Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 06:13:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)  (Read 12115 times)
FrozenIndustry
Lord Agaranok/FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

« Reply #645 on: 20 April, 2010, 05:57:46 pm »

An Aipom called Samba... Samba de Amigo?

Ah. Didn't get that at first. Clever.
Report Spam   Logged

Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #646 on: 20 April, 2010, 06:01:02 pm »

Absolem doesn't sound right for a pokemon that's not an Absol.... It.... Bugs me....

Heh....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #647 on: 20 April, 2010, 06:04:33 pm »

Sonata and Absolem stand out as good ones to me, not a fan of Roxxor.

Yeah, I can understand that. It's not really my best work... Still, he was only the third pokemon I captured and named.

Care to guess where Sonata and Absolem come from? One of them is probably more obvious than the other, but still...

Yes indeed. I was planning to call her Akiki, after a particular monkey in the Mario series, but then I played Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, and I felt Aipom/Ambipom shared some physical similarities with Amigo. Also, until recently, I thought the main character of Samba de Amigo was called Samba, not Amigo. Not sure why...

Absolem doesn't sound right for a pokemon that's not an Absol.... It.... Bugs me....

Heh....

Trust me, it fits better once you know where I got the name from.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #648 on: 20 April, 2010, 06:09:32 pm »

Heh....

Hmmm.... How?

I mean it could work but not when there's another pokemon with the same name....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #649 on: 20 April, 2010, 06:11:41 pm »

Sonata and Absolem stand out as good ones to me, not a fan of Roxxor.

Yeah, I can understand that. It's not really my best work... Still, he was only the third pokemon I captured and named.

Care to guess where Sonata and Absolem come from? One of them is probably more obvious than the other, but still...

Yes indeed. I was planning to call her Akiki, after a particular monkey in the Mario series, but then I played Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, and I felt Aipom/Ambipom shared some physical similarities with Amigo. Also, until recently, I thought the main character of Samba de Amigo was called Samba, not Amigo. Not sure why...

Heh....

I honestly have no idea.
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #650 on: 20 April, 2010, 06:16:29 pm »

Ah, okay. A bit off topic considering the subject matter, but is Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing any good?
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #651 on: 20 April, 2010, 06:20:41 pm »

Well, Sonata is the name of my kitsune character in the Dojo & Mansion RPs, whose fox form is based somewhat on Ninetales.

As for Absolem, that's the name of the Caterpillar in Tim Burton's version of Alice in Wonderland. Right at the end of the film, a blue butterfly (sound familiar?) lands on Alice's shoulder in the "real" world, which she identifies as a post-cocoon Absolem.

A lot of the names I pick out for my pokemon match their final evolutionary stages better than their earlier ones.

Ah, okay. A bit off topic considering the subject matter, but is Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing any good?

Yeah, I think so. I still prefer Mario Kart, but it's not a bad effort. I've been playing the DS version more than the Wii one, though.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #652 on: 20 April, 2010, 06:21:54 pm »

Well, Sonata is the name of my kitsune character in the Dojo & Mansion RPs, whose fox form is based somewhat on Ninetales.

As for Absolem, that's the name of the Caterpillar in Tim Burton's version of Alice in Wonderland. Right at the end of the film, a blue butterfly (sound familiar?) lands on Alice's shoulder in the "real" world, which she identifies as a post-cocoon Absolem.

A lot of the names I pick out for my pokemon match their final evolutionary stages better than their earlier ones.

Yeah, I think so. I still prefer Mario Kart, but it's not a bad effort. I've been playing the DS version more than the Wii one, though.

Ah, gotcha.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #653 on: 20 April, 2010, 06:27:46 pm »

Yup... Alice in Wonderland is also where I got McTwisp from, as that's the name of the White Rabbit. There's no real reason for using it, as the White Rabbit doesn't have much in common with a Sentret or a Furret, I just thought it was a nice name.

Yeah, I rather liked that film... *sweatdrop*
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #654 on: 20 April, 2010, 06:31:40 pm »

I didn't see it, and I didn't have any interest in seeing it, so I can't say much. :/
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #655 on: 20 April, 2010, 06:36:18 pm »

Opinion of it seems to be split right down the middle. Some (myself included) think it's a decent film that looks very good and boasts some great performances, others think it's "meh" at best. Undecided

I'd personally recommend at least giving it a try, however. Y'know, when it comes out on DVD, since I'm not sure it's still in theatres...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #656 on: 20 April, 2010, 06:38:08 pm »

Maybe. My brother saw it and wasn't fond of it.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #657 on: 20 April, 2010, 06:44:49 pm »

*shrug* To each their own. I mean, I liked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but loads of other people seemed to dislike it.

Anyway, has anyone guessed where the name Lightyear came from yet?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #658 on: 20 April, 2010, 06:46:37 pm »

*shrug* To each their own. I mean, I liked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but loads of other people seemed to dislike it.

Anyway, has anyone guessed where the name Lightyear came from yet?

An entertaining movie by istlef, but horrid in comparison to the original in my opinion. :/

I'm assuming Toy Story. Who's named that again?
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #659 on: 20 April, 2010, 06:54:29 pm »

See, that's something I've noticed. People always compare these movies to the original source and more often than not end up walking away disappointed. I just take the movies as they are. Of course, that doesn't save all movies from me thinking they're rubbish... *coughBatmanandRobincough*

And yes, he's named after Buzz Lightyear. My sister suggested it to me. The thought of calling a Weedle Lightyear was just too strangely awesome to pass up.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: