Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 06:41:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

~The Splendid Adventures of Rondam and Flody~

Pages: 1 ... 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 ... 263   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~The Splendid Adventures of Rondam and Flody~  (Read 26874 times)
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #3825 on: 06 March, 2019, 02:28:57 pm »

Yeah it's pretty dope. Quite graphic too.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #3826 on: 06 March, 2019, 07:51:13 pm »

Checked the first episode out, was pretty rad. I probably shouldn't be surprised considering Tezuka rules.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #3827 on: 11 March, 2019, 12:43:24 pm »

Episodes 5 and 6 were tough.

This show feels like a heavier/more grounded Katanagatari.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #3828 on: 11 March, 2019, 01:40:52 pm »

Yeah, 5 was really hard to watch. I didn't see 6 yet. The Katanagatari comparison is also very apt and one that I did not think of. I got some Berserk vibes from it.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3829 on: 14 March, 2019, 12:32:59 pm »

Episode 6 was good and not what I expected. Solid subversion.

When do the new episodes come out? I'm guessing there's only two more to go.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #3830 on: 14 March, 2019, 01:52:10 pm »

I heard this is a 2-cour show actually. Comes out Mondays.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3831 on: 14 March, 2019, 06:45:07 pm »

Oh really? That's very interesting.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3832 on: 17 March, 2019, 08:51:47 pm »

In continuing the trend of me not watching shows when they are out and only watching a few years after everyone has move done, I finished Nathan For You this weekend. Its extremely funny and good but the last episode where it actually turns into a non-fiction documentary film is so staggeringly good and fucked me up immensely. It ruled.

also the Mortal Kombat movie is on Hulu hell yeah
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3833 on: 28 March, 2019, 07:51:42 am »

Watched the most recent episode of Dororo yesterday. Not super satisfied with where Tohomaru ended up, so hopefully he's not done. Interested to see where the next cour goes.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3834 on: 05 April, 2019, 09:26:17 pm »

After picking up where I left off and watching to the end, then starting over and rewatching the whole thing, I am ready to declare that actually Re:CREATORS is good.

What action it has is really good. Outside of that, it features a lot of characters standing in rooms talking to each other (a lot of anime does), but the talking is really good. It's a meditation on what it means to create, to be created, what happens when those people interact with each other, what creation costs. It's a touching and funny show at heart.

I think the thing I struggled with most was whether the audience stand-in character had earned his happy ending. I'm going to spoil the show talking about this.

The primary antagonist of the show is basically a Sonic OC that is so beloved by Japan's sprawling fanart community that she gains infinite power. Everyone who draws her adds to her powers in some new way, and she gains the power to both exist IRL, bring other creations into the world, and then she has a ton of super broken retcon powers, too. Her creator was this artist who was popular on what is basically DeviantArt, but she got hit with internet backlash and accused of plagiarism. The ensuing harassment resulted in her committing suicide.

The audience stand-in was her friend. He was an artist on the same site but his work wasn't good enough to get any attention. She found it and liked it, though, and they got to know each other. They even went to a con together and it was clear that they were both just lonely young people. He grows to resent her though when her art gets more and more popular and his own doesn't show any sign of improvement. When she's being harassed, she reaches out to him and he pushes her away in the moment where all she needs is a friend.

When he hears of her death, he is wracked with guilt and tries to repress all of it, forgetting about her.

But then her character shows up in the real world and starts wreaking havoc, and so he has to confront it all. He confesses all of this to the other creators, the authors and artists of the creations that have been pulled into the world and are trying to stop the sonic OC, and they're all pretty stunned, but they don't ostracize him. One of them points out that if he was the kind of person who didn't feel bad at all about what he had done, then they probably couldn't be friends.

Fast-forward to the finale: The good guys have teamed up with the government to create the biggest crossover event in anime history. The idea is that they trap the sonic OC (her name is Altair) within the continuity of the crossover and defeat her there after having powered up all the other creations. This doesn't work. The audience is more sympathetic to Altair having known her from the internet and they see her as the true hero (even though she is trying to destroy the world), so her powers just go beyond infinite.

The only thing that works is the audience stand-in character's contribution to the crossover, which is his memories of his friend that he wasn't there for. She appears within the confines of the crossover and convinces Altair to stand down. The only reason this works is because his interpretation of her creator, his memories of her are so perfectly realized that Altair accepts her as the real thing.

And I think that works for me.

It's just a lot of fun to watch, and it gets to me. It'll probably become a staple of mine.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3835 on: 16 May, 2019, 09:40:20 am »

taking my space in here to real quick say I watched John Wick 1 and 2 last week and they **** rule. Got tickets for 3 and I'm hoping it keeps up. Godzilla tickets also obtained. Movies are cool.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3836 on: 25 May, 2019, 11:36:50 pm »

I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson is very good.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3837 on: 31 May, 2019, 03:32:14 pm »

BUSY WEEK

Bought my brother tickets to see The Book of Mormon and went with him. First musical I've been to in probably a decade. We had very good seats and it was fun. The next night I saw King of the Monsters. Its getting bad reviews and it seems even people who like this kind of movie are mixed or split. I personally dug it. Saw someone describe it as a modern American take on the Heisei Godzillas and I think that nails it pretty much.

GOING TO MY FIRST DEATHMATCH WRESTLING TOURNAMENT TOMORROW BOYS I AM OFFICIAL DEATHMATCH TRASH I am so excited to see multiple men smash glass on each other, what happened to me and how did my life get to this moment
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3838 on: 07 June, 2019, 11:04:21 am »

I think I might have missed a chance to finish watching MSG 0079. I can't find any sites that have streams of it now.

So instead I'm watching Yu Yu Hakusho again on a whim. Will see how far I go, not sure if a full rewatch is in the cards.

Also I want to make some time to watch Chernobyl 'cause it sounds really good.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #3839 on: 08 June, 2019, 11:21:48 am »

I saw the first ep of Chernobyl and it is indeed very good. Highly recommend so far.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 ... 263   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: