Ultimate Paradise
19 March, 2024, 03:15:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Good Neighbor MM

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Neighbor MM  (Read 14164 times)
Masterman
« on: 14 December, 2009, 08:14:59 pm »

This is Tekken 6, God of War III, AND SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV.

I went on ahead and reset my file, just to be able to record progress anew. I didn't get far though, so nothing wasted there.

Here, I will rate characters, Discuss tactics, record progress in Ghost Battle for each individual character, update the rosters with new ratings over time, customizations and just talk things Tekken. I'll basically summarize each character's strengths and weaknesses. I may not do EVERY character, but I'll do most. This gives me something to do and something over this week and the next before Christmas rears its ugly head. lol

Without further ado, let's get this **** started.

I begin with Miguel Caballero Rojo.

Character:

Miguel Caballero Rojo

“My name is Miguel Caballero Rojo. You killed my sister. Prepare to die.”

Despising the thought of having his life in the hands of others, Miguel sought to live it on his own. Even after being raised by strict parents, Miguel's blood thirsty personality found him starting fights with people around him and caused him to be seen as a rebel. Countless arguments with his parents forced him to leave home at the age of 15, and soon he found sanctuary at a bar he visited often. Miguel trusted no one except his kind-hearted sister, whom he cared about more than anyone. She visited him secretly without their parents knowing about it. Some time later, Miguel’s sister told him that she was to be married. Miguel, being outraged by this, thought of killing her fiance. On the day of the wedding, Miguel watched the ceremony from outside of the church, not wanting to be seen by his parents. Under the clear blue sky, almost as if it was a blessing, a line of planes passed by the wedding. Just a moment later, a burning inferno covered the scene. Miguel was blown away, and although he was in great pain and almost collapsed, he tried desperately to look for his sister inside the remains of the church. Later on, Miguel found her already dead, her wedding dress soaked in blood. Miguel’s screams echoed throughout the ruins. Some time after, Miguel discovered that the air raid was ordered by the Mishima Zaibatsu, and with hatred he vowed to get revenge on the Zaibatsu’s leader, Jin Kazama.

*before fighting Jin Kazama*
Miguel: This hatred I bear is for YOU, and YOU ALONE!!

The Fix
Miguel is a brawler. This guy is packed with RAW power and devastating combos. He's just mean. Haymakers, headbutts, body checks, you name it. Miguel is pretty straightforward, not requiring much of a strategy other than beating the brakes off of your opponent. His combos can be devastating, especially when raged. He also boasts the most badass unblockable punch ever dubbed "The Pimp Falcon Punch". He walks forward laughing at his foe with his hand at his mouth, then about 3 seconds later glows red and delivers the most painful looking slug I have ever seen. Pretty much instant KO if it connects, but if you get hit by it, you deserve to die. It takes way too long and is pretty much useless. There's not even a way to cancel out of it, so you're pretty vulnerable to a low attack which could end up spelling your doom to the likes of Hwoarang, Lei, Raven, and others. Miguel has a stance called "Savage Stance" which I find a bit on the lacking side. There's not much you can connect with it, but it can be great for some midbattle trickery. If you can combo into the stance, and pull off that one hook of his after a nice bound, then you've got yourself a nice health-shaver. Practice makes perfect. My god, he is powerful. Not to mention his attire just reeks pimp. Another thing, Miguel is SLOW. Going up against a good Asuka, Lili, Steve, or Bob and you're in for a bit of trouble. Just learn to strike when you know you can get a good combo in and PUNISH mistakes. PUNISH. Overall, Miguel is a straightforward fighter. His stance is UGLY, but overall he's my favorite character at the moment. He has some pretty badass win taunts and I love his attitude. He comes into fights with no particular "style". He just brawls and he knows he'll win. He's pretty easy to master, but NOT for buttonmashers.

Customization
Right now all I could afford was some aviators to add to his P1 costume. I might get some pics up if I can.

Coolest Stage to Fight on
Lightning Storm

Pros
+Powerful
+Excellent combo/bound juggles
+Badass
+Incredible sweeps
+Has a good tackle to catch players off-guard
+Attire rocks
+Comeback Champion when Rage'd
+Great Punisher
+Straightforward Moveset

Cons
-Slow
-Lame throws
-Useless Unblockable
-Savage Stance could be better
-Stance is UGLY
-Stiff, not very fluid

Masterman Rating
8/10

Styles Rating
9/10

Ending

« Last Edit: 07 July, 2010, 08:57:00 pm by Captain Harlock » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Masterman
« Reply #1 on: 14 December, 2009, 08:29:23 pm »

Characters:
Miguel: Marauder
Steve Fox: Berserker (214-41)
Alisa: Mentor
Armor King: Master
Lee Chaolan: 2nd Dan
Bob: 1st Kyu
Bruce: 4th Kyu
Anna: 7th Kyu
King: Mentor
Raven: Brawler
Marshall: Mentor
Asuka: 1st Kyu
Craig: 8th Kyu
Zafina: 1st Dan
Kazuya: 2nd Dan
Lars: Marauder
Jin: 7th Kyu
Eddy: 4th Kyu
Yoshimitsu: 4th Dan
Lei: 5th Kyu
Hwoarang: Brawler
Bryan: 8th Kyu
Heihachi: 1st Dan
Roger Jr.: 1st Dan
Feng Wei: 9th Kyu
Christie: 5th Kyu
Lili: 3rd Dan
Paul: 3rd Kyu
Devil Jin: 2nd Kyu
Nina: 1st Dan

Ratings:
Miguel: 8/10
Steve: 10/10
Law: 7.5/10

*will update frequently
« Last Edit: 30 December, 2009, 11:32:49 pm by masterman97 » Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #2 on: 14 December, 2009, 08:33:28 pm »

wat

Best give my boys a good ratin'.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Masterman
« Reply #3 on: 14 December, 2009, 09:46:36 pm »

Kyu = Rank

Lower the Kyu, higher your rank. You get promoted after a certain number of battles, and also how well you perform.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #4 on: 14 December, 2009, 09:56:48 pm »

Best give my boys a good ratin'.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Masterman
« Reply #5 on: 14 December, 2009, 10:04:15 pm »

Holy **** how did that happen?
Dammit...I hate it when I try to copy a YT link and it somehow copies something else...I'll sort this out tomorrow.

Oh...that looks ugly...

Sorry, but Paul is annoying. Holy ****. I thought getting hit by his damn "HALF-YOUR HEALTH FIST SMASH INTO RUNNING SHOULDER" was bad. NOTHING, compared to T6 Paul. Everytime he appears in Ghost Battle I drop all of my plans just to beat the phoenix out of him. This guy will NOT rise from the dead. King on the other hand...*standing ovation*
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #6 on: 15 December, 2009, 11:18:24 am »

*bites lip*

Can't wait.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Masterman
« Reply #7 on: 15 December, 2009, 07:19:26 pm »

So yeah, I HATE PAUL. I hate Lili too. They both go bat**** crazy on bounds combos.

Anyways, I have NEVER tried Zafina. I tried her today, and she is definitely the Voldo of Tekken. My god she's weird, but also very powerful if used correctly. Her combos are really awkward and require intense practice, something I'm not willing to go through to master her. I'll have her rating up tomorrow. I doubt I'll be able to rate tonight, but tomorrow for sure. She's kind of...well...somewhat...uhh...

Nevermind.

As you can see, Steve jumped ahead of Miguel in the Rank Race. Miguel has been letting me down lately, suffering a brutal defeat to a highly skilled Lei Wulong. Also getting his ass handed to him by Hwoarang and Lili. Jin also got the **** clotheslined out of him by a rage'd King, resulting in a very shocking loss.

Lars has been working really hard. No losses. For that, he gets his Aviators of Honor. He deserves them.

Character of the Day:

Steve Fox

Steve has been putting the hurt on everybody lately, no mercy not even on the kangaroo. He punched his way through 16 battles with no losses.

YOU LET ME DOWN:

Jin Kazama

Jin. Get back on the bench. I try my hardest to catch you up with everyone and yet you let me down. You got manhandled. A lousy 3 wins with 4 losses. FOUR, Jin!? What have you been doing at practice? Steve has been paying attention but YOU, you don't know what the hell is going on. When you see King glowing orange, MOVE OUT OF THE WAY. Don't move backwards and allow yourself to be utterly humiliated in front of EVERYONE, THEN forcing Armor King to come in to clean up for you. You got the hell clotheslined out of you and you deserved it. You're not coming back out until I get my roster situated. Kazuya has been doing fine, but YOU...YOU!!! GOD DAMMIT JIN. YOU'LL NEVER GET YOUR AVIATORS WITH THAT ATTITUDE. I expect nothing but utter perfection come tomorrow. Or I'll give you so much extra practice that you'll be afraid when the Character Selection Screen comes up. Don't worry, you're not alone, Marshall Law is in the same boat as you Jin. You two better straighten up.
« Last Edit: 15 December, 2009, 07:23:34 pm by Gilgamesh » Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #8 on: 15 December, 2009, 07:26:39 pm »

This is wildly entertaining.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #9 on: 16 December, 2009, 02:21:43 pm »

The ****'s Ghost Battle, anyways?
Report Spam   Logged

Masterman
« Reply #10 on: 16 December, 2009, 05:41:49 pm »

Basically you fight CPU ghost opponents of varying skill based on your performance/rank.

Many are "ghosts" of online players. After each battle you get three ghost opponents to choose from. The top one is the hardest, but yields the most money and allow you to rank up faster. Tekken Roulette occurs much more frequently if you fight them as well. The bottom one is the easiest, but yields much less money. The middle is just...well...the middle.

Main difference between ghost battles and arcade is that ghost battles go on forever.

Often the CPU like to make a mockery out of your favorite characters/most hated characters with ugly customizations, and you have no choice but to beat the **** out of them for it. Especially Panda. My god, Panda.
Report Spam   Logged
Masterman
« Reply #11 on: 16 December, 2009, 05:43:47 pm »

They also have their own usernames which I've always thought was pretty cool. Especially when you fight a character and their name instantly reminds you of your last bout, "Oh that's the guy with that ugly Feng Wei".
Report Spam   Logged
Masterman
« Reply #12 on: 16 December, 2009, 07:38:59 pm »

Had a slow day today. Miguel, Steve, Armor, and King have all reached 1st Dan. Lars not too far behind. Had a pretty good day. Jin won his three battles, but didn't touch the field afterwards. Marshall made a HUGE jump, that guy fought his heart out. I figured he'd do well, two matches in a row with perfects for both rounds, adding up to a total of four perfects back-to-back on Raven (Mentor) and a Yoshimitsu (Thunder God)

Character of the Day:

Marshall Law

Marshall really stepped up his game from yesterday. I went on ahead and gave him some shades and decked him out in all blue. I was impressed by how well he played today, he took down some opponents I probably couldn't beat with Steve. Marshall stepped up a lot and therefore he takes CotD in a heartbeat. He has quite possibly one of the nastiest bound-combos I have ever seen, ending with a backhand that has him shaking his fist after the blow to signal just how hard he knocked the **** out of his opponent. On top of that, he has the "Milky Way Dragon Kick", capable of incredible mindgames. The kick is so nasty when it connects, players may rage-quit if they get KO'd by it. It's just sickening. Law unleashed the beast today.

YOU LET ME DOWN:

Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu had a bad day. He got pummeled today. Six losses and only three wins resulting in a very unhappy Masterman. In the old days, people would just go crazy when Yoshi pulled off his signature punch > punch> backhand > Back throw. Everyone would just go crazy at the amount of damage it did. Hell, people would hardly ever play as the other characters because of it. Now, you're lucky if you can pull off a single kick on an opponent. Sure, his stances require patience and skill to master and he's a very powerful character, but his combos are very difficult to use effectively. He's very unpredictable, yes, but when you knock someone in the air only for him to turn around backwards and masturbate, it gets pretty frustrating. His combos are DIFFICULT. Bounds are hard to punish, and when the tables turn on HIM it's hard to recover and rebound. I love his shoulder-slide move, but his triple elbow needs work, and his fist cyclone is pretty much utterly useless. Worst of all, when going up against a skilled Bob/Lee, just throw in the towel. Yoshi WILL lose. More practice and he may get better, but right now Yoshi...you got thrashed pretty good. Go take a seat.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #13 on: 16 December, 2009, 08:00:54 pm »

I'm still confused. Are you playing as these characters, or are they all CPU?
Report Spam   Logged

Masterman
« Reply #14 on: 16 December, 2009, 08:45:44 pm »

I'm playing as them. I'm making it seem like if an individual character loses it's their fault and not mine. lol

I'm going to put a rank/username beside the name of a character to show if they're CPU/online fighters from now on.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: