Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 08:35:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Good Neighbor MM

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Neighbor MM  (Read 14255 times)
Masterman
« Reply #135 on: 10 January, 2010, 05:56:20 pm »

AAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
Report Spam   Logged
Masterman
« Reply #136 on: 11 January, 2010, 09:52:40 pm »

...NAMMMMMMMCCCCCOOOOOOOOO.

We need a nerf patch.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #137 on: 11 January, 2010, 09:54:02 pm »

...NAMMMMMMMCCCCCOOOOOOOOO.

We need a nerf patch.
For whom?
Report Spam   Logged

Masterman
« Reply #138 on: 11 January, 2010, 10:03:20 pm »

Armor King. My god, Armor King.
Report Spam   Logged
Masterman
« Reply #139 on: 17 January, 2010, 09:16:20 am »

Character:

Lars Alexandersson

"Damn. One after another..." *takes stance*

As the Mishima Financial Group (MFG) waged war on the world, its illustrious corps, the Tekken Force, began its worldwide coup d'etat. However, G Corporation's rose up and opposed their forces, resulting in intense conflicts the world over.

The mastermind behind the coup d'etat was none other than Lars Alexandersson.

Lars is a young, charismatic Tekken Force officer with unmatched physical ability and intellect. Even after his promotion, he continued to place himself in the thick of battle, earning several scars visible on his face. His military prowess and openheartedness have made him popular among his subordinates.

Lars is a illegitimate son of Heihachi Mishima, and no one, aside from Lars himself, knows this fact. Not even Heihachi...

The Fix
Lars is a very surprising character. Since his introduction, not much is known about his fighting style, nor his tactics. Lars has a very flexible movelist, with wide combo possibilities and insane juggles. He has a couple of good throws. He also has a great pool of highs and lows to choose from. All around average fighter. But what makes Lars so special...HE'S ****ING FAST. This guy is quick. If you play an aggressive Lars, your opponent is in for a rough time. If you manage to block his highs, he's going low. Thing is, you really won't have time to transition before you're on the ground. Another thing: Lars WILL chase you. If he knocks you back, HE WILL give chase. Normally, this is a bad idea, but Lars is a different story. He'll run up to you and stomp you into ANOTHER combo. Lars also has this one move where he delivers this scissor kick thing that sends you into the air. This is obviously a high. He can cancel it and go for a low attack.  ...Yeah. This fake-out is what enrages many players, because it cancels so quickly, and the low comes out just as fast. So, Lars is an excellent mix-up fighter with plenty of mindgames. Couple this in with his amazing speed and you have a solid addition to the roster. Lars doesn't come without his faults though. You can play Lars defensively or aggressively. Or Passive-Aggressively, where you do not chase and wait for your opponent to come to you to send them back down. If you're playing aggressive, be careful to not face any aggressive tanks. An aggressive Craig, Ganryu, King, Feng, any of the big hard hitters WILL put Lars in his place. His mix-ups don't really help him out that well in these types of match-ups, and if you can't get them to work Lars will die quickly. Lars isn't that powerful, revolving around quick, weak strikes that juggle your opponent (actually, he has a couple of powerful attacks). If your opponent doesn't give you enough time to formulate your mix-ups, Lars is screwed. Lars has a couple of good knockbacks, but they come out with some lag and are easily anticipated. He also has terrible launchers. Defensive opponents is where Lars shines. THAT'S where you dominate your opponent. Lars can also FORCE big guys into defensive tactics. Since Lars is so fast, whenever your opponent runs up to you, give him the good ole' punch > punch > uppercut. Juggle them well and send them downward into a bound they'll never forget. This is where many will stop pursuing you and wait for you to come to them. OR they'll keep pursuit. If it comes to the latter, do it again. All in all, Lars is a decent character. Nuff said.

Coolest Stage to Fight on
Manji Valley

Customizations
Lars has some pretty cool customizations. You can make him resemble Cloud.
I've got him decked out in green. Looks pretty beast. 'Like a human Scourge with retarded hair.

Pros
+Excellent mix-ups
+Mind games
+Extremely fast
+Good juggles
+A Defensive Player's Bane
+High-Low cancel (makes for some hilarious battles)

Cons
-Horrible launchers (besides his uppercut)
-Can be easily anticipated
-Has trouble against most aggressive fighters
-Laggy knockbacks
-Easily punished if you don't know what you're doing
-Very difficult to make a comeback if you're getting roasted

Masterman Rating
8/10

Styles Rating
5/10

Ending

« Last Edit: 17 January, 2010, 09:23:25 am by Jacob P. Galvatron » Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #140 on: 17 January, 2010, 10:07:14 am »

HEIHACHI, HOW TO KILL A PERSON IN FOUR JAB COMBOS
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #141 on: 17 January, 2010, 10:28:53 am »

I agree with Styles, Lars is a nerd.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Masterman
« Reply #142 on: 17 January, 2010, 07:16:46 pm »

Bah.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #143 on: 18 January, 2010, 01:56:41 am »

Hab.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Masterman
« Reply #144 on: 18 January, 2010, 09:26:50 am »

*looks at the camera with dumbfounded expression*
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #145 on: 18 January, 2010, 11:21:01 am »

*bites lip*

So I realized today that the only reasons I'm playing Scenario Campaign is to get money to customize and because everything Paul says in it is priceless.

Also, the endings in this game are ludicrous. The whole game has this underlying insanity to it feels, its not completely visible on the surface or gameplay but delve a bit deeper and bam.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Masterman
« Reply #146 on: 18 January, 2010, 06:54:47 pm »

I really like that one stage where you fight Kazuya at that Heliport. That stage was epic and a REALLY good place to farm for cash. I'm talking 900,000G per visit.

Bryan Fury ending ftw
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #147 on: 18 January, 2010, 06:58:30 pm »

I haven't gotten that far yet, I keep falling off the catwalk in the Bruce level.

I hate that level.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Masterman
« Reply #148 on: 18 January, 2010, 07:15:50 pm »

That was indeed a terrible stage.

My most hated stage was Millennium Tower without Nancy.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #149 on: 18 January, 2010, 07:31:14 pm »

I only did that once, didn't use Nancy. It sucked.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: