Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 11:59:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

~The Splendid Adventures of Rondam and Flody~

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~The Splendid Adventures of Rondam and Flody~  (Read 26947 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #3870 on: 09 July, 2019, 09:00:01 pm »

finished The Stranger Things, I can't believe they ended by showing George Romero's Day of the Dead in its entirety

Good season and real good ending. Between watching that and EoE on back to back days I'm a bit of a mess.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #3871 on: 09 July, 2019, 10:49:39 pm »

I'd forgotten all about episode 21. Damn.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3872 on: 10 July, 2019, 06:35:14 pm »

Stuff happens really fast in episode 23 and 24, and it just kinda turns into all the command center folks screaming jargon at each other. There are great moments in there, but the show barely holds it together at this point. I forgot that they started having to use storyboard clippings for the "Next Time On" parts, too.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3873 on: 10 July, 2019, 07:46:42 pm »

I'd love to see the reactions when people first saw the storyboard art as previews. Like did anyone think it was going to be a sign of things to come or did they just thing it was some weird joke?
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3874 on: 13 July, 2019, 12:20:10 am »

I saw Midsommar tonight. Overall I liked it but thought it was a bit overlong and not quite as good as Hereditary. spoilers below

The beginning is real good and emotionally draining and the cliff scene is fantastic, but it never quite reaches those levels after. Also, come on Ari Aster you can't show me a bear in a cage in a horror movie and not have it maul someone. You can still kill it in the end and make a bear suit for someone but that's like a wasted bear as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, I'm being a bit over negative, its still good and there's neat creepy details like the plants seemingly breathing. "Not as good as Hereditary" is not the worst thing to be.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3875 on: 13 July, 2019, 02:12:35 pm »

Back at it again, saw Crawl which was dumb and enjoyable, more alligator movies please.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3876 on: 13 July, 2019, 08:19:56 pm »

Watched 25 and 26 last night, then EoE tonight.

What a show. What a thing.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3877 on: 14 July, 2019, 12:02:37 am »

the kom susser tod segment really rung my bell this time around, moreso than when I first watched it

I was in line with a friend for a show today and mentioned I rewatched it and he could not stop talking about how much he hated the show and Shinji and it took me right back to 2009/2010 when people were on here talking about whether they loved it or hated it.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3878 on: 22 July, 2019, 10:33:10 am »

Tool has posted an image on facebook with the date of August 30. Hrm.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3879 on: 22 July, 2019, 11:50:20 am »

Twitter, too. Sure is a spiffy new logo.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3880 on: 28 July, 2019, 08:30:38 pm »

I saw Once Upon a Time ...in Hollywood.

I enjoyed it. Not in a rush to see it again soon. Pitt and DiCaprio are excellent. I almost wonder if I'm not old enough to really get it, though? Need to do some reading and a get a sense of reactions and things I missed.
« Last Edit: 28 July, 2019, 11:37:26 pm by Random » Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3881 on: 28 July, 2019, 08:49:36 pm »

I'm excited to see it, haven't had the time yet. I always enjoy his movies in the theater and I suspect this won't be much different. Looking forward to seeing what priceless antique Kurt Russell destroys this time.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3882 on: 31 July, 2019, 09:00:03 am »

the Tool album got a title a few days ago
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3883 on: 31 July, 2019, 09:28:02 am »

And music on streaming services too. They're doing things, its very weird.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3884 on: 02 August, 2019, 07:29:19 am »

i have no seen once upon a time in hollywood

I dug it a lot. I'm a sucker for "the old cowboy feels the world is moving on" story and this is basically what the movie was. The segment with Kurt Russell narrating was my favorite by far. And even though I am obviously not someone who was alive in the 60s, seeing the movie references and drive in things like the refreshments preview made me smile since the movie-fests I go to use those a lot. Soundtrack was great too. Out of Time is the best Rolling Stones song.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: