Angry *sics his Rattata on me*

7:44pm
Just beat Bug Catcher Wade, with Lightyear going up to level 4, and both Roxxor and Ratigan rising to level 5. I registered Wade's number and went on my merry way.

I would've posted this sooner but my DSi ran out of power in the middle of the battle, so I had to switch over to my Lite.

7:47pm
Just got the Vs. Recorder from Lyra in the Violet City/Route 31 gate. As soon as I enter the city, I'm heading for the Pokemon Centre...

Well, that's it for today. I'm really sorry it wasn't more interesting, but tomorrow's entry will be better, I swear. I'm going to spend some time tonight levelling up my pokemon in Route 31, in preparation for tomorrow's events.

Current Pokemon:
Totodile, level 9
Pell - Pidgey, level 5
Roxxor - Geodude, level 5
Ratigan - Rattata, level 5
McTwisp - Sentret, level 4
Lightyear - Weedle, level 4
« Last Edit: 06 April, 2010, 01:53:04 pm by Mayuri Kurotsuchi » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: