Ultimate Paradise
25 November, 2020, 11:46:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

~The Splendid Adventures of Rondam and Flody~

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 260 261 [262] 263   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~The Splendid Adventures of Rondam and Flody~  (Read 15489 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #3915 on: 08 October, 2020, 08:46:44 am »

I just watched the first episode of Space Runaway Ideon, which seems to be Tomino's version of Voltron Vehicle Force. My understanding is this is what he did after MSG 0079 got cancelled, so we'll see how much it is the exact same show made out of spite.
This show ended up being pretty incredible. It's similar to Gundam in that it's got the child soldier stuff going on throughout (and goes even further with it), but otherwise it's like this Ur-anime that everything else feels like it draws from. Or in the case of Anno, steals directly and deliberately from. Like, End of Eva is just a worse version of The Ideon: Be Invoked movie.

I've kept up with Wing, and that show has such a rough stretch on the leadup to the end. I still think the end itself, like the last 3 or 4 episodes, is ok, but now that I know that they just pivot to a Char's Counterattack redux despite the show not being about what that movie is about, the cracks are all there.

I did watch ZZ Gundam. It's uneven like Zeta, but it's got some pretty high highs. And then after that I stalled out trying to watch the various SD Gundam episodes. I need to finish those at some point so I can move on to 0083 and Victory Gundam and such.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 260 261 [262] 263   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: