Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 11:44:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)  (Read 12152 times)
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #525 on: 10 April, 2010, 04:16:44 pm »

GO ILS! Be the very best!

Anyway.... Imma tell you my team now seeing as nobody guessed....

Team Dai Gareth:
Trainer(male) - Gareth
Feraligatr(female) - Fraulein
Ampharos(male) - Pharaoh
Fearow(male) - Fro
Arcanine (male) - Archanine
Nidoking - Nidouken
Metagross - Megrazza
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #526 on: 10 April, 2010, 06:43:49 pm »

Nidoking yessssssssssssss
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #527 on: 10 April, 2010, 06:48:02 pm »

NIDOUKEN! EAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHQQQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAKKKKKKKEEEEEEE!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #528 on: 11 April, 2010, 02:04:01 am »

*tear falls down cheek*
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #529 on: 11 April, 2010, 09:42:29 am »

Sunday 11th April

3:42pm
I'm really sorry yesterday wasn't more interesting. Training took longer than expected... But today I definately will reach Goldenrod. Happily, all my pokemon (with the exception of Unown and Togepi) are at least level 11. I only have a little bit of training to do for the Azalea Gym, then I should be able to move on.

I pretty much only had Union Cave and the patch of grass in Route 33 to train on, and a lot of the pokemon I had to train up couldn't land super effective hits. It also didn't help that the vast majority of pokemon I encountered were Zubat or Ekans... I couldn't even go ahead into Ilex Forest for some higher-level prey because your Rival automatically comes along and challenges when you try to leave, and I'm simply not ready to face him yet.

4:58pm
Well, Lightyear has now reached level 14, and I can finally take his Everstone and allow him to evolve when he reaches level 15.

As for the others, I'm almost done levelling up for now. All that remains is to get Hollis up to level 15, and I'll be ready to attempt the Gym.

5:13pm
Finally... Hollis is now level 15, and now I just need to rest up at the Pokemon Centre, restock my supply of Antidotes, Paralyz Heals and Awakenings at the Mart, and then it's time to squash some Bugs.

5:24pm
Wow, this place is really different to its G/S/C counterpart... Instead of just a basic forest maze, there are two chasms with spider-like karts that travel on ropes. The gimmick is that the ropes criss-cross with each other, and you have to select the right kart to proceed, otherwise it'll dump you in front of a trainer.

5:30pm
Just won my first double battle of the game. Roxxor and Hollis vs Ledyba and Spinarak. I like using Rock Throw on Bug-types, because it conjures up a fairly amusing mental image of Roxxor just dropping a rock to squish the opponent.

5:52pm
Hoo boy, that was pretty nerve-wracking. I had to retry because I was caught totally offguard the first time. For one thing, I didn't expect Bugsy to send out Scyther straight away, and (rather stupidly) I didn't expect him to make such heavy use of U-turn. So the second time around, I managed to catch him out. After doing the inital bait-and-switch with Tesla, I sent out Hollis instead of Roxxor, meaning that U-turn would do less damage than it would to Roxxor. I then kept Hollis out and took down the Metapod that Bugsy switched for Scyther. I then did this again with Pell when Bugsy repeated the tactic with Scyther and Kakuna. After Kakuna went down, I chose to switch to Roxxor when prompted. Scyther hit with another U-turn, reducing Roxxor to roughly half-health, then I countered with Rock Throw, taking Scyther down in one hit. 4x damage FTW!!

...I have to say, though, I much prefer the Hive Badge's old red and black colouring in G/S/C to the grey and darker grey of this game...

Anyway, now to save and try to beat my rival.

6:25pm
Three cheers for Lightyear! I forgot to take him along the first time I fought Silver, and I got totally thrashed. Stupid Bayleef and its Synthesis... But the second time around I got my own back. I like to think I managed to beat him at his own game.

First up came Gastly, who was dispatched by Totodile's Bite (frankly, Gastly's Curse really just made it easier for me to win, as he sacrificed half his HP). Then came Bayleef. Now, instead of sending out Pell or Hollis like last time, I instead sent out Lightyear. Now, Lightyear still only has one damaging move, and Poison Sting wasn't going to do that much damage, especially under the effects of Reflect. However, it would have a possibility of poisoning Bayleef, thus turning the tables somewhat. Also, Lightyear's dual Bug-Poison-type would not only protect him from Bayleef's own poisoning attack, but would also reduce his Razor Leaf to 1/4 of the damage. It was just a matter of constantly using Poison Sting until Bayleef used up all of Synthesis' 5 PP, possibly poisoning him in the process (which I managed). When Lightyear had been reduced to around 1/4 HP, I switched him out for Pell. At that point, Bayleef was doomed. It wouldn't matter if he managed to take out Pell, because Hollis would be right there to take his place. It just took a few Gusts to knock him out, and all Bayleef managed to do was Poison Pell just before he got knocked out. The rest was easy, just a Zubat that I took out with Tesla. First he paralysed himself after using Bite, thanks to Tesla's Static ability, then it just took a couple of Thundershocks.

So basically that's the second time a comparitively weak Bug has managed to bail me out in that battle (Spinarak once saved my ass back in my original Silver version). I'm now going to take a break, but when I come back, it's Ilex Forest time.

7:53pm
Okay, I've just caught the Charcoal Man's Farfetch'ds in Ilex Forest and received HM01 in return. Now I just have to decide who to give it to...

The Farfetch'd hunt was a little more complex than it was in the original games...

8:01pm
I decided in the end to give Cut to Pitcher. He could use more attack moves...

8:06pm
Just caught a male Oddish. I decided to call him Gomez. Decent name? I'm not sure...

8:11pm
Drifter just showed a Kimono Girl the way out of the forest. How nice of him...

8:14pm
Okay, I'm out of Ilex Forest. Just one more route between me and Goldenrod... And it has the Day Care on it, so that'll be useful.

10:28pm
Okay, having eaten and showered, I thought I'd examine the pokemon of the trainers along Route 34. I've decided that I need to go back through Ilex Forest to Azalea Town's pokemon centre and rebuild my party. I'll try to pick up a Paras and a female Oddish along the way, as well.

10:44pm
Just caught my female Oddish. I decided to call her Hana.

11:14pm
I just managed to capture a Paras. I've called her Phobia.

11:20pm
Okay, I've gone back through Ilex Forest, and I'm now ready to take on Route 34 properly. Goldenrod City, here I come!

As a side note, I rather liked the shifting patterns on the floor of Ilex Forest. Y'know, where light comes down through the trees.

11:23pm
Does anyone else not get why pokemon find Snubbull intimidating? It's just an ugly little pink thing that looks like it's wearing a dress... Still, your mileage may vary.

11:27pm
Mum's been spending my money... Still, it should at least be something useful.

11:33pm
And there we have it. The reason I've been holding back Lightyear's evolution all this time? I wanted him to learn Bug Bite which happens at level 15, but only if he's still a Weedle by then. As of now, Lightyear is officially a Kakuna!

...It's really rather strange watching a Kakuna following you in this game...

11:39pm
So it turns out that the Day Care people are Lyra's Grandparents. Go figure...

11:55pm
Well, I've finally reached Goldenrod City. It's getting late, so I think I'll explore the city properly tomorrow. Anything else I do tonight will just be levelling up or possibly catching a couple of pokemon. Maybe I'll already be able to attempt the Goldenrod Gym tomorrow. Who knows...

Laters!

Current Pokemon
Totodile, level 16
Pell - Pidgey, level 17
Roxxor - Geodude, level 16
Ratigan - Rattata, level 14
McTwisp - Sentret, level 12
Lightyear - Kakuna, level 15
Hollis - Hoothoot, level 15
Pitcher - Bellsprout, level 13
Cheshire - Gastly, level 12
Unown E, level 5
Togepi, level 1
Tesla - Mareep, level 14
Drifter - Hoppip, level 11
Coatl - Ekans, level 11
Newton - Wooper, level 12
Fidget - Zubat, level 11
Slowpoke, level 11 (x2)
Gomez - Oddish (M), level 5
Hana - Oddish (F), level 6
Phobia - Paras, level 5
« Last Edit: 11 April, 2010, 05:55:37 pm by Mayuri Kurotsuchi » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #530 on: 11 April, 2010, 11:22:20 am »

Silver made his Bayleaf a poison staller.... He used reflect to make Fro's attacks weak and kept healing.... All the while the poison chipped away at me.... I hate stallers....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #531 on: 11 April, 2010, 11:26:54 am »

Silver made his Bayleaf a poison staller.... He used reflect to make Fro's attacks weak and kept healing.... All the while the poison chipped away at me.... I hate stallers....

I'm not too worried. Even if Pell falls, I'll have Hollis (or even Lightyear) as a backup. If necessary, I can try to put the Bayleef to sleep with Hypnosis.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #532 on: 11 April, 2010, 11:44:42 am »

I'm not too worried. Even if Pell falls, I'll have Hollis (or even Lightyear) as a backup. If necessary, I can try to put the Bayleef to sleep with Hypnosis.
Hypnosis would work best as he keeps on healing....

Me? I lowered his defence while reflect was up and then swooped in with Aerial Ace.... Flaaffy zapped his Zubat and Croconaw bit his Gastly....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #533 on: 11 April, 2010, 12:27:59 pm »

Me? I lowered his defence while reflect was up and then swooped in with Aerial Ace.... Flaaffy zapped his Zubat and Croconaw bit his Gastly....

I ended up using a different tactic for Bayleef, as I've just documented in my latest update. I'm actually quite proud of myself for thinking of it...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #534 on: 11 April, 2010, 12:35:50 pm »

I ended up using a different tactic for Bayleef, as I've just documented in my latest update. I'm actually quite proud of myself for thinking of it...
Nice thinking.... I used Nidouken like that for Koga and Team Rocket.... With the fact that they don't use poison moves which is mostly what they have made it easy to beat them because they couldn't hurt him....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #535 on: 11 April, 2010, 01:21:06 pm »

Yeah, but Koga and Team Rocket's pokemon don't tend to have healing moves, do they? I'll probably just take them on the same way I take on most other trainers.

I'm just glad I'm getting to the stage of the game where more different types are becoming available...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #536 on: 11 April, 2010, 02:11:03 pm »

Well Koga's Muk has black sludge with toxic and minimize.... So he can be hard to hit and in that time his health goes up while yours goes down fast if you don't have an antidote.... No match for Nidouken though....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #537 on: 11 April, 2010, 05:35:27 pm »

Well Koga's Muk has black sludge with toxic and minimize.... So he can be hard to hit and in that time his health goes up while yours goes down fast if you don't have an antidote.... No match for Nidouken though....

I'm not worrying about the Elite Four just yet. I've only just got my second badge... Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #538 on: 12 April, 2010, 07:31:47 am »

Monday 12th April

1:31pm
It's a new day, and I'm heading straight out to Route 34. I have some pokemon to catch...

1:39pm
Cool... Ditto is the rarest pokemon on this Route, and it came up in just my third random encounter. I decided to name him Morph. Just an Abra and two Drowzees to go. Why two Drowzees? You'll see...

1:46pm
Tesla just evolved into Flaaffy.

1:55pm
I just caught the first Drowzee. I named him Mesmero.

1:59pm
And there's the other Drowzee. Just Abra to go, now. That's going to be tricky...

2:02pm
What the... I just put this Rattata to sleep, why am I still unable to escape?

2:56pm
YES! Almost an hour after I started searching. I finally managed to catch an Abra, all thanks to Cheshire and his Mean Look move. Having said that, I almost knocked it out when I tried to weaken it with Lick. It had just a sliver of health left. After I put it to sleep with Hypnosis, it didn't really stand a chance... I decided to call him Hocus. Now to explore Goldenrod City...

3:11pm
The woman in the flower shop won't let me have a SquirtBottle because it's apparently "too dangerous"... ¬_¬

3:14pm
Well, it seems Whitney, the Gym Leader, isn't in right now. Apparently she's off looking for a Radio Card.

The sign outside the Gym describes her as "The Incredibly Pretty Girl!". I hope she wasn't the one that wrote that...

3:19pm
Just got the Bicycle. I hope Pokemon Black & White give you the option to switch off the "bike riding" music... Still, I guess the G/S/C/HG/SS one is one of the more tolerable bike themes...

3:27pm
Just got the Coin Case and tried Voltorb Flip for the first time. I'm not sure about it just yet... It may have to grow on me.

3:50pm
Remember that second Drowzee I caught? Well I did that so I could trade it for a Machop in the Goldenrod Department Store. Y'know, to help me in the upcoming Gym Battle. Turns out, however, that the Machop in question is actually female. Very useful against Whitney's Miltank and its Attract move, but still...

3:59pm
Well, there's the start of the track I saw back in Route 32. It's probably a better idea to have it raised than going straight across the street like in G/S/C...

4:11pm
Just got the Radio Card from the Goldenrod Radio Tower. I ran into Whitney as well. She doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the box... She thought Kurt makes Poke Balls out of Apricots... Still, first impressions aren't everything.

5:18pm
Okay, so I've visited the Name Rater, who's been relocated to a weird little fortune-telling-style tent instead of a proper house... Anyway, I decided to call Totodile "Levi", I called Togepi "Hatcher", and I called the two Slowpokes I caught "Herman" and "Cnut". As of now, all my pokemon have nicknames except Unown, but I can't be bothered to think of 28 different nicknames right now...

Anyway, all that's left to do is train for the Gym. I want them to be around level 20, especially Muscle. I'll also be putting Hocus in the Day Care until he reaches level 15.

7:13pm
Levi is now a Croconaw!

11:54pm
Cheshire has finally learned another damaging move. It's Night Shade, so it still won't affect Normal-types, and since Cheshire is only level 15 it won't do much damage yet, but it's still nice to have options...

11:57pm
Cool, Hocus levitates as he follows me around...

12:01am
Well, he won't be doing that anymore. Hocus is now a Kadabra! He'salso finally learned a move that isn't Teleport: Confusion.

12:08pm
Okay, there's one part of Goldenrod City I haven't explored yet, and that's the Underground Tunnel. I didn't do it before because I wanted to train up my pokemon first. Why? Down there be trainers...

12:11pm
I met Lyra on the way down to the tunnel, and she gave me the Fashion Case. It holds stuff I can dress up my pokemon with. I'll probably never use it, to be honest...

12:48pm
This guy I just beat apparently got his pokemon a haircut at the tunnel salon right before our battle. His only pokemon was a Lickitung... *suddenly imagines Lickitung with a range of hairstyles*

12:57pm
I have emerged victorious from the underground realm of Pokemaniacs and Super Nerds... All I can do now is train for the Gym Battle tomorrow. Or rather, later today...

Laters!

Current Pokemon
Levi - Croconaw, level 20
Pell - Pidgey, level 17
Roxxor - Geodude, level 16
Ratigan - Rattata, level 15
McTwisp - Sentret, level 15
Lightyear - Kakuna, level 15
Hollis - Hoothoot, level 15
Pitcher - Bellsprout, level 15
Cheshire - Gastly, level 15
Unown E, level 5
Hatcher - Togepi, level 1
Tesla - Flaaffy, level 15
Drifter - Hoppip, level 15
Coatl - Ekans, level 11
Newton - Wooper, level 13
Fidget - Zubat, level 11
Herman - Slowpoke, level 11
Cnut - Slowpoke, level 11
Gomez - Oddish (M), level 12
Hana - Oddish (F), level 12
Phobia - Paras, level 11
Morph - Ditto, level 10
Mesmero - Drowzee, level 15
Hocus - Kadabra, level 16
Muscle - Machop, level 18
« Last Edit: 12 April, 2010, 06:57:29 pm by Mayuri Kurotsuchi » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #539 on: 12 April, 2010, 01:02:58 pm »

You sir, are epic for keeping that many pokemon up to snuff. I consider myself a grinder as I tend to grind even when it's unnecessary, but even I couldn't do that, for that many pokemon.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: