Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 09:11:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Nintendo sales dropping

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo sales dropping  (Read 2668 times)
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #30 on: 02 November, 2009, 05:44:54 pm »

The sales could also be related to the fact that Nintendo relies a lot on the DS dominating the market. I can easily vouch that my DS collection is more vast than my Wii collection, and I enjoy it more. Maybe with four DS's out there, people are finally saying "**** it"
That could be it as well. I personally still have my original phat DS, and it has served me very well to this day.

Too many of the items were underused as well. The Spinner was a fun item and the Arbiter's Grounds was one of the most fun dungeons in the game (along with its boss fight), but it had barely any use outside the dungeon. Same kind of deal with the Ball and Chain and the Dominion Rod.
I loved Arbiter's Grounds' boss fight. The music as well.
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #31 on: 02 November, 2009, 05:45:56 pm »

That's what I mean, Nintendo keeps falling back on their old ideas and simply re-issuing them and that rumored new Wii revision is only strengthening that impression more.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #32 on: 02 November, 2009, 05:50:41 pm »

The sales could also be related to the fact that Nintendo relies a lot on the DS dominating the market. I can easily vouch that my DS collection is more vast than my Wii collection, and I enjoy it more. Maybe with four DS's out there, people are finally saying "**** it"
That could be it as well. I personally still have my original phat DS, and it has served me very well to this day.

My only main issue with the DS Phat was that the screen was a bit dim. The DSi is pretty good, but I still think the DS Lite is the best one overall so far.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #33 on: 02 November, 2009, 05:57:12 pm »

That's what I mean, Nintendo keeps falling back on their old ideas and simply re-issuing them and that rumored new Wii revision is only strengthening that impression more.
Is that the Wii-HD, or whatever they call it?

My only main issue with the DS Phat was that the screen was a bit dim. The DSi is pretty good, but I still think the DS Lite is the best one overall so far.
I have been thinking about getting a new one... it's definately showing signs of old age. But it still works, and then I think "If I have the money to spend on a new DS, I may as well spend it on a PSP since my DS still works..." then I buy nothing.
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #34 on: 02 November, 2009, 06:01:58 pm »

Yeah, and sadly I think that's the only thing new about it and the Blu-Ray player.
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #35 on: 02 November, 2009, 06:06:32 pm »

Yeah, that is kind of stupid... Pretty much the same console, only with the ability to show better graphics... Better graphics and nothing else should not be a reason to price it as an entirely new console... I'll probably still cave in and get it, but it is kind of a dick move.
« Last Edit: 02 November, 2009, 06:12:18 pm by I_like_Misaka&Kuroko » Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #36 on: 02 November, 2009, 06:10:12 pm »

I agree it's a bit of a lame move, but hopefully it might mean that more developers will make games for it. How many multi-platform games aren't given a Wii release? Granted some of thsoe games also require decent online service, but still...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #37 on: 02 November, 2009, 06:13:49 pm »

Yeah. And when they do get a wii release (Or a wiilease), it tends to be vastly different than the PS3/360 versions, developed by someone entirely different, and it's usually not very good.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #38 on: 02 November, 2009, 06:17:43 pm »

Yeah. And when they do get a wii release (Or a wiilease), it tends to be vastly different than the PS3/360 versions, developed by someone entirely different, and it's usually not very good.

Don't Wii releases of multi-platform games often get made with a PS2 development kit? It would mean developers don't have to totally redo the graphics for the Wiilease from the ground up every time.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #39 on: 02 November, 2009, 06:20:20 pm »

Yeah. And when they do get a wii release (Or a wiilease)...
We're NOT going to start a gimmick of Nintendo using Elmer Fudd talk, no.
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #40 on: 02 November, 2009, 06:21:51 pm »

I think so, yeah... I know that a lot of them are ported to the PS2, anyway. So it's kind of weird the games aren't good... I loved my PS2, it had some really great games on it, and if the games are made kind of like they'd be made for the PS2...

Yeah. And when they do get a wii release (Or a wiilease)...
We're NOT going to start a gimmick of Nintendo using Elmer Fudd talk, no.
Sorry. It's just such an obvious joke to replace any Re- with Wii.
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #41 on: 02 November, 2009, 06:54:12 pm »

I've always preferred WW to OoT. Majora's mask, on the other hand, is a definite contender for my favorite Zelda.

I agree with everything here.

Also, While the main aspect of "Toon" Link that prefer over Twilight Princess Link is that he's a kid rather than him being cell shaded, I wouldn't mind seeing them try and take a similar cell shading style to the more anatomical adult Link of Twilight Princess and see what it looks like.

I would love to see this. I would expect the game/gameplay to reflect the fact that Link is older too.

Also, I really liked the mood and direction WW went towards above the others. The aesthetic just seemed nice, comforting and a hell of a lot more welcoming, but still was serious to ultimately, a respectable degree.

^

and

There wasn't much to the overworld, but I have to admit that I did have fun sailing around at random while hunting enemies on watchtowers. Honestly, if the game had a larger amount of enemies and more watchtowers/islands covered in different types of these enemies, the overworld might have been pretty fun to travel across. It at least seemed a bit more distinctive than TP's.
I agree with this.

This, and anything that can be woven into the game that augments the feeling of travel (bustling cities/towns, encountering multiple NPCs/enemies in the overworld that aren't just/don't feel like random spawns, different methods of travel, etc.) is welcome by me.
Report Spam   Logged

Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

Don't follow me...

« Reply #42 on: 02 November, 2009, 07:01:50 pm »

so...

high five? anybody?

anyone? come on, you know you want to.
Report Spam   Logged

"The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me." ~ Ayn Rand
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: GameFreak_Jake
Mood: ...

« Reply #43 on: 02 November, 2009, 07:38:22 pm »

Am I the only one that disliked the look of WW? The game itself was alright, I personally find it over rated by Zelda fans, but still alright. But I never did like that the cel-shaded look.
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #44 on: 03 November, 2009, 03:29:49 am »

I really liked the cel-shaded look. Then again, I'm a gamer who prefers vibrant colors to realism so...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: