Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 08:21:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pop Culture Showdown Adamantium Cup: Alex Mercer vs. Professor X

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop Culture Showdown Adamantium Cup: Alex Mercer vs. Professor X  (Read 1379 times)
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« on: 30 November, 2009, 01:06:47 pm »

Note that as this is a Who-Would-Win based tournament, it would be appreciated if you read and take part in the debate on tactics and fighting ability before voting; you can change your vote any time you want before the polls close. After the polls are closed, I will spend a day writing out a battle between the two combatants and post it in the next showdown topic, with the winner being decided by the winner of the poll. If you would like to suggest a location for the battle, feel free to do so.

If anyone feels like they absolutely have to write out a battle themselves, feel free to send me what you have in mind, and I'll probably enjoy the day off. 

Now then, on to battle!

Alex Mercer

Alex Mercer: Prototype: A man who just happens to wake up one night in the morgue, infected with an unknown virus and no idea of his past. Alex Mercer, codenamed Zeus, considers it his goal to recover his past and find out about the virus that’s slowly eating New York. He also makes a point of destroying those responsible for his creation. Most of Mercer’s abilities come from the virus in his body that grant him advanced shape-shifting. Mercer is capable of manipulating his body in order to form razor claws, a deadly noodley appendage, and shields. He can glide short distances by shooting blood from his wrists and ankles, perform devastating super attacks, and even form a full suit of virus covered armor to protect him. But Mercer’s greatest ability may be his ability to consume all living things, allowing him to take on their appearance, health, knowledge, and abilities, thus making him a master infiltrator. Mercer’s murderous wrath cannot be satisfied.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_mercer

Professor X   

Professor X: Marvel Comics: The leader of the X-Men, Professor X has the power to match the title. Professor X seeks to unite humans and mutants together in a peaceful manner in order to ensure the coexistence of both, however, that doesn’t mean he won’t use manipulation as a means to an end if he can’t avoid it. Professor X’s powers deal with the manipulation of human minds, allowing him to read and control the minds of others, utilize powerful mental bolts, casting illusions, and creating astral projections. This wheelchair bound mutant can kick some serious ass. Metaphorically speaking of course…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_X

Round 1:
1. T-1000 vs. Megatron: 3-5
2. Perseus vs. Kratos: 6-3
3. Jon Irenicus vs. Urdnot Wrex 5-3
4. Cole McGrath vs. Ghost Rider 2-8
5. Killface vs. Mad Pierrot 2-8
6. Alex Mercer vs. Professor X
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #1 on: 30 November, 2009, 01:07:17 pm »

The doorbell rang.

With a force that would have caused the planet itself to flinch could it be seen, Killface glared at the door from his armchair. His show had just come on for God’s sake.

Rising from his pleather throne, Killface grabbed his gun and marched towards the door, certain that whoever stood on the other side of that frame was about to have enough lead pumped into them to form a singularity.

Killface pulled the door open, surprised to see a ridiculously rotund man standing on his doorstep, his wide grin threatening to split his face in two. The man quickly extended a package towards Killface along with a clipboard.

“A package? For me? Well then that’s an entirely different matter now isn’t it?” Killface asked himself as he took the ribboned parcel and tucked it carefully under his arm, signing the clipboard as one of his fake aliases, going with Robin Banks. The **** alien then held his package before him, the sender reading as “Mad Pierrot, with love!”

“Well that’s odd, I’m almost certain I don’t know anyone by that name,” Killface muttered as he opened the package, revealing several sticks of dynamite attached to a small ticking clock. The delivery man gave a dramatic bow before snapping back to attention and floating straight upwards.

“What the fu-“ Killface began, but luckily for the younger members of our audience, his expletive was cut short by the tremendous explosion that devoured Killface’s house, sending the **** alien rocketing skywards in a ball of flames before descending back to Earth and slapping into the pavement at roughly the speed of pain.

Killface rose to his knees as the comically fat assassin floated back to the ground in front of him, gripping his cane with both hands as he bellowed, “Greetings sir! I am Mad Pierrot Le Fou!”

“You’re about to be bloody pulp is what you are!” Killface stated matter of factly, as the smoke from the flames still rose from his body. Killface raised his oversized pistol at the Mad Assassin and opened fire, sending the massive slugs directly into the unflinching Pierrot, who stood, smiling gleefully as the bullets came within inches of his face before stopping in mid-air and falling to the ground. Pierrot’s perfect teeth grinded together in excitement as he drew open his coat, revealing his cache of more weaponry than most second and third world countries combined before selecting a grenade launcher and aiming it at his alien opponent.

“Well when you put it like that, maybe we should talk this out after all. Perhaps over a cup of tea?” Killface negotiated. The plea entered the void between Mad Pierrot ears for a fraction of a second before being rejected in favor of wanton destruction as the assassin pulled the trigger, lobbing a grenade between Killface’s feet, resulting in an explosion that launched Killface skywards in a ball of flames for a second time on what was proving to be a very disagreeable evening.

Killface scanned the ground for his opponent, hoping to at least land on him when he was struck from above by a flying roundhouse kick, delivered by Pierrot after floating above the alien. The force from the kick sent Killface hurtling towards grounds, which, having not been taken to a movie first, was most displeased when Killface painfully entered her.

Pierrot landed gracefully on top of Killface’s back amidst what appeared to be a decent start to an expedition to China. Pierrot reached into his coat and pulled out a long string of grenades, removing the pin from one of them before placing the string on top of Killface’s now unconscious body.

“Goodbye Mr. Gentleman!” Pierrot gleefully waved as he floated out and away from the hole Killface’s body had dug for itself, the resulting explosion going ahead and leveling a city block while it was at it.

“Today is good day!” Pierrot cheerfully chirped as he floated off into the sunset.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #2 on: 30 November, 2009, 01:52:33 pm »

That fight was awesome.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #3 on: 30 November, 2009, 02:51:52 pm »

That fight was awesome.

I tried my best for these two awesomely comical villains. Plus I've had that for about a week now.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #4 on: 30 November, 2009, 02:55:46 pm »

You rarely disappoint me Gaffit.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac234678
« Reply #5 on: 30 November, 2009, 04:18:55 pm »

Uh... PROTOTYPE SPOILERS I don't really know, but since Alex Mercer is not human and barely sentient, would Professor X's more dangerous skills even work on him?
Report Spam   Logged
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #6 on: 30 November, 2009, 04:26:28 pm »

Uh... PROTOTYPE SPOILERS I don't really know, but since Alex Mercer is not human and barely sentient, would Professor X's more dangerous skills even work on him?

He's fully sentient, in fact he's probably more sentient than most people, I'm just wondering if there's even a brain in there. On the other spectrum, he might suffer from Blackheart Syndrome, and have so many people inside him, that Professor X's telepathy is far more powerful than normal.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #7 on: 30 November, 2009, 04:38:04 pm »

He's fully sentient, in fact he's probably more sentient than most people, I'm just wondering if there's even a brain in there. On the other spectrum, he might suffer from Blackheart Syndrome, and have so many people inside him, that Professor X's telepathy is far more powerful than normal.

I was kind of also aiming for what kind of brain he would have and if he did, how X would affect him. Though I'm certainly not a biology major, though sentience might mean there is some form of substitute or that Alex might get the mental benefit of consuming so many people. Mind you, I have not played Prototype, and am relying on what I've learned through player comments, so I'm not entirely informed on this.

Regardless, it would seem that X could still damage him either way, but if Alex does have the proper traits, X's most functional skills would not work and Alex could just eviscerate him. Though if Alex's trump card doesn't exist, X has the battle. Decisions, decisions... well, without any method of really knowing, I'm going to lean towards X, since it seems that Alex has more evidence against his trump card existing than in support. I won't vote yet, in case someone wants to correct me.

Also, it kind of sucks that Alex's potential trump card is a spoiler, doesn't it?
Report Spam   Logged
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #8 on: 30 November, 2009, 04:45:43 pm »

What I got out of the ending was that Alex Mercer is nothing more than the Virus itself, but when he consumes someone, he gets everything, from their appearance to their memory to their body mass, which is where his shapeshifting comes from. This is gonna be a fight that relies entirely on technicallity. It's been shown that Xavier has a very hard time manipulating alien's minds, but Alex is made up of human parts, and most likely stores his memories in them.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #9 on: 30 November, 2009, 04:50:21 pm »

What I got out of the ending was that Alex Mercer is nothing more than the Virus itself, but when he consumes someone, he gets everything, from their appearance to their memory to their body mass, which is where his shapeshifting comes from. This is gonna be a fight that relies entirely on technicallity. It's been shown that Xavier has a very hard time manipulating alien's minds, but Alex is made up of human parts, and most likely stores his memories in them.

Is his sentience also developed through consuming others? If so, I'm going to guess that he's reliant on the human parts that he consumes to enough of a degree for X to manipulate him.
Report Spam   Logged
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #10 on: 30 November, 2009, 04:55:30 pm »

Is his sentience also developed through consuming others? If so, I'm going to guess that he's reliant on the human parts that he consumes to enough of a degree for X to manipulate him.

Considering at the time he woke up he couldn't remember anything until he ate one of the guards following him, I'm a guessing yes.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #11 on: 30 November, 2009, 04:56:09 pm »

Xavier it is.
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #12 on: 01 December, 2009, 03:18:07 pm »

I went with Xavier, because I'm an X-Men fanboy and I want to **** off Masterduck.
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #13 on: 01 December, 2009, 04:06:38 pm »

I still want to see Alex say "The greatest mind the world has ever known has one weakness. Stairs." and push Xavier down some steps.
Report Spam   Logged

Masterman
« Reply #14 on: 01 December, 2009, 04:12:24 pm »

C'mon Alex...pull through with the victory...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: