Ultimate Paradise
20 April, 2024, 11:25:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

K3V Rates and Reviews the 33 Dethklok songs! With a description included for all

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K3V Rates and Reviews the 33 Dethklok songs! With a description included for all  (Read 855 times)
k3v
just k3v
Holy Ruler

Mood: Relaxed

K3V

« on: 07 December, 2009, 06:41:35 pm »

Just some quick tips.

~I have included the bonus songs from the first CD
~I will not include two tracks. The Pickles intro (33 seconds) and the Dethklok tunes up track.
~For every song I post, I will give you the album it's on, the episode it is on, a link to the song to listen to, and a description
~I will not be posting all songs at once. I will post 1 or 2 a day, maybe even more depending on how successful this becomes.

Metalocalypse has been a huge hit on Adult Swim airing first on August of 2006. Three years later, the show's band, Dethklok has released two full length albums, with a third to come once the third season ends.

As you all know, the "Fake" band Dethklok is one of my all time favorites, so I shall be rating all songs made by them.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. I know some descriptions will seem repetitive, but that is because it's my first real rate and review. So please, Enjoy.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

k3v
just k3v
Holy Ruler

K3V

« Reply #1 on: 07 December, 2009, 06:42:09 pm »

33. Song: Detheme
      Album: Dethalbum I
      Episode: N/A. Theme song for every episode

Now, starting of the list is the widely known “Detheme” AKA, the theme song for Metalocalypse. Now I don’t put this song at the end because it is the worst song, but just because it’s not really something I would listen to constantly as it’s a theme song. The song does have it’s moments though, especially the downscaling notes after Skwisgaar’s name, and the upscaling section after Toki’s name. And I mean come on… who doesn’t like going “doodily doo, Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo…”
Report Spam   Logged
k3v
just k3v
Holy Ruler

K3V

« Reply #2 on: 07 December, 2009, 07:03:42 pm »

32.  Song: Briefcase Full of Guts
      Episode: Murdering Outside The Box

I’ll probably get a lot of rage towards this since it’s so low in the list, but I’ll just be straight honest: I find it boring. I find the guitar riffs to be below par for a Dethklok song. Now, it’s not to say I totally dislike this song. It’s just not something I will listen to over and over again because I want to. The solo half way makes up for the song, but not totally. If I had to pick a favorite part, it would be when Nathan (Smalls) says “I have a degree” while the drums and guitar help support him. Finally, it just feels like a short song. Now I know there are songs as short as this, but since it’s an average song, it just feels as though the song goes by too quickly.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #3 on: 07 December, 2009, 07:15:27 pm »

Off to a good start. I agree with what you've said so far. The solo in that song really doesn't even help it that much. It's just nothing special.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
k3v
just k3v
Holy Ruler

K3V

« Reply #4 on: 07 December, 2009, 07:17:17 pm »

Off to a good start. I agree with what you've said so far. The solo in that song really doesn't even help it that much. It's just nothing special.

Apparently it's a loved song though. Just don't know why.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: 07 December, 2009, 07:18:16 pm »

Really?
That's surprising to me
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #6 on: 07 December, 2009, 08:20:46 pm »

Moar
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
k3v
just k3v
Holy Ruler

K3V

« Reply #7 on: 07 December, 2009, 09:17:30 pm »

31.  Song: Bloodtrocuted
      Episode: Song title only mentioned once in Dethfam. Not played though.

I’ll probably get some hate comments again for placing this song so high up in my list. Now, I do like this song, it’s just that it seems weaker to other songs by the band. A big highlight of the song though is when Nathan begins saying “Wait now, what did they say, about the human body and proportions of things,” as I feel the guitar strongly fits in well. A part that many probably like that I find a bit bland is when they start chanting “BLOODTROCUTED” over and over. What I admire about the song though, is the solo. I love the beginning of the solo and when toki’s guitar comes in soon after, but right when it gets great, the solo is over and it goes back to the riff. Overall, the song is well done, but just not good enough to be closer to #1.
Report Spam   Logged
k3v
just k3v
Holy Ruler

K3V

« Reply #8 on: 08 December, 2009, 02:15:32 pm »

30.  Song: Better Metal Snake
      Episode: N/A. Original song made after season 1

This song is considered part of the Adventure Trifecta, consisting of Better Metal Snake, The Lost Vikings, and the popular Thunderhorse. Now, the song is placed at 30 because although it may have that epic feel to it, it’s just not that “epic” enough. The beginning even annoys me >_> What I do enjoy about the song though, is when the chant of “Better Metal Snake” appears, as it’s not only Nathan saying it.

“Now go seek devour
Inject your poison
And take their lives away”

I do like this section of the song right here. It just reminds of a beast that is about to go on a furious rampage. And the way that there are pauses between each word during the song makes it that much more interesting. Yet, song one of the Trifecta just doesn’t par up well enough to its brothers. And the name reminds me of MGS too much >_>
Report Spam   Logged
k3v
just k3v
Holy Ruler

K3V

« Reply #9 on: 08 December, 2009, 03:33:55 pm »

28. Song: Go Forth and Die
      Episode: Go Forth and Die

I would consider this song one of Dethklok’s slower songs. The tempo is a step down from their regular songs. What I really like about the song is this”

“Drown in student loans
Better off just dying”

I just find it humorous for some reason. Maybe it’s because many people are in loans, and they just whine about it, so I mean maybe Nathan does have a good point >_>. I believe the solo in this song is weaker than the others that Dethklok has to offer, not to say it’s still a decent one. It’s just that they’ve done so many better ones. Overall, this song just sounds dark and grim, which is their specialty.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: 08 December, 2009, 04:35:35 pm »

This is going well.

"Open up your textbooks and turn to the chapter concerning your deth."

I snickered at this.
Report Spam   Logged

k3v
just k3v
Holy Ruler

K3V

« Reply #11 on: 08 December, 2009, 04:53:35 pm »

This is going well.

"Open up your textbooks and turn to the chapter concerning your deth."

I snickered at this.

Love that part haha. The episode is great too. Nathan trying to get his G.E.D
Report Spam   Logged
k3v
just k3v
Holy Ruler

K3V

« Reply #12 on: 08 December, 2009, 05:04:15 pm »

WOW I missed #29 sorry

29.  Song: Dethsupport
      Album: Dethalbum II
      Episode: The Revengencers

Dethsupport is a song different from other Dethklok songs, as it uses a different time. 13/4 I believe. It may take time to get used to this, as fans are not familiar with this time. I believe the first half is a little weak and repetitive, yet when the solo hits I think there is a totally different feel. When the diseases begin to be yelled out by Nathan, I seems like there is a whole new direction to the song even though it’s really the same as the beginning, yet the solo just makes it feel different. The second solo then comes up with the classes ending lyric “I’ll **** pull the plug”
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #13 on: 08 December, 2009, 05:55:34 pm »

I was going to be skeptical if you didn't get to that one soon.
Report Spam   Logged

k3v
just k3v
Holy Ruler

K3V

« Reply #14 on: 08 December, 2009, 05:57:36 pm »

Well good think I posted it then haha.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: