Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 06:21:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)  (Read 12286 times)
FrozenIndustry
Lord Agaranok/FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

« Reply #600 on: 17 April, 2010, 02:18:07 pm »

Enjoying it so far? I alread have my main team ready at level 75 for a tournament my friends and I are organizing. They are my pride and joy. My original Gold and Silver team, beefed up with beneficial natures and EV-training. I'm busy EV-training my secondary team at the moment.

And what a coincidence. My Magnezone is named Tesla.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #601 on: 17 April, 2010, 02:32:52 pm »

Enjoying it so far? I alread have my main team ready at level 75 for a tournament my friends and I are organizing. They are my pride and joy. My original Gold and Silver team, beefed up with beneficial natures and EV-training. I'm busy EV-training my secondary team at the moment.

Very much so. And bleah... I really can't be bothered with EV training and beneficial natures... Taking battling that seriously would just ruin the game for me. I dont even like to do the Battle Frontier if I can avoid it.

Tesla was one of the pokemon I struggled with the most, coming up with a name. I just decided I couldn't come up with anything better, so I may as well go with it.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #602 on: 17 April, 2010, 02:36:23 pm »

Very much so. And bleah... I really can't be bothered with EV training and beneficial natures... Taking battling that seriously would just ruin the game for me. I dont even like to do the Battle Frontier if I can avoid it.

Tesla was one of the pokemon I struggled with the most, coming up with a name. I just decided I couldn't come up with anything better, so I may as well go with it.

See, I did all of that breeding and EV-training in Platinum. Then I traded over the Pokemon systematically to match my current levels. I did it over in Platinum because being the perfectionist that I am, I knew that it's bother me later on. But I didn't want it to ruin the games for me, especially since Silver is and was one of my favorite games of all time. So I got it out of the way there, and traded them over so I could just play through the game normally. And the Battle Frontier is ok, it's a good time-waster once you've beaten the game and have less to do. I do it from time to time to save up for rarer TMs.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #603 on: 17 April, 2010, 03:27:39 pm »

I traded over loads of pokemon in my original Silver version, so I'm trying to do SS as normally as possible.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #604 on: 17 April, 2010, 03:32:41 pm »

I traded over loads of pokemon in my original Silver version, so I'm trying to do SS as normally as possible.

Ah. Well, the ones I traded from Platinum were low leveled, and I didn't use them until the rest of my team was around that level range.

Speak of the devil, I just caught a shiny Mareep while EV-training my Beldum.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #605 on: 17 April, 2010, 03:33:41 pm »

Ah. Well, the ones I traded from Platinum were low leveled, and I didn't use them until the rest of my team was around that level range.

Fair enough...

Cool. How many shiny pokemon have you come across in your various versions? Not counting the Red Gyarados, obviously.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #606 on: 17 April, 2010, 03:36:59 pm »

I'e had a Vulpix, Wingull and Moltres.... Oh and a Ditto....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #607 on: 17 April, 2010, 03:40:10 pm »

Fair enough...

Cool. How many shiny pokemon have you come across in your various versions? Not counting the Red Gyarados, obviously.

This is my second. I once encountered a Shiny Machoke in Pearl, but accidentally killed him...
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #608 on: 17 April, 2010, 03:46:25 pm »

Fair enough...

This is my second. I once encountered a Shiny Machoke in Pearl, but accidentally killed him...

I once came across a Tenacruel with green spots in Silver, but it was at comepletely the wrong time. I had no pokemon that wouldn't have take it out with one hit, none that could put it to sleep or anything...

The next one I came across was a black Camerupt in Diamond. And very recently I came across a green Golbat in Platinum, just as I was going through Victory Road. If it hadn't been female, I would've been tempted to nickname it Osborn.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #609 on: 17 April, 2010, 03:55:50 pm »

Fair enough...

I once came across a Tenacruel with green spots in Silver, but it was at comepletely the wrong time. I had no pokemon that wouldn't have take it out with one hit, none that could put it to sleep or anything...

The next one I came across was a black Camerupt in Diamond. And very recently I came across a green Golbat in Platinum, just as I was going through Victory Road. If it hadn't been female, I would've been tempted to nickname it Osborn.

Heh. Lucky. I've decided that I'm going to save before fighting Rayquaza and repeatedly soft reset until I come across a shiny one or give up. XD
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #610 on: 17 April, 2010, 04:00:43 pm »

I don't like soft resetting unless it's because I've knocked out the legendary in question.

Though I will admit that Rayquaza is one of the few pokemon I think looks cool in its Shiny version.
« Last Edit: 17 April, 2010, 04:02:45 pm by Mayuri Kurotsuchi » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #611 on: 17 April, 2010, 04:04:28 pm »

I don't like soft resetting unless it's because I've knocked out the legendary in question.

Though I will admit that Rayquaza is one of the few pokemon I think looks cool in its Shiny version.

Eh. To each their own. I figured that I've put enough time and effort into Pokemon games that I don't care as much any more. At least I'm not using glitches or Gameshark.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #612 on: 17 April, 2010, 04:11:43 pm »

Eh. To each their own. I figured that I've put enough time and effort into Pokemon games that I don't care as much any more. At least I'm not using glitches or Gameshark.

I don't know why, but I think I might care more about SS than Platinum or even Diamond. That's why I'm trying to play it as straight as possible. I've been relying on cheats a fair amount in recent pokemon games. Not 1-hit kill, or infinite health or anything. Mostly just get lots of certain items (like TMs or Master balls, though I only used Master balls on legendaries or particularly rare pokemon, including shinies) or to get all three starters in a game. Or, of course, to access special events and get pokemon like Arceus or Mew. This time I'm trying to do it like it's supposed to be done, something I don't think has really happened since I played Sapphire for the first time.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #613 on: 17 April, 2010, 04:13:53 pm »

I don't know why, but I think I might care more about SS than Platinum or even Diamond. That's why I'm trying to play it as straight as possible. I've been relying on cheats a fair amount in recent pokemon games. Not 1-hit kill, or infinite health or anything. Mostly just get lots of certain items (like TMs or Master balls, though I only used Master balls on legendaries or particularly rare pokemon, including shinies) or to get all three starters in a game. Or, of course, to access special events and get pokemon like Arceus or Mew. This time I'm trying to do it like it's supposed to be done, something I don't think has really happened since I played Sapphire for the first time.

I can honestly say that I've never fully cheated in a Pokemon game since Missingno in Blue version.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #614 on: 17 April, 2010, 04:17:10 pm »

Ah, Missingno. A classic glitch, up there with the Konami code.

And really, anybody who takes Pokemon battling seriously has far, far too much time on their hands. I could understand like the ones on the net, which let you choose and give pokemon the right stats and moves and skip all of that grinding so you could get right to competition, but that's about it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: