Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 06:18:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)  (Read 12117 times)
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #435 on: 06 April, 2010, 02:30:43 pm »

You get to 6 pokemon a LOT faster than I normally do... I usually only have 2-3 pokemon by the first gym. I catch everything new, I just don't use them...
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #436 on: 06 April, 2010, 03:04:12 pm »

You get to 6 pokemon a LOT faster than I normally do... I usually only have 2-3 pokemon by the first gym. I catch everything new, I just don't use them...

I also explore the routes as much as I can at that point in time, collecting all the items.

I don't know what I'm going to do once I capture my 7th pokemon...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #437 on: 06 April, 2010, 03:17:19 pm »

Seems like you have the same problem I do... When I get a seventh pokemon I want in my party, I have no idea who to dump.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #438 on: 06 April, 2010, 03:20:01 pm »

Yeah, I just feel guilty and worry that I won't get around to levelling up the ditched pokemon. I don't want just six really powerful pokemon...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #439 on: 06 April, 2010, 04:05:52 pm »

The first Pokemon I caught was Mareep to take on Falkner.... Then Spearow for Bugsy.... I gain one Pokemon for each gym untill I have six....

Unless I need different Pokemon....

I haven't been there yet but I hated how you had to have an HM slave to fight Red.... He has six strong Pokemon and you only had five strong.... Needless to say I still have much more training to do to fight him.... His Pokemon were around 80 so I expect that to be his lowest now....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #440 on: 06 April, 2010, 04:10:12 pm »

I'm just trying to fill up the pokedex as much as I can while I'm doing the actual adventure.

As for Mt Silver, the only HMs you needed in G/S/C were Surf and Waterfall, and I usually give those to my main Water pokemon anyway.
« Last Edit: 06 April, 2010, 04:26:53 pm by Mayuri Kurotsuchi » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #441 on: 06 April, 2010, 04:37:02 pm »

Surf is fine.... It's a great water move but Waterfall takes up a very needed spot on your water Pokemon....

Also ever since I watched TTGL I've been shouting "GIIIIGAAAAA DDDDDRRRIILLLLLLL PPPPPEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCKKKKK!!!!" Every time I use it.... Also "GIIIIGAAAAA BBBRRRRIIIIIICCCCKKKK BBBBBBBRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKEEEEEE!!!!" Too.... Made me think about a fusion series....

Also Silver is so much cooler now....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #442 on: 06 April, 2010, 04:58:13 pm »

Yeah, I just feel guilty and worry that I won't get around to levelling up the ditched pokemon. I don't want just six really powerful pokemon...
Same here. I really like Pokemon as an RPG, but at the same time I hate it. I've got some kind of weird RPG OCD thing, where I want to keep every party member, even if I despise them and never use them, on the same level as everyone else. I never choose one team, and stick with it.

Or, for 99% of RPGs anyway. I do in pokemon, and it breaks my heart everytime. All those low leveld pokemon I want to put in my party, but I can't bring myself to take out any of my high leveld pokemon either...
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #443 on: 06 April, 2010, 05:00:37 pm »

What's the problem with Waterfall?

Having said that, however, I'm one of those people who just gives their pokemon attack moves. I don't battle competitively or take on the Battle Frontier, so...

Same here. I really like Pokemon as an RPG, but at the same time I hate it. I've got some kind of weird RPG OCD thing, where I want to keep every party member, even if I despise them and never use them, on the same level as everyone else. I never choose one team, and stick with it.

Or, for 99% of RPGs anyway. I do in pokemon, and it breaks my heart everytime. All those low leveld pokemon I want to put in my party, but I can't bring myself to take out any of my high leveld pokemon either...

I know what you mean...

So what do you think of my nicknames so far?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #444 on: 06 April, 2010, 05:07:25 pm »

I think the nicknames are pretty good, sure better than anything I usually come up with. I particularly like Roxxor and McTwisp. For some reason I can't really explain, I also like Lightyear.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #445 on: 06 April, 2010, 05:11:34 pm »

Heh, Lightyear was my sister's idea. I was really struggling to think of a name for Weedle that would suit it throughout its evolutions.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #446 on: 06 April, 2010, 05:23:48 pm »

Heh, yeah I read that. I quite like that name... and it would suit Weedle throughout it's evolutions, though maybe not Kakuna... but then again, it's only Kakuna for 3 levels, so it doesn't matter much.
Report Spam   Logged

Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #447 on: 06 April, 2010, 05:26:24 pm »

Having two same type attacks on one Pokemon is redundant.... You can pass these days because of the special/pyhsical split but usually your Pokemon will be better at special or pyhsical so only one is needed.... Even in normal play this is important.... Also things that cause sleep or burns or anything like that even if they don't do damage are just as good as offensive moves....

And that's why most HMs suck.... They take up room.... But enough about that....

Your nicknames are pretty good.... I choose mine after I've battled with them and have started calling them with weird names.... Fräulein, Archanine, Pharaoh, Nidouken and Fro.... They're basically ways I corrupt their names.... Try to guess 'em all....

Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #448 on: 06 April, 2010, 05:36:17 pm »

Having two same type attacks on one Pokemon is redundant.... You can pass these days because of the special/pyhsical split but usually your Pokemon will be better at special or pyhsical so only one is needed.... Even in normal play this is important.... Also things that cause sleep or burns or anything like that even if they don't do damage are just as good as offensive moves....

And that's why most HMs suck.... They take up room.... But enough about that....

Your nicknames are pretty good.... I choose mine after I've battled with them and have started calling them with weird names.... Fräulein, Archanine, Pharaoh, Nidouken and Fro.... They're basically ways I corrupt their names.... Try to guess 'em all....

Well what would you suggest instead?

I've gotten along pretty well so far putting whatever moves I want on my pokemon, so unless things in HG/SS are drastically different from D/P/P, I should be just fine continuing as I normally do. But thanks for the advice anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #449 on: 06 April, 2010, 05:46:29 pm »

I suppose I worry about that stuff because I tend to run through underleveled.... I hate grinding.... My Pokemon never top 50 on the first run....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: