Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 06:33:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)  (Read 12288 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #480 on: 07 April, 2010, 04:23:15 pm »

Please don't fill this topic with a load of random crap...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #481 on: 07 April, 2010, 04:25:01 pm »

I see, I'm not in some secret club and discussing the game that I own in a topic about the game with others is against the rules.

My apologies, I'll remove myself.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #482 on: 07 April, 2010, 04:29:15 pm »

My good sir, you seem to have missed the point. If you wish to discuss this game, Gag is merely suggesting that you do so in a more detailed manner than just stating your ownership of this game.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #483 on: 07 April, 2010, 04:30:02 pm »

I would've guessed that Pharaoh was a Fearow, but then you said that Fro was...
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #484 on: 07 April, 2010, 04:30:24 pm »

My good sir, you seem to have missed the point. If you wish to discuss this game, Gag is merely suggesting that you do so in a more detailed manner than just stating your ownership of this game.

Pretty much this.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #485 on: 07 April, 2010, 06:43:46 pm »

This.

Also, Bellsprout tower was never a challenge for me... well, taking it on with only a Geodude would be pretty ****, but not if you just use any other pokemon.

And **** yes Ghastly. Always liked him. And Haunter too. Never liked Gengar though...
Report Spam   Logged

Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #486 on: 07 April, 2010, 06:46:17 pm »

I took on Bellsprout with a Mareep to level it up....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #487 on: 07 April, 2010, 06:48:44 pm »

This.

Also, Bellsprout tower was never a challenge for me... well, taking it on with only a Geodude would be pretty ****, but not if you just use any other pokemon.

And **** yes Ghastly. Always liked him. And Haunter too. Never liked Gengar though...

Gastly's tricky to level up, though...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #488 on: 07 April, 2010, 11:32:41 pm »

The **** nerve astounds me.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #489 on: 08 April, 2010, 12:11:17 am »

Darkie.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #490 on: 08 April, 2010, 06:40:24 am »

I'm sorry?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #491 on: 08 April, 2010, 08:41:52 am »

Thursday 8th April

2:40pm
Okay, I'm now off to attempt the Violet Gym.

2:46pm:
Woah, this place is a bit different to the original games... Not drastically so, but still...

2:52pm
So far so good, the first trainer is down. I'm using the bait-and-switch method to level up Cheshire at the moment, and Roxxor is doing his job very well. Cheshire is now level 6, and Roxxor is level 11 and has just learned Rock Throw, which should come in very handy.

I've also just noticed the transparent blocks around the gym's wooden walkway. Looks like it's now possible to just challenge Falkner directly instead of going through both the other trainers. Not that I'll be doing so, my pokemon could use the experience, but even so...

2:57pm
Well Rock Throw is certainly doing its job, that last battle was a walkover. Cheshire gained another level, too.

So, after barely listening to yet another phone call from Youngster Joey about his bloody Rattata (who probably can't hold a candle to Ratigan, just saying...), I'm off to heal before I attempt to fight Falkner.

3:00pm
Well, here we are. First attempt at a Gym Battle... Here goes nothing...

3:08pm
Well, that was easy. Roxxor was able to take out both of Falkner's pokemon with one Rock Throw apiece (though he scored a critical hit on Pidgeotto, so that was partially luck). Well, I say Falkner's pokemon, turns out they're actually his dad's. Poor guy doesn't even have his own pokemon...

So anyway, Cheshire went up by 2 levels (I bait-and-switch'd for both enemy pokemon), and Roxxor went up by one. I'm off to heal again...

3:10pm
Ooh, phone call from Prof. Elm as soon as I left the gym. Apparently he wants me to take the egg I got from Mr Pokemon. First healing, then off to the Mart.

3:15pm
Just got the egg from Elm's assistant. It's apparently close to hatching.

Oh, and apparently my mum's been spending my money already. There was a guy in the Mart with a Super Potion for me.

3:20pm
Well that was random. A girl in a kimono came up to me when I left the Mart and told me to take care of the egg as it's special. I guess the kimono girls are going to play a larger role than they did in HG/SS...

3:34pm
Before I continue onwards toward Azalea Town, I think I'll go explore Dark Cave as much as I currently can. Maybe level up a bit in the process. I'll be giving Flash to Pitcher.

3:45pm
Screw it. I've got the one item I can access in Dark Cave, and the pokemon there are way too low a level for me to effectively train. I'll try Route 36.

3:50pm
Okay, that's at least the third time Youngster Joey has called me to tell me that his Rattata "is in the top percentage of Rattata".

3:55pm
A guy in the Violet City/Route 36 gate just told me that "plants would want to move around from time to time!". I think I may know what particular "plant" he's talking about...

3:58pm
I just got HM06. Now I have to decide who to give it to... I also encountered Arthur of Thursday, and got a Hard Stone from him.

4:01pm
I've decided to check out the Ruins of Alph, since there aren't any training opportunities on Route 36 at the moment. Once I'm done there, I'll head onto Route 32 and start making my way to Azalea Town.

4:05pm
Ooh, creepy music... Onwards into the "mysterious hall" as the sign outside calls it.

4:06pm
"It's a replica of an ancient pokemon." Looks more like a Nidoking to me... Still, I suppose the fossils can't have been the only pokemon back then.

4:11pm
Meh, may as well give HM06 to McTwisp for now. Smashy-smashy!

4:19pm
Change of plan. Turns out McTwisp won't be able to learn Rock Smash until he evolves, so I'll be giving it to Ratigan instead.

4:27pm
Pitcher just took down a Geodude four levels higher than him. The stupid thing just kept used Mud Sport and Rock Polish. ¬_¬

Oh, and Youngster Joey just called me about a Weedle he failed to catch. I guess it's nice to know he can at least talk about something other than his Rattata...

4:30pm
I just solve the Kabuto puzzle and got the Unown Report. Now to catch one...

4:33pm
Caught the first one I came across. An Unown E. I've decided not to nickname it just yet. Maybe later, when I come back to catch more of them.

5:19pm
Okay, heading out onto Route 32...

5:21pm
Some guy just randomly stopped me and gave me a Miracle Seed. How nice...

5:25pm
Hollis just reached level 9 and learned Peck. Nice to have a damaging move that isn't Tackle...

5:40pm
Well the egg just hatched, and I now have a male Togepi. I wasn't able to think of a good nickname, but I'm sure one will come up before I reach Goldenrod City, where the Name Rater is. I'm now off to show it to Prof. Elm.

6:00pm
Wow, turns out my Togepi knows Extrasensory. Didn't see that coming...

6:11pm
Just showed Togepi to Prof. Elm and got an Everstone in return. I'm giving that to Lightyear right away. Back to Route 32...

7:14pm
Ratigan just reached level 10 and learned Bite. Nice...

7:17pm
Right, I'm now back on Route 32. Onwards to adventure!

7:42pm
I just caught a Mareep. I've named him Tesla, 'cause I couldn't think of anything better.

7:51pm
Just caught a Hoppip. His name is Drifter.

8:01pm
Just caught an Ekans. His name will be Coatl.

8:16pm
I've just entered the lower half of Route 32. That raised track is definately a new feature...

8:50pm
I've just managed to come up with a name for my newly-caught Wooper. His name is Newton.

9:16pm
What the hell is the point of Splash? Seriously? Is it just there to make Magikarp seem even more pathetic?

9:34pm
Just got the Old Rod from a guy in the Pokemon Centre outside Union Cave. A nice man also gave me two Lure Balls just because I said I collected Apricorns. People in the Pokemon World sure are generous...

9:41pm
I may as well do Union Cave tonight as well. In we go...

9:47pm
I like the little touches they've added with these games. Just like Sprout Tower have the creaking of the central pillar, Union Cave has the quiet sound of running water when you're near a pool.

9:58pm
Pitcher has finally learned another damaging move! I mean, it's just Wrap, but it's still nice to have more than just Vine Whip...

10:16pm
I think I may have just fought a masochist Slowpoke. I sent out Pitcher against him, and continually used Vine Whip. Did Slowpoke fight back? No. He just repeatedly used Growl to lower my attack, ultimately just dragging out his own long, agonising defeat. I shudder to think where he picked up that kind of behaviour... *glares at PokeManiac Larry*

10:22pm
What lovely weather awaits me outside Union Cave. I'm not going to waste time on this route. I'm just going to collect those Apricorns, take down that Hiker I can see lurking around the corner, and rush off to Azalea Town.

10:31pm
Well, I finally made it to Azalea Town. I'm going to call it a day and properly explore tomorrow. Laters!

Current Pokemon
Totodile, level 10
Pell - Pidgey, level 10
Roxxor - Geodude, level 12
Ratigan - Rattata, level 10
McTwisp - Sentret, level 9
Lightyear - Weedle, level 9
Hollis - Hoothoot, level 9
Pitcher - Bellsprout, level 9
Cheshire - Gastly, level 9
Unown E, level 5
Togepi, level 1
Tesla - Mareep, level 6
Drifter - Hoppip, level 6
Coatl - Ekans, level 4
Newton - Wooper, level 6
« Last Edit: 08 April, 2010, 04:31:38 pm by Mayuri Kurotsuchi » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #492 on: 08 April, 2010, 09:13:36 am »

PROGRESS

My friends and I decided (since we're such huge nerds) to do gym leader/type themed teams. We can use other types up until we get to Kanto (since not all the pokemon we want on our team can be gotten in Johot). Although really, we only need to have the same type when we inevitably fight each other.

FLOYD TEAM GO

Lanegan (Typhlosion)- 41
Hinds (Arcanine)- 41
Stahl (Magmar)- 40
Ampharos- 40
Pidgey (for fly lol)- 13
Krabby (HM Slave)- 20

Gonna fight Clair soon.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #493 on: 08 April, 2010, 09:17:09 am »

PROGRESS

My friends and I decided (since we're such huge nerds) to do gym leader/type themed teams. We can use other types up until we get to Kanto (since not all the pokemon we want on our team can be gotten in Johot). Although really, we only need to have the same type when we inevitably fight each other.

FLOYD TEAM GO

Lanegan (Typhlosion)- 41
Hinds (Arcanine)- 41
Stahl (Magmar)- 40
Ampharos- 40
Pidgey (for fly lol)- 13
Krabby (HM Slave)- 20

Gonna fight Clair soon.

So what type are you using when you get to Kanto? I'm guessing Fire by your current party.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #494 on: 08 April, 2010, 09:18:42 am »

Yessir.

My friend foolishly chose Steel and the other one Electric so I should get at least one victory (and he's the only one I care about beating <_<).
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: