Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 06:23:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

~The Splendid Adventures of Rondam and Flody~

Pages: 1 ... 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~The Splendid Adventures of Rondam and Flody~  (Read 27069 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #3900 on: 17 November, 2019, 08:46:17 am »

Is Herzog in it a lot or is he just a bit/one off?
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #3901 on: 17 November, 2019, 03:14:12 pm »

He was in the first episode but not the second, so I'm unsure. I think he should appear again? But can't say for sure.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #3902 on: 19 November, 2019, 01:13:36 am »

The Mandalorian is basically Samurai Jack but Star Wars. Fully onboard with this.
This sold me. Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3903 on: 29 December, 2019, 05:33:13 pm »

hey im makin some updates

I have two goals for 2020 media wise. One is to watch every Showa Godzilla film now that I have the immaculate Criterion Collection release. My other goal is to watch The Legend of Galactic Heroes finally. I've made attempts and stuff but I see its on some anime streaming service so come the 1st I'm signing up, plugging in the fuckin Roku and watching it. Gonna make it happen.

In comic news, I grabbed some trades on Amazon with a credit I had and a gift card I was given. Die is every bit as good as people are saying and comes highly recommended. Its basically a dark fantasy Jumanji where a group is sucked into a game of D&D with more horror elements to it and more themes of growing up and the fears of adulthood vs youth. Its good. These Savage Shores is also really great comic horror so far. Vampires with demons in India with a backdrop of colonialism and the machinations of the East India Trading Company. Horror comics rule and I know no one reads comics here but me but still check them out.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3904 on: 02 January, 2020, 09:18:05 am »

Ending of Mandalorian was good. Episode 5 was the low point.

I really liked the Witcher though it started stronger than it ended. Cavill is great.

Rise of Skywalker was atrocious and craven.

I haven't watched the last two episodes of His Dark Materials yet, which I think is damning because one of them has the bear fight in it. Been re-reading the books, though, and those hold up really well.

Knives Out was fun. Really good performances.

Watched the first twelve episodes of Carole and Tuesday. That show is cute, for the most part.

Also Watchmen was excellent.

I think that covers the last two months-ish of media consumption for me.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3905 on: 27 January, 2020, 10:00:00 am »

Saw three movies over the weekend.

Marriage Story was very good but difficult to watch. Adam Driver is, I think, a generational talent. Scarlett Johansson is excellent, too. I think I almost died during the scene with the keychain.

Jojo Rabbit was pretty good but is sort of a tonal mess. Scar Jo is also good in this, but Sam Rockwell steals the show for me. The Nazis suck.

Little Women was the highlight of the weekend. What a cast. Between this movie and Marriage Story I want Laura Dern to just be in everything. I feel like it's pretty early in his career, but Timothee Chalamet is already being typecast.

Movies. Movies are good.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3906 on: 27 January, 2020, 06:03:25 pm »

movies are Very Good

Have you watched any Twin Peaks? Laura Dern is fantastic in The Return episodes.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3907 on: 27 January, 2020, 10:06:32 pm »

I have not. I'm pretty unversed in all things David Lynch.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3908 on: 28 January, 2020, 04:54:44 pm »

I highly recommend it, the original show's first season rules and the second has some absolute garbage when he's not around, but The Return is like universally fantastic.

oh guess what everyone i am watching a current anime, eizouken is actually very dope from the three episodes i have seen

Legend of Galactic Heroes is going slowly but surely.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3909 on: 17 February, 2020, 03:14:07 pm »

watched Dolemite Is My Name over the weekend, was very good
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3910 on: 18 February, 2020, 05:40:43 pm »

Saw that in the theaters and thought it was great. Gotta rewatch.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3911 on: 06 March, 2020, 10:30:25 pm »

i have watched three episodes of The Castle Vania

Jason Isaacs is in it voicing a new character. He previously voiced Satan in the Lords of Shadow games. The streams are crossing. Apparently Barbara Steele is voicing someone? That's an insane get, nice gothic horror cut.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3912 on: 08 March, 2020, 11:03:42 pm »

I rewatched the first two seasons with a friend this weekend who hadn't seen them. Proper prepared for the new season now. First episode was a strong start. This show is so good.

Did a lot more watching of things while the friend was here.

Finally saw Moonlight. Incredibly understated film, super good.

Watched movie called Overlord, which is the most video game-ass movie I might have ever seen.

Went out and saw Emma. It was delightful and charming. Inject Bill Nighy directly into my veins, the man sustains me.

Watched a few episodes of Love Death and Robots, which I missed before. It's aight. Some of them feel underwritten. Some feel overwritten. They all seem to just go for it, though, which I appreciate.

And then watched Fantastic Mr. Fox and the Great Mouse Detective today. Both hold up.

Edit: oh hey, Bill Nighy is in this season, too. And Lance Reddick. This is excellent.
« Last Edit: 09 March, 2020, 08:27:58 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #3913 on: 09 March, 2020, 11:03:36 pm »

Have watched 7 episodes now. Loving the slow burn.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #3914 on: 10 March, 2020, 09:43:47 am »

Finished it recently. Had some issues with the pacing and didnt like it quite as much as everyone else seemed to, but the endings were all solid and I'm excited to see what comes next.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: