Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 01:49:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

~The Splendid Adventures of Rondam and Flody~

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~The Splendid Adventures of Rondam and Flody~  (Read 27119 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #3885 on: 05 August, 2019, 08:18:57 pm »

I'm going to Toronto on Friday for a few days, mostly to get away, see a few online friends, see some wrestling (won't be going to the WWE shows then because I can't afford to but there's plenty of smaller shows in their wake and one of those shows has two of my absolute favorites wrestling) and to see Kirk Hammett's horror collection at the museum there.

As it turns out, Iron Maiden is also there for two days. I didn't plan for that. I may need to see them again despite seeing them last week.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #3886 on: 15 August, 2019, 10:44:27 pm »

i rewatched my hero academia again ama
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #3887 on: 16 August, 2019, 08:26:38 am »

how was it on your second pass

do you also feel that mineta is awful
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3888 on: 16 August, 2019, 09:04:31 am »

so this is actually my third pass, although only my second pass of the third season

Ok, so here's the thing about Mineta. He's objectively the worst part of the show, but I actually think the show takes advantage of that to draw attention away from how horny it is even when he isn't in the scene. Like there are so many of those typical fan service shots, and like it's fine? It's fine. Teens are horny. But also we really need the audience to see how shapely these girls are.

Hagakure? How would you even know this gag character was a girl if she wasn't wearing shirts with a pronounced bust.

Uraraka? She talks about how she doesn't think they got her costume right the first time she puts it on, but then she doesn't change it during the licensing arc when everyone updates their costumes, so she's stuck with the body suit and the... hoof... heel... boots? High-hoofs? No idea what they are.

Yaoyorozu is mostly played straight because she has to have exposed skin to use her quirk, but then she ends up ripping her costume and exposing herself a lot of the time anyway.

They even gave Tsu big boobs. The only girl that the show never seems to leer at is Jiro, and it explicitly calls attention to this when Mineta is trying to use the peephole and doesn't mention her.

Then there are the pro heroes, Midnight and Mount Lady, who again, their costumes and stuff make sense because of their quirks. There's even that scene where they go on a talk show to talk about sexy costumes.

None of this is to say that the show doesn't show off the guys either. There are plenty of attractive dudes. But with the exception of maybe Mirio, the camera doesn't focus on them the same way.

I have no idea where I'm going with this. It's an anime. It's a shounen anime. I find myself paying attention to it more now, though. Maybe the point is that Mineta is a symptom (but also can we please just treat this symptom, ugh).

I still really enjoy the character work of the show. I will always love my angry gay son Bakugo.

also the dub is good and there are people who don't like the dub and i just don't get it
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3889 on: 16 August, 2019, 09:18:31 am »

what part is the anime on now i took a break from reading the comic after the overhaul arc which i liked and uh accidentally never got back on

i also agree with what you said and not to give the show any leeway but it's also a shonen anime based on american superhero comics where all girls and women are dressed and proportioned similarly so yeah the symptoms are deep

Everyone dislikes every dub is my experience at this point. Some people will never be happy.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3890 on: 16 August, 2019, 09:47:03 am »

Overhaul was introduced in the last two episodes of season 3 and we don't even know what his deal is, so I guess his arc is gonna be this coming season.

There's also some Sensui-looking dude called Sir.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3891 on: 16 August, 2019, 10:05:29 am »

Okay word.

I look forward to when the comic has ended in ten years so I can start reading it again.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #3892 on: 16 August, 2019, 08:46:25 pm »

The scene where the generic sailor talks **** about the squid-villain and immediately proceeds to get squirted in the face and smacked into a wall to never be heard from again will forever be my favorite moment in the series.

Also why is Gang Orca so cool?
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3893 on: 16 August, 2019, 10:06:37 pm »

because he is the number 3 villain in the ranking of heroes that look like they should be villains

I watched the movie they made, Two Heroes. It was like watching fan fiction. Pretty disappointing.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3894 on: 18 August, 2019, 01:55:45 pm »

Saw Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark yesterday. Pretty solid PG-13 horror, has some legit suspenseful sequences and the monsters all look like the illustrations I remember from the books. Don't think it'll really scare anyone who's not a kid or teenager but its def a good gateway horror movie and also surprisingly a Vietnam movie?!
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3895 on: 01 October, 2019, 07:38:13 pm »

oh i watched an anime today everyone the streak is broken

I finally got around to watching Perfect Blue. I guess you could argue whether its horror but I wanted something different for the first horror film of October. It was pretty dope. I am totally sure I am the first person in the entire world to go "oh hey this is very De Palma".
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #3896 on: 01 October, 2019, 09:55:49 pm »

that makes me wanna do a horror anime per week challenge but there's maybe like, one or two good horror anime shows and one or two good movies that are made by the same guy who has been dead for almost 10 years. i'm too old to watch complete garbage anymore*

*i say as I casually rewatch the original yugioh show again
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3897 on: 02 October, 2019, 07:43:44 am »

i guess that's why i've seen so few horror anime despite it being theoretically in my wheelhouse

I'm sticking to new horror film per week this month. I used to be delusional and think I could do 31 movies in 31 days but with all the stuff I'm doing this month it ain't gonna happen. Horrorthon basically counts anyway since its almost always 90% movies I've never seen before.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #3898 on: 02 October, 2019, 04:17:09 pm »

Perfect Blue is one of my favorite anime movies, glad you enjoyed it.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3899 on: 17 November, 2019, 01:11:25 am »

The Mandalorian is basically Samurai Jack but Star Wars. Fully onboard with this.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: