Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 05:01:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Oh, hey, new Digimon season.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh, hey, new Digimon season.  (Read 2501 times)
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #15 on: 09 December, 2009, 06:16:31 pm »

I was a big fan of the original series; I used to love that show. I hung around for parts of the second one and maybe a bit of the third, but I quickly lost interest after that and never looked back.
Report Spam   Logged

k3v
just k3v
Holy Ruler

Mood: Relaxed

K3V

« Reply #16 on: 09 December, 2009, 07:35:34 pm »

The whole thing about Humans turning into Digimon was eh >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #17 on: 10 December, 2009, 01:44:18 pm »

Say what you like about Savers, but it had a really good villain.

I liked all the seasons, really. I found Frontier to be a nice change from the normal formula. Also, Dark Masters and Myotismon aside, I think Adventure 01 is a bit overrated. I prefer Tamers and Adventure 02.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing a Tamers 02 or Frontier 02 at some point.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
k3v
just k3v
Holy Ruler

Mood: Relaxed

K3V

« Reply #18 on: 10 December, 2009, 05:33:27 pm »

I wouldn't mind a movie with all the old characters as adults as how they were shown in the season finale episodes..
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #19 on: 11 December, 2009, 02:20:36 pm »

Eh, like everyone tends to say, Frontier became very repetitive in execution at several intervals. It's not bad actually, though it's still my least favorite season of them all. 01 was unbalanced in characterization at certain intervals, though supplemented any dearths with cool scenarios and villains, even if some of them die quite undignified deaths. Dunno what to say about 02 in depth, though I can drone on and on about the progress. I really didn't like it at first, started growing on me until the period when BlackWarGreymon began rampaging, and once he stopped, it began to rise in quality again until the very disappointing ending.

And I've certainly raved on about how much I love Tamers enough.
Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: GameFreak_Jake
Mood: ...

« Reply #20 on: 11 December, 2009, 03:18:45 pm »

Actually, you ether mean 2 or *insert release year*...

Eh, like everyone tends to say, Frontier became very repetitive in execution at several intervals. It's not bad actually, though it's still my least favorite season of them all. 01 was unbalanced in characterization at certain intervals, though supplemented any dearths with cool scenarios and villains, even if some of them die quite undignified deaths. Dunno what to say about 02 in depth, though I can drone on and on about the progress. I really didn't like it at first, started growing on me until the period when BlackWarGreymon began rampaging, and once he stopped, it began to rise in quality again until the very disappointing ending.

And I've certainly raved on about how much I love Tamers enough.

Adventure had the most interesting characters, both human, their partner digimon, and villains. 02 had an interesting concept with the Digiegg things, but I found the main characters to be a disappointment and the DNA digivolving was a huge let down. Also, ending was poor. Tamers had probably the best plot and deeper characters, but only having three main digimon was a let down (especially since I only liked half of them), and I thought there was too much damn crying.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #21 on: 11 December, 2009, 04:16:36 pm »

Adventure had the most interesting characters, both human, their partner digimon, and villains.

Gotta call you out there for obvious reasons. If any season had the most notable villains, it's Tamers.
Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #22 on: 11 December, 2009, 04:43:18 pm »

Adventure had the most interesting characters, both human, their partner digimon, and villains.

Gotta call you out there for obvious reasons. If any season had the most notable villains, it's Tamers.

I need to look up the villains of Tamers to refresh my memory.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #23 on: 11 December, 2009, 05:07:17 pm »

I can't really remember any bad villains in Digimon. Though I'd say that the ones in Frontier were probably the least interesting.

Kurata from Savers especially stands out for me as he's the only genuine human villain that's evil of his own accord. And he really is truly detestable...

Actually, you ether mean 2 or *insert release year*...

Whatever. I didn't know "02" referred to 2002.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #24 on: 11 December, 2009, 05:13:34 pm »

I looked up the major villains from Tamers, I still say Adventure had the best.

Kurata from Savers especially stands out for me as he's the only genuine human villain that's evil of his own accord. And he really is truly detestable...

Oh god Kurata. He did his job of detestable villain, although when he transfered himself into belphemon I thought he became meh.

Whatever. I didn't know "02" referred to 2002.

It's just nit picking on my part, so sorry.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #25 on: 11 December, 2009, 05:29:13 pm »

I looked up the major villains from Tamers, I still say Adventure had the best.

Beelzemon was the only really standout villain for me. The D-Reaper was kind of interesting, but it didn't have much of a character. Adventure on the other hand had Myotismon and the Dark Masters, particularly Puppetmon and Piedmon.

Oikawa also stands out, even if it's only because he's the only villain you're actually meant to feel sorry for.

Oh god Kurata. He did his job of detestable villain, although when he transfered himself into belphemon I thought he became meh.

Did he actually carry on for much longer after that? I can't remember... I'm pretty sure it was in his final moments.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #26 on: 11 December, 2009, 05:47:34 pm »

Yeah, he didn't last long after that. But he was very mediocre during that short time.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #27 on: 12 December, 2009, 05:19:21 am »

All of the 01 villains were involved in amazing scenarios, though often they alone either weren't very interesting or died far too soon and far too easily. Myotismon and the Dark Masters arcs were nothing short of awesome, though the main villains themselves were by no means the largest portion of that.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #28 on: 12 December, 2009, 10:27:15 am »

I wouldn't really call the scenarios "amazing"... The trouble is, none of the more intersting ones, apart from Myotismon, were given enough time to shine. Puppetmon took the longest and even he only had about five episodes.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #29 on: 12 December, 2009, 03:49:16 pm »

Adventure's villains were just awesome, scenarios or not.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: