Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 04:20:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Super Street Fighter IV

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Street Fighter IV  (Read 4137 times)
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« on: 29 September, 2009, 11:28:00 am »

Announcement Vid:
http://tgs.gamespot.com/video/6230545/

The Lowdown:
-expected release date: Spring of 2010. Physical disc. Not DLC. Supposedly not going to be priced like a full new game. Probably going to want to keep your original IV disc for some reason.
-New online stuff that we should have already had, like support for rooms. Gameplay tweaks.
-New characters: Arab grappler named Hakan, who is obsessed with oil. What the hell? Korean taekwondo fighter named Juri. important in the main storyline. Works for Seth supposedly. looks retarded. First Taekwondo fighter ever in Street Fighter.
-T.Hawk and DeeJay from SSFTT are in. They were actually planned, half made, and dropped for the original Street Fighter IV.
-Ibuki, Makoto and Dudley from Third Strike are in. Dudley is supposedly trying to locate a rose. No stupider than trying to find his car like in TS, I suppose.
-Alpha additions include Adon, Cody and Guy. Great choices IMO Cody has an alpha counter and fights with a knife. Guy has his chain combos from Alpha.
-Probably no bonus stages, even if designers wanted them in.
-People each have 2 Ultras now. Some even have extra supers. Personally I feel this ruins the "complex simplicity" of the game. Sakura regains Shinku Hadouken. Guile regains Sonic Hurricane. - Makoto has her super as Tanden Renki. May be possible to activate with an Ultra charged to commence the **** time. Gen gets a new air Ultra. Chun-Li gets Kikoshou. Sagat regains Tiger Cannon (like he REALLY needed it). Zangief has a new throw called "Siberian Blizzard" that involves rotating the stick in a 720 motion.
-Some new moves include sick names like "Breathless", "Yoga Shangri-La", "Psycho Punisher" and "Demon Armageddon".

Pics:
http://cache-foo-03.gawkerassets.com/gawker/assets/images/9/2009/09/500x_JRIvsVEG_ARG_021_USED.jpg
http://cache-foo-08.gawkerassets.com/gawker/assets/images/9/2009/09/500x_USEDHWKvsRIC_ARG_021USED.jpg
http://cache-foo-02.gawkerassets.com/gawker/assets/images/9/2009/09/500x_USEDHWKvsRIC_ARG_049USED.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/106dhms.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/ettn9k.jpg
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #1 on: 29 September, 2009, 11:36:10 am »

Cool stuff.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: 29 September, 2009, 11:38:12 am »

I was the smart guy who waited before purchasing, I'll be waiting for Turbo to be announced as well.
Report Spam   Logged

IngSlayer
~Baffling Artist~
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

« Reply #3 on: 29 September, 2009, 11:47:02 am »

This is great news.
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: 29 September, 2009, 11:54:52 am »

That arab guy sounds like he may be my next favorite fighter.
Report Spam   Logged

Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2

« Reply #5 on: 29 September, 2009, 11:55:58 am »

I may have to look into this later.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #6 on: 29 September, 2009, 12:49:02 pm »

That arab guy sounds like he may be my next favorite fighter.

^

Also, I'm pleased with Ibuki and Cody, not so much the rest.

Probably gonna buy...
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
HyperOmar
« Reply #7 on: 29 September, 2009, 03:51:12 pm »

Cool stuff.
Probably gonna buy get...
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy

Yare yare daze

« Reply #8 on: 29 September, 2009, 04:57:11 pm »

I'm gonna ignore this. I wasn't too good at the first one. Looking more forward to the updated version of BlazBlue.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #9 on: 29 September, 2009, 06:29:03 pm »

Looking more forward to the updated version of BlazBlue.

^ That but I'm still probably gonna get this since it doesn't seem to be a full priced game.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: 29 September, 2009, 07:20:13 pm »

BlazBlue only has one character announced(And colors, but honestly who cares?), and GG doesn't exactly have an any better reputation of making their upgrades be good enough for a thirty dollar price tag. Meanwhile this already has nine more characters, more ultra combos, supers, better online, etc.
« Last Edit: 29 September, 2009, 07:23:51 pm by -Ω-911-Ω- » Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy

Yare yare daze

« Reply #11 on: 29 September, 2009, 07:22:36 pm »

BlazBlue only has one character announced(And colors, but honestly who cares?), and GG doesn't exactly have an any better reputation of making their upgrades be good enough for a thirty dollar price tag. Meanwhile this already has ten more characters, more ultra combos, supers, better online, etc.
And yet somehow BlazBlue manages to be more interesting in every single way, unlike the campfest that is SFIV.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #12 on: 29 September, 2009, 07:24:07 pm »

BB has two characters announced now.

And I'd argue that BlazBlue's online was superior to SFIV's. While I'll admit SSFIV is a better deal, I'm still more interested in BB:CS at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #13 on: 29 September, 2009, 07:25:36 pm »

BlazBlue only has one character announced(And colors, but honestly who cares?), and GG doesn't exactly have an any better reputation of making their upgrades be good enough for a thirty dollar price tag. Meanwhile this already has ten more characters, more ultra combos, supers, better online, etc.
And yet somehow BlazBlue manages to be more interesting in every single way, unlike the campfest that is SFIV.
Kay.

BB has two characters announced now.

And I'd argue that BlazBlue's online was superior to SFIV's. While I'll admit SSFIV is a better deal, I'm still more interested in BB:CS at the moment.
I've only heard of that dumb looking chick in your profile, so I haven't heard of the other person.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #14 on: 29 September, 2009, 07:26:35 pm »

Images of Hazama were released a little while ago.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: