Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 10:27:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)  (Read 12337 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #450 on: 06 April, 2010, 05:59:20 pm »

Oh, I always have my pokemon at least on a par with the opponent's. In the case of the Elite Four, I always try to have my whole team a few levels above the Champion's strongest pokemon.

I just like to have different options for attacks, especially since most really strong moves only have about 5 or 10 PP. If I come across a pokemon that's doubly weak against my pokemon's element (like an electric type against Gyarados) I can then use Thunderbolt or something similar instead of wasting Thunder's PP. It's pretty rare for my main pokemon to have all four moves coming from the same type, though.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #451 on: 06 April, 2010, 06:06:19 pm »

Yeah.... Having backups for the unreliable moves are good.... But Surf is perfect and makes Waterfall redundant which is why I hate it.... Plus why'd they make Flash a TM? You need it for alot more places than DPPt....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #452 on: 06 April, 2010, 06:16:48 pm »

I grind, and I grind a lot. Whenever I enter a gym, I look at the highest leveled trainer pokemon in the gym, and then level my pokemon to 3-4 levels above that.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #453 on: 06 April, 2010, 06:28:41 pm »

Yeah.... Having backups for the unreliable moves are good.... But Surf is perfect and makes Waterfall redundant which is why I hate it.... Plus why'd they make Flash a TM? You need it for alot more places than DPPt....

Well I like to take as few pokemon of the same type with me, so I figured I may as well give Waterfall to my main water pokemon as well as Surf. As for Whirlpool, you only really need it to get into the Whirl Islands, as far as I know, and you don't need lots of different types in there.

As for Flash... Well, as far as I can tell, you only need it in Dark Cave in Johto. I don't know about Rock Tunnel, but I suspect you need it there as well. I prefer that to needing an otherwise useless field move just to explore a single Route, like in D/P/P. Seriously, Defog was only needed in that one Route and a single floor in Mt Coronet. I'll probably just give Flash to a Bellsprout. I never use that family anyway, so it doesn't matter too much if I waste a move slot on it.

I grind, and I grind a lot. Whenever I enter a gym, I look at the highest leveled trainer pokemon in the gym, and then level my pokemon to 3-4 levels above that.

I do that, but only for my "trump card" pokemon. I make the others in my party roughly equal to the gym leader's pokemon.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #454 on: 06 April, 2010, 08:29:20 pm »

I do it with all pokemon in my party, due to the RPG OCD thing.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #455 on: 06 April, 2010, 08:30:36 pm »

Ratigan! Oh, Ratigan!
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #456 on: 07 April, 2010, 06:36:16 am »

Ratigan! Oh, Ratigan!

The world's greatest criminal mind!

Ah, 'tis a great film. Back in the days when Disney could show characters smoking, getting drunk, being drugged, and ogling women.

Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #457 on: 07 April, 2010, 10:22:49 am »

Wednesday 7th April

Well, last night I did some serious levelling-up. All my pokemon are now at least level 6, and I also caught two more: A Hoothoot, which I nicknamed Hollis, and a Bellsprout that I nicknamed Pitcher.

4:20pm
Went back out onto Route 31 to do some more levelling up, as I want all my pokemon to be at least level 8 before I do anything else.

4:45pm
Got Lightyear up to level 7, but prevented his evolution. I haz a plan for him...

4:55pm
Decided to retreat to Dark Cave to level up Pitcher, since his only current attack, Vine Whip, can actually do some decent damage against the Geodudes. It worked wonders.

5:05pm
Wow, apparently Roxxor, Ratigan and Hollis all have Pokerus.

5:21pm
Well, all my current pokemon have it now. It's supposed to be beneficial, so I figured "why not infect them all?"...

5:54pm
Okay then, Totodile is at level 10, and everyone else is now at level 8. Time to explore Violet City properly. First stop, the gym.

6:01pm
Well, according to Jim Gui, I won't stand a chance in the gym if I haven't beaten Sprout Tower yet. I knew this was coming as I have a strategy guide, but it still hurts a little... Hey ho, guess I'll just wander around a bit then.

6:06pm
So apparently the teacher at the pokemon school just didn't bother to let the kids out, seeing as they're still there at five past six in the evening and he's buggered off somewhere...

6:10pm
Found the irresponsible git. I chased him back to the school and declined his lesson. I've been playing these games for almost ten years now you twirling idiot, I don't need lessons! Angry

7:30pm
Had to go walk the dog. Where was I... Oh yeah, exploring. Well all that's really left is Sprout Tower.

7:33pm
I've entered Sprout Tower, and it looks pretty cool in 2.5D. I also like the creaking sound that's played along with the music as the central pillar sways. Time to pwn some monks!

I like how one of the guys on the ground floor refers to Flash as "a wonderful move".

7:37pm
Pell reached level 9 in my first battle and has finally learned his first Flying-type move. It's just Gust, but it's better than nothing.

7:51pm
Just fighting the second-to-last monk in the tower. He wasted two turns raising his Bellsprout's Special Attack, and his Vine Whip still only does 1 damage to Lightyear.

8:07pm
Frankly, I can see how Silver managed to beat the Elder so easily. Undecided His Bellsprouts were near-useless against Lightyear, and, while his Hoothoot managed to put Roxxor to sleep once, he then woke up straight away and proceeded to pummel the Hoothoot into submission.

8:25pm
Went back into Sprout Tower to hunt some ghosties...

8:41pm
Just managed to catch a Gastly with my very last poke ball. I named him Cheshire.

9:22pm
Well, I'm off to train Cheshire up. I'll be tackling Violet Gym first thing tomorrow.

Current Pokemon
Totodile, level 10
Pell - Pidgey, level 9
Roxxor - Geodude, level 10
Ratigan - Rattata, level 9
McTwisp - Sentret, level 9
Lightyear - Weedle, level 9
Hollis - Hoothoot, level 8
Pitcher - Bellsprout, level 8
Cheshire - Gastly, level 5
« Last Edit: 07 April, 2010, 03:24:03 pm by Mayuri Kurotsuchi » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #458 on: 07 April, 2010, 11:33:27 am »

Pokerus, gotta infect them all!
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #459 on: 07 April, 2010, 11:35:25 am »

Pokerus, gotta infect them all!

So I gather.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #460 on: 07 April, 2010, 12:41:37 pm »

Pokerus makes it so your Pokemon gain double EVs.... Handy when training a competitive team.... In single play it's pointless....

Still it's fun to spread....

I've settled on the sixth nickname now.... Megrazza.... Now it looks like this....
Fräulein
Archanine
Pharaoh
Nidouken
Fro
Megrazza

Crazy, no? I think you can guess what they are if you remember that they're corrupted pronouncing of their names....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #461 on: 07 April, 2010, 02:38:32 pm »

For me, I gave Surf to my Dragonair, Waterfall to my Gyrados, and Whirpool to my Furret.

Yes, you read that last part right. My Furret is an awesome HM Slave. Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, and Whirpool.

With Fly on my Togekiss, Flash and Headbutt on my Amphros, and Surf and Waterfall as mentioned above, I'm ready to explore anywhere....except for Rock Climb >_>

I'll just swap out my Sentret for something else when I take on the Elite 4.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #462 on: 07 April, 2010, 02:43:16 pm »

I still don't understand how Furret and Whirlpool are supposed to work...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #463 on: 07 April, 2010, 02:44:47 pm »

For me, I gave Surf to my Dragonair, Waterfall to my Gyrados, and Whirpool to my Furret.

Yes, you read that last part right. My Furret is an awesome HM Slave. Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, and Whirpool.

With Fly on my Togekiss, Flash and Headbutt on my Amphros, and Surf and Waterfall as mentioned above, I'm ready to explore anywhere....except for Rock Climb >_>

And wouldn't you know.... You need it for Red.... FFFFFFFFFFF....

Bidoof is the best HM slave....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #464 on: 07 April, 2010, 02:58:28 pm »

I still don't understand how Furret and Whirlpool are supposed to work...

She swims around in a circle real fast to counteract the Whirpool?

And wouldn't you know.... You need it for Red.... FFFFFFFFFFF....

Bidoof is the best HM slave....

I'm only on the Elite 4 right now, so I've got time before I need it anyways.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: