Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 05:51:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Oh, hey, new Digimon season.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh, hey, new Digimon season.  (Read 2259 times)
Ahriman
« on: 07 December, 2009, 08:46:51 pm »

Apparently called Digimon Around, airing next year.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: GameFreak_Jake
Mood: ...

« Reply #1 on: 07 December, 2009, 08:52:40 pm »

*is interested*

I thought they'd stop after Savers/Data Squad. Cause it was kinda... bad.
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #2 on: 07 December, 2009, 08:55:17 pm »

Savers looks awesome from the little I've seen. And by the little I've seen I mean this-

Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: 07 December, 2009, 08:59:47 pm »

I saw the dub so that might have been a big part. But, 1/2 of the main characters are horrible, 1/4 are mediocre, and 1/4 are actually good.
Report Spam   Logged

k3v
just k3v
Holy Ruler

Mood: Relaxed

K3V

« Reply #4 on: 07 December, 2009, 09:13:58 pm »

I've always liked Digimon.. except for the past two. I saw tidbits of both and there were.. eh.

I've always thought the Digimon cartoon was tons better than the pokemon one.
Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: 07 December, 2009, 09:15:07 pm »

I didn't even see the 4th one, cause it became power rangers from the looks of it. >_>
Report Spam   Logged

k3v
just k3v
Holy Ruler

Mood: Relaxed

K3V

« Reply #6 on: 07 December, 2009, 09:21:03 pm »

Savers looks awesome from the little I've seen. And by the little I've seen I mean this-

Ok I do admit that was awesome. I also watched the english dub one as well. Both were sick.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #7 on: 08 December, 2009, 12:15:52 am »

I'd thought that they'd finally stopped. Huh.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #8 on: 08 December, 2009, 12:22:23 am »

I saw the dub so that might have been a big part. But, 1/2 of the main characters are horrible, 1/4 are mediocre, and 1/4 are actually good.

How long did you watch? Not only have I heard the contrary from basically everyone (Savers is almost always compared to Adventure and Tamers, the two most popular seasons before it), I've also heard that it gets a lot better.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #9 on: 08 December, 2009, 12:29:56 am »

I wouldn't know about Savers. But I do know that Frontier was the absolute worst point of the show. I really didn't mind the transforming into Digimon part, or the part where they were basically a Sentai team and everything, but two things really broke that show for me. The first was the part where the Fire guy and the Light guy basically took over the show, reducing the rest of their team to giving them a powerup when they transfomed. Then it was the Royal Knights, which consisted of several episodes of the heroes showing up somewhere, the enemies showing up, them fighting and the heroes getting their asses kicked hard. But mostly, it was the part where they sidelined the rest of the team. Not cool.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #10 on: 08 December, 2009, 12:37:33 am »

Well, that does inevitably happen every season except for 02, and even that might count depending on what you think.

- Half of the cast in 01 drop in characterization steadily when the Dark Masters arc begins.
- 02 balances all of its main characters and gives them plenty of action, but almost all of the 01 cast are reduced to the guys who jump in and spontaneously get owned by someone they could have trashed during 01. Then again, that doesn't mean much,  since they clearly weren't intended to be main characters.
- While several characters in Tamers are actually saved from being nameless nobodies, said characters are retardedly useless and are just there, culminating with Alice who could have easily not existed without much harm.
- And you already mentioned 04.

Never did watch Savers, but it's probably the same way.
Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #11 on: 08 December, 2009, 01:38:35 am »

How long did you watch? Not only have I heard the contrary from basically everyone (Savers is almost always compared to Adventure and Tamers, the two most popular seasons before it), I've also heard that it gets a lot better.

All of it. >_>
It does get better near the end. Overall the characters get better, but a couple start slipping because they're thrown in the background. My main complain is the characters, so if you end up liking them, then you should like the show.

I might as well explain a tad more (minor spoilers that are obvious anyway). Marcus is the second worst, cause he's a pain in the ass. I WANNA BE THE BEST FIGHTER, TO DO SO MEANS RUNNING INTO FIGHTS AND JUST PUNCH MY OPPONENT. That's pretty much it for him for a good chunk of the show. His gimmick for digivolving Agumon also gets very stale late in the show. Yoshino is... worthless. She's there as the obligatory female and that's it. Her personality is stereotypical and just... bad. Thomas is the best, in my opinion. He's a tad annoying at first but he develops nicely for a bit... (until they toss him aside near the end). Keenan is bland, even with his annoying caveman voice.

Digimon wise: I didn't like the new Agumon, but he was tolerable. His digivolutions are good, but not as good as the originals. Lalamon is about as useful as she looks, and her evolutions are just as bad until you get to mega. Gaomon might as well hide behind Thomas, he plays no individual part really. His digivolutions are alright, but I never did like the boxing glove look... Falcomon is annoying, but he gets a couple good digivolutions (offset by one horrible one).

Most of the minor characters are actually pretty damn good. Which shows how not good most of the main cast is.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #12 on: 08 December, 2009, 10:20:58 am »

I was a big fan of the original series; I used to love that show. I hung around for parts of the second one and maybe a bit of the third, but I quickly lost interest after that and never looked back.

That minus the parts of the third one. I stopped in the second one and never looked back.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #13 on: 08 December, 2009, 10:42:07 am »

The first three were actually really damn good, though. At least, they were better than Pokemon...
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #14 on: 08 December, 2009, 02:08:41 pm »

Tamers was the best if only because Bridget Hoffman's voice as the D-Reaper in the dub is easily the second sexiest voice ever. And because the D-Reaper was an awesome villain in general.

Oh yeah, and Beelzebumon, can't forget him. Not as smexy as the D-Reaper, though.
« Last Edit: 08 December, 2009, 02:11:22 pm by Rider » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: