Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 10:10:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pop Culture Showdown Adamantium Cup: T-1000 vs. Megatron

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop Culture Showdown Adamantium Cup: T-1000 vs. Megatron  (Read 262 times)
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« on: 28 October, 2009, 06:32:00 pm »

That's right. We're back.

Welcome to Round 2 of the Pop Culture Showdown. Here in the Adamantium Division, we don't **** around. Super-Speed, Intangibility, and a ton of mis-applied gadgetry, when you step up to the plate here, you risk not having a body left to bury.

You know how this goes. Vote for who you think would win in an all-out battle to the death.

Note that as this is a Who-Would-Win based tournament, it would be appreciated if you read and take part in the debate on tactics and fighting ability before voting; you can change your vote any time you want before the polls close. After the polls are closed, I will spend a day writing out a battle between the two combatants and post it in the next showdown topic, with the winner being decided by the winner of the poll. If you would like to suggest a location for the battle, feel free to do so.

If anyone feels like they absolutely have to write out a battle themselves, feel free to send me what you have in mind, and I'll probably enjoy the day off. 

Now then, on to battle!

T-1000   

T-1000: Terminator Series: An android created by Skynet to specialize in Assassination. The T-1000 is made out of a mimetic poly-alloy, an intelligent form of liquid metal that is capable of altering it’s shape, color, and texture to match that of anything it touches that’s of a similar size or volume. The T-1000 can form blades or bludgeoning weaponry out of its own material at will, however, it cannot form explosive or complicated machinery that require the use chemicals in order to function. T-1000 is more than capable of feats of superhuman strength and is extremely resistant to all forms of physical damage, easily closing up wounds or reattaching severed parts. The T-1000 is not an android to be taken lightly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-1000

Megatron

Megatron: Beast Wars: The tyranical leader of the Predacons, Megatron’s skill as a battlefield commander is unmatched, which along with his battle prowess makes him one of the biggest threats to… the dinosaurs of Earth or something... Megatron’s left forearm contains a deadly blade capable of slicing through his opponents, while his right arm fires a powerful blast of energy. Megatron also has the ability to initiate a number of transformations, from his stock transformation of a deadly T-Rex, to his supremely powerful Dragon form that few have stood up against alone. Megatron laughs at the idea of honor, taking any advantage he can to survive a battle. His motto remains, "What does not destroy me makes me strong . . . what attempts to destroy me shall be obliterated.".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megatron_(Beast_Era)

Round 1:
1. T-1000 vs. Megatron

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #1 on: 28 October, 2009, 06:56:00 pm »

How large is the blast that Megatron can do? I don't really know who to vote for, even by my own opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #2 on: 28 October, 2009, 07:05:14 pm »

Not really sure what form he's in at that point.

So either T-1000 gets incinerated instantly, or it can get inside Megatron's body, turn it's liquid metal into a couple of blades and see what sort of damage it can do.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #3 on: 28 October, 2009, 08:24:14 pm »

I think this might be a better display of his various forms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s-k6pdBHVs&NR=1&feature=fvwp
Report Spam   Logged

Masterman
« Reply #4 on: 29 October, 2009, 03:20:05 pm »

Megatron. Cause he don't play that ****.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #5 on: 29 October, 2009, 04:02:54 pm »

Megatron. Cause he don't play that ****.

^

Although the T-1000 is badass and this is a pretty ****ing sweet fight, I just think Megatron can take him out with a big enough blast.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #6 on: 30 October, 2009, 12:28:55 pm »

I don't know who to vote for either...
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #7 on: 30 October, 2009, 12:29:55 pm »

*can't wait for write up*

This fight is gonna be so badass...

*lives for this contest*
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #8 on: 31 October, 2009, 11:25:18 am »

This fight is gonna be so badass...
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #9 on: 03 November, 2009, 03:40:01 pm »

So either T-1000 gets incinerated instantly, or it can get inside Megatron's body, turn it's liquid metal into a couple of blades and see what sort of damage it can do.

Is Megatron even in that video? It looked to me like two forms of Optimus fighting.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #10 on: 03 November, 2009, 03:42:36 pm »

Is Megatron even in that video? It looked to me like two forms of Optimus fighting.

Megatron stole Optimus' Non-Beast-Mode Body and transferred himself into it. Not sure if that should be used during the tourney, but it's canon so...
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #11 on: 03 November, 2009, 03:46:17 pm »

Megatron stole Optimus' Non-Beast-Mode Body and transferred himself into it. Not sure if that should be used during the tourney, but it's canon so...

I'm not sure it should count. He's using Optimus' weapons and abilities, not his own. I think only his regular, Transmetal and Transmetal 2 forms should count.

He had another form in Beast Machines, didn't he? What are the battle capabilities of that?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #12 on: 03 November, 2009, 03:48:36 pm »

Humanoid, T-Rex and Dragon right?

Humanoid can fire energy blasts, beam sword, freeze enemies, and a couple other stuff I'm not sure of. T-Rex makes his opponent's crap themselves and the Dragon breathes really really hot fire. I'm not really sure, so if someone who watches the series wants to fill the rest in, go for it.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #13 on: 03 November, 2009, 03:54:33 pm »

It really depends on what versions of humanoid and T-rex you mean. He starts off as a regular transformer with humanoid and T-Rex forms, then he becomes a Transmetal about halfway through the series, which gives his beast form a much more mechanical appearance, gives him a "vehicular" flight mode, and basically overall increases his power as far as I know. Then in the last few episodes he becomes a Transmetal 2 and becomes a dragon in Beast Mode instead of a t-rex. He also gets another power increase, I think.

And judging from that second video you posted, he can also freeze things in his Transmetal 2 form as well.

It's been a long time since I saw Beast Wars, and I've never seen Beast Machines so I don't know what he can do in that series.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #14 on: 03 November, 2009, 04:31:49 pm »

I'd assume that whoever nominated them would want him at his most powerful.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: