Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 10:49:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Future of Nintendo?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of Nintendo?  (Read 2258 times)
Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Refreshed

Do you earnestly think you can defeat me?

« Reply #15 on: 30 October, 2009, 02:19:28 pm »

O lawl Choro.
Report Spam   Logged
Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

Don't follow me...

« Reply #16 on: 30 October, 2009, 02:48:20 pm »

*Imagine a customizable SSB4 with built in character editor*

... I can dream, I know.

we can do that with brawl already.

hell, they've already made Geno, Zero, Shadow, Mewtwo... and now they can use AT and Boss models so we'll have Issac, Lyn, Rayquaza and Ridley (among others) in less than a month.
Report Spam   Logged

"The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me." ~ Ayn Rand
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #17 on: 30 October, 2009, 02:51:15 pm »

An SSB with all that actually in it would be nice though.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #18 on: 30 October, 2009, 02:51:49 pm »

... I can dream, I know.

hell, they've already made Geno, Zero, Shadow, Mewtwo... and now they can use AT and Boss models so we'll have Issac, Lyn, Rayquaza and Ridley (among others) in less than a month.
I'm not quite sure that the AT models have anywhere near enough animations, though. And as far as I can remember, that and the clone engine have been the major stumbling blocks when it comes to making actual original characters. PSA can only do so much.
Report Spam   Logged

HyperOmar
« Reply #19 on: 30 October, 2009, 02:52:14 pm »

Cool 'n stuff.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #20 on: 30 October, 2009, 02:55:28 pm »

Oooooh a new DS with a bigger screen, how revolutionary. If the new Wii's just going to have Blu-Ray and 1080p, then I'm not going to bother buying, especially if that's not going to help it in developing BETTER games not ones that look pretty on some ****'s overpriced flatscreen HDTV.

Blu-Ray and 1080p would probably encourage more third parties to develop for it, though. I mean how many multiplatform games are there that leave the Wii out of things?

Also, am I the only one that doesn't think the fact that Brawl can be hacked is a good reason not to have another SSB installment on the next console?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #21 on: 30 October, 2009, 03:00:11 pm »

Oooooh a new DS with a bigger screen, how revolutionary. If the new Wii's just going to have Blu-Ray and 1080p, then I'm not going to bother buying, especially if that's not going to help it in developing BETTER games not ones that look pretty on some ****'s overpriced flatscreen HDTV.

Blu-Ray and 1080p would probably encourage more third parties to develop for it, though. I mean how many multiplatform games are there that leave the Wii out of things?

Also, am I the only one that doesn't think the fact that Brawl can be hacked is a good reason not to have another SSB installment on the next console?
Oh, I quite agree. I just think that making the most out of Brawl while we can before we go ahead and get to grips with the next installment of the series is the best possible idea. I'm quite looking forward to the next version, but it's so far off there's no real point in wondering while there's still things we can do. And no, I don't think Brawl was a terrible, awful, shame of a game, unlike Choro. I just believe that some things were totally unnecessary (tripping), that the balancing was awful, and it was generally far too defensively focused.
Report Spam   Logged

Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Don't follow me...

« Reply #22 on: 30 October, 2009, 03:02:19 pm »

... I can dream, I know.

I'm not quite sure that the AT models have anywhere near enough animations, though. And as far as I can remember, that and the clone engine have been the major stumbling blocks when it comes to making actual original characters. PSA can only do so much.
right now they don't have enough animations, but the latest BrawlBox lets you map the model to existing character animation (i.e. mario) which is why ridley and rayquaza actually can move and fight, albeit sloppily. same goes for ATs. they can move and use character animations, but they look bad because they need their bone structures to be re-worked.

you need to go look at all the stuff thats happened in the workshop this week. check out zero too. thats just a taste of what psa can do. initially it couldn't edit very much, but now its been reworked to let you edit everything. even complete character animation swaps. psa can actually do very much.
Report Spam   Logged

"The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me." ~ Ayn Rand
Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Refreshed

Do you earnestly think you can defeat me?

« Reply #23 on: 30 October, 2009, 03:04:48 pm »

Its a downright stupid reason.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #24 on: 30 October, 2009, 03:06:28 pm »

... I can dream, I know.

right now they don't have enough animations, but the latest BrawlBox lets you map the model to existing character animation (i.e. mario) which is why ridley and rayquaza actually can move and fight, albeit sloppily. same goes for ATs. they can move and use character animations, but they look bad because they need their bone structures to be re-worked.

you need to go look at all the stuff thats happened in the workshop this week. check out zero too. thats just a taste of what psa can do. initially it couldn't edit very much, but now its been reworked to let you edit everything. even complete character animation swaps. psa can actually do very much.
Not to diminish what PSA can do, but swapping the animations of characters is nothing new (Manchu). What I'm actually referring to is the making of totally new animations to fit their polygons/wireframes or whatever. Because that's really the only way they're ever going to be original characters. Or at least ones that don't look like utter crap.
Report Spam   Logged

Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Don't follow me...

« Reply #25 on: 30 October, 2009, 03:12:25 pm »

... I can dream, I know.

Not to diminish what PSA can do, but swapping the animations of characters is nothing new (Manchu). What I'm actually referring to is the making of totally new animations to fit their polygons/wireframes or whatever. Because that's really the only way they're ever going to be original characters. Or at least ones that don't look like utter crap.
true. but with the speed at which hacks have been going its probably safe to assume that model/animation injection could see beta in about a years time.

in the meantime, however, we can still do incredible things and make fairly unique characters (lucario w/ wolf's fair = mewtwo shadow claw). you can still have original characters even without brand new animations.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #26 on: 30 October, 2009, 03:14:59 pm »

... I can dream, I know.

true. but with the speed at which hacks have been going its probably safe to assume that model/animation injection could see beta in about a years time.

in the meantime, however, we can still do incredible things and make fairly unique characters (lucario w/ wolf's fair = mewtwo shadow claw). you can still have original characters even without brand new animations.
Admitted. Of course, none of this stuff has actually been compiled into a new tourney set (Other than Brawl+ and BBrawl), so it's mostly just for dicking around.
Report Spam   Logged

Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Don't follow me...

« Reply #27 on: 30 October, 2009, 03:17:53 pm »

... I can dream, I know.

Admitted. Of course, none of this stuff has actually been compiled into a new tourney set (Other than Brawl+ and BBrawl), so it's mostly just for dicking around.
lol yeah. and even BBrawl/Brawl+ have a lot of problems too.
Report Spam   Logged

NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

Mood: ...

Back as soon as I CAN SEE IT, CAN'T SEE 3D!

« Reply #28 on: 30 October, 2009, 03:23:27 pm »

... Is there a world record for the most cracked game ever? If so, Brawl seems to be a serious contender, now.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #29 on: 30 October, 2009, 03:29:33 pm »

... Is there a world record for the most cracked game ever? If so, Brawl seems to be a serious contender, now.
Doom.

And yeah Choro, but at least both projects are trying to solve their problems and improve.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: