Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 05:04:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Good Neighbor MM

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Neighbor MM  (Read 14477 times)
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #450 on: 07 July, 2013, 07:00:37 pm »

Well, I've made it to the end (I think) against Nyx. This is probably one of the dumbest battles I've ever played in my life. It makes no sense how long this crap is. I'm ready for this game to be over with.

I know I was supposed to record my progress throughout the game, but honestly, I was ashamed at how tedious and how much of a fail it's been. Fortune and Strength caused me to quit over four times, The Hanged Man caused me to quit twice, some stupid Tartarus bosses owned me quite a bit and DEATH KEPT CHASING ME BECAUSE SHUFFLE TIME BECAME SUCH BULLSHIT TOWARDS THE END AND I KEPT GETTING CROSSBONES ON 75% OF THE CARDS. Jin and Takaya weren't bad though, and I don't even remember the others..Yoshiori? Tichori? That girl Junpei likes.

At times, I would forget the Guard command even existed, which probably could have saved me a lot of sweat and tears. Sometimes, I would succumb to bloodlust and forget to debuff certain enemies. My problems come from the battles, not the school and interaction because I actually enjoy the characters....and the music is so catchy. Eventually, I will beat this game...however, I won't be playing it until I have recuperated from my losses. This is exactly like the Four Kings battle from Dark Souls...and Wendolo from Super Robot Wars Original Generation 2.
Report Spam   Logged
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #451 on: 07 July, 2013, 07:10:24 pm »

should've grinded.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy

Yare yare daze

« Reply #452 on: 07 July, 2013, 08:05:30 pm »

needs moar grinding
also, shuffling was always easy
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #453 on: 07 July, 2013, 08:14:09 pm »

Nyx really is unbelievable. I can't believe they thought it would be fun to make a boss battle that long and tedious. Moonless Gown literally has no purpose other than stopping the fight in its tracks.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yes.

« Reply #454 on: 07 July, 2013, 08:17:57 pm »

Anyway, enough with Persona 3. It's time to clear my mind. I'm going to start...

MASTERMAN'S TOP 50 BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME EXTRAVAGANZA!!!

That's right, I've compiled a list of my favorite games of all time and I will be counting them down everyday. Hopefully, I'll be finished by the time it's time for me to go back to college. I might do two or three in one day if it calls for it. I already know a lot of people won't care but atleast take the time to read some of these. Anyways, here we go.

Ultimate Muscle: Legends vs. New Generation

This game holds a special place in my heart because it was such a sleeper classic. The game basically doesn't exist..because I'm sure I'm one of the 12 people that actually own this game. I remember seeing it in Toys R' Us one day like eight to ten years ago and I had to get it. I was obsessed with Ultimate Muscle cards at the time, and this game would have been the perfect way to get my Ultimate Muscle fix. I remember using my hard earned dinero to buy the game and I was so excited to get home and pop it in. When I did...it was amazing.

You start off with twelve wrestlers if I remember correctly. Kid Muscle, King Muscle, Terryman, Old Terryman, The Walrus Guy, Dik Dik Van Dik, German Guy, Kevin Mask, Checkmate, Robin Mask, and a few others I can't remember plus some unlockable characters. Now, already, I was in love because the moment I picked the German Guy, I was immediately hooked. That guy had one of the best super moves I think I've ever heard. He would knock you into the air and as you plummeted downward, he would slash you with his glowing red hand screaming "RED RAIN OF PAIN" in this hilarious German accent. After that, it became a memetic mutation in my head and I would scream that **** in the hallways at school while people looked at me like I had tourettes. It was great.

Not only that, the gameplay was actually executed very well. Characters fought like they should have and the 4p battle royales were a blast to play. You could dropkick people into turnbuckles and they'd bounce off and you'd meet them in midair, performing high flying DDT's and suplexes. The graphics weren't groundbreaking, but they were decent enough. The game was heavily exaggerated (especially the tag-team Kinnikiku Buster) but that was what made it so much fun to play. The announcers were even entertaining and while they did say the same few lines over and over, they were never annoying. The meter building in this game is very Street Fighter-esque and it actually makes it very strategic. Maybe you'd like to do your Level 2 super because you need to get some damage in and don't have time to make it to Level 3. Maybe you need constant Level One supers to keep the pressure or maybe you need a nice cinematic Level 3 to own your opponent. It caused for some decisions to be made..it was strategic chaos.

There are some complaints though. There is little to do outside of the exhibition matches. The Create-A-Wrestler option was very limited sadly, and the story mode was very lackluster, but that's a small price to pay considering the smooth, outstanding gameplay. By far one of the most fun wrestling games I have ever played and will always hold a place in my heart. Ultimate Muscle: Lvs.NG, ranks in at #50.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runner Up
Sonic Shuffle

This game gets runner up because it was actually a surprisingly good game. The graphics were pretty bad and the controls could be pretty clunky at times, but the media was wrong about this one. This game got panned almost everywhere, but in my opinion, it did not deserve such negative reviews. Yes, it is most certainly a Mario Party clone, but it has enough differences to where it can stand out alone. I don't remember exactly what all the game entailed, but I remember having fun with it. I also remember the random hammy Eggman event sequences that could pretty much screw your whole game if you didn't know which option to pick. Those sequences required so much luck.

Basically, you pick a character and a board and you duke it out against three other people to collect gems and fight the Final Boss before anyone else. The gems could cast certain effects and granted your character powers and whatnot.
When your turn starts, you could pick a random card from a 10x4 board I think and whatever number you got, that was how far you'd move. Each character had a certain skill they could use on the board like Tails could fly and Knuckles could climb walls and stuff, so it was pretty cool how there were spaces only available to certain characters.

Unlike Mario Party, you had to land on a certain space to initiate a mini-game and while there weren't that many, they were actually pretty fun. One mini-game pit you against the other three players. The three players would run down this neverending road, dodging obstacles while you tried to squish them with this robotic walker thing. I remember that minigame being so funny because one of my friends would always pick Big, and watching him run was one of the funniest things ever witnessed until Ganondorf in SSBB. As I said earlier, the game did not deserve the hate that it received because it was a fairly fun game worth a play. Yes, it was random and FRUSTRATING as all hell, but it was a nice change from Mario Party, and a nice try by Sega.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WORST GAMES
Kabuki Warriors

This game is absolute **** in every shape and form imaginable. This game is the foundation that every other terrible game branches upon. This game looks awful, the sound is ****, the gameplay is trash, the controls are clunky, the game is stupid and it should have never been made. The AI is by far one of the worst I think I've ever played in my life. You could seriously just sit there without touching the controller and win the battle. It required no skill. Even the GAME knew that it shouldn't have existed. This game is by far the greatest piece of garbage ever conceived and every member of Crave will go to Hell for going through with this. How this EVER got the greenlight, is beyond me. I would personally execute every member of Crave myself for torturing me with this. It's unbelievable how bad this game is. Just go look up videos for it. You will be baffled and amazed at the same time and your face will probably melt due to the utter crap aura this game exudes. This game is the Bubonic Plague of video games. This game is the Boogeyman of video games. Every company out there is terrified of this game and how **** it is. It's unbelievable. This game will make you question humanity because if the idiots at Crave actually thought this was a good idea, then there are truly some disturbing pieces of work to be found in this world. It's disgusting. There is no hope at the bottom of this Pandora's Box, and playing it will release all of the things man fears upon the world. **** this game and **** whoever created it, if it was Crave or whoever. They deserve to be hung and set ablaze. Every copy of this game needs to be shot into outer space. If extraterrestrials got ahold of this game however, they could potentially enslave humanity with its shittiness or they'd kill themselves after playing it. One or the other. We should, however, save one copy of the game and put in a safe museum so that everybody can view the most worthless artifact ever.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #455 on: 07 July, 2013, 08:21:52 pm »

I am pleased by this endeavor.

If I recall right, Aki Corp made the Ultumate Muscle game. I never played it, but that must mean its good since they're like the Treasure of wrestling game developers. I still play No Mercy and WCW vs. nWo Revenge to this day.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yes.

« Reply #456 on: 07 July, 2013, 08:33:24 pm »

I am pleased by this endeavor.

If I recall right, Aki Corp made the Ultumate Muscle game. I never played it, but that must mean its good since they're like the Treasure of wrestling game developers. I still play No Mercy and WCW vs. nWo Revenge to this day.
You must play it if you can find it one day. Those are also excellent wrestling games, I remember them fondly. Fondly, I say!
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy

Yare yare daze

« Reply #457 on: 07 July, 2013, 09:41:52 pm »

Haha, everybody knows Kabuki Warriors is ****.
Report Spam   Logged

Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yes.

« Reply #458 on: 08 July, 2013, 07:55:40 pm »

Shining Force II

Ah yes, Shining Force II. A game that is very underrated and overlooked. Shining Force II is a tactical role-playing game significantly akin to the Fire Emblem series. Actually if I'm not mistaken, this game is like Fire Emblem's uncle, as it started before Fire Emblem correct me if I'm wrong. The game's plot is your typical fantasy scenario...young hero is the chosen one and must gather a strong team to march and defeat the evil army of devils that possess people, save the world from an evil force, save the princess, and seal the evil force within this gem thing. It's been quite some time since I've played the game, so my synopsis could be a bit skewed but you get the gist.

The dialogue in the game is a little funky at times, but never anything too distracting or outlandish...actually, the dialogue can be outright hilarious without it even meaning to be by any means, which is an odd plus for the game. The real treat here, is the tactical gameplay. You will die numerous times if you don't prepare because this game can be quite unforgiving at times. Yes, the hero has a spell that can help you retreat from battle should you feel overwhelmed, but knowing that they would give the hero such an ability just lets you know that the game will be difficult. You must train and you must train a lot. You will get overwhelmed plenty of times and you will get frustrated. Unlike Fire Emblem though, characters get incapacitated when they have no health instead of dying forever.

That leads me to my next topic; the characters. Overall, characters are balanced pretty well but there are some glaring examples of characters who are MUCH better than others should you train them. The one I'd like to pick on here is the turtle that you save from this building not far into the game. The turtle is a godsend toward the beginning of the game. It absorbed attacks like a **** meatsponge and it dealt damage pretty well to boot. As long as you shielded him from magic, you had a total champ in your hands. His usefulness starts to run out later on though, as enemies become more powerful and his damage output became nonexistent. The mouse, Slade, was one of the worst characters at the beginning of the game but becomes quite possibly the best character when he promotes to Ninja. The chicken, Peter, the werewolf, Gerhalt, and the wizard, Kazin, are three cases of characters that just stay damn good throughout the game. Then there are characters like Skreech who just suck no matter what. In this way, all characters feel very unique and you have to be able to pick and choose who to bring with you and reward your MVPs. It definitely gets you attached to certain characters.

Another thing to compare with Fire Emblem, is the fact that characters can be promoted to their ultimate classes after they pass a certain level, but they can also branch to another class if you give them a certain item they require, so it's one or the other. Usually, the class with the item is the better choice, but sometimes that's not always the case. The music in the game is catchy, but nothing groundbreaking. The graphics are nothing special, but I've always liked the sprites in the game. Overall, it's not a terribly long game, but it's long enough to keep you hooked to play through it all. Yes, it can be bullshit at times, but with enough training, the game's difficult parts become a breeze (I'm looking at you Chess Table battle) and you will most certainly have fun with the game. I know I did, and I will never forget this game. Money well spent in the Virtual Console. Shining Force II is #49.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runner Up
Power Stone

When I think of the Sega Dreamcast, Power Stone is one of the first games that pop into my mind. Power Stone is a four-player fighting game that is a frantic race to collect the titular items that enhance your fighter to have amazing power and priority. The chaos that ensues when you pop this game in with three other people is absolute mindless fun and can entertain for hours on end. I remember dumping a ton of coins to play this in the arcade, and whether it is in the arcade or on a console at home, the game remains fun even after all these years. I won't even compare this to Super Smash Bros., because this game can certainly stand alone as a great party fighter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worst Games
Street Fighter X Tekken

This game is one of the strongest cases of "Hype Balloon That Gets Deflated". I was so excited when this game got announced....but when I actually got my hands on it...it was such a freaking mess. The game is a slow, boring nightmare to all fighting games everywhere. After falling out of love with MVC3, I was looking forward to having my fighting game fix reinvigorated, but this trash only depressed me further. This game sucks online, and it isn't even fun offline. This game has nothing going for it and while I do love some Tekken, this game does none of the characters any justice. The game is one of the most forgettable fighting games of all time and it shows because the FGC doesn't even care about it. No one cares about this game and for good reason. It sucks. People abuse gems, abuse the online, abuse moves, and it's just a complete mess no matter what angle you look at it from. To top it all off, this is the game that fueled the "On-Disc DLC" fire to the maximum. That's a quintuple buttfuck whammy and Capcom themselves are probably ashamed with this game. I know I would be, because this game did not deserve to see the light of day. They clearly did not think this one through and it is a damn shame to have such a crossover squandered by terrible practices and abysmal execution. **** outta here with this one Capcom.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #459 on: 08 July, 2013, 11:00:44 pm »

I'm pretty sure FE came out first in Japan since it was on the Famicom and Shining was a dungeon crawler before it was a strategy RPG.

And while the quality of the game I can't speak for (I didn't play much of it), I think Capcom nailed the styles/transition to 2D of certain Tekken characters for SFxT. Nina and Paul in particular.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yes.

« Reply #460 on: 11 July, 2013, 01:58:59 pm »

Should have known I'd be wrong...lol oh well.

I can't disagree with you there, but other characters such as Yoshimitsu, Raven, Steve, and Hwoarang in particular are just atrocious to watch. I actually mained Hwoarang too, so I had to sit through it all EVERY. MATCH.

Contra 3: The Alien Wars

Contra 3: The Alien Wars gets #48 because it is probably one of my favorite Shmup's of all time. This game was one of the first to instill tension and adrenaline in my young soul whilst playing alongside my uncle. Even though he'd blame the game for every one of his deaths and would never admit he was at fault, we could not stop playing. Addicted to its challenging nature and punishment, we trudged through the game for days on end only to never beat it once. We never cheated to get extra lives though, so I guess that could explain why we never beat it, but nonetheless it was one of the most fun experiences I've ever had on the Super Nintendo and shooters in general. This game honed my reflexes, taught me how to make sacrifices (trading certain power-ups for ones that would better assist me in my situation), and taught us the power of cooperation. The bosses were epic, the stages were difficult, and the feeling of satisfaction after coming to the stage end screen was unparalleled.

To this day, as my uncle sits in prison, every time we talk we somehow get started on Contra and how much fun we had back in the day. If a game can do that then you know it's special and maybe one day we can go back to it and finally beat it. Contra 3 gets #48.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Last Story

The Last Story was ahem..one of the LAST games I played on the vanilla Wii. I heard about it one day after reading the article on some website and I thought I'd check it out since it seemed interesting enough. I was in for a shock when I actually got to play the game because the game is actually damn good. First and foremost, the game does not seem like a Wii title at all. The game actually looks pretty good and while Xenoblade Chronicles didn't look bad before it, I was still a little skeptical that the Wii wouldn't be able to handle it. The Wii showed its stripes with this one and it surprised me to know that the Wii actually had potential. Now if only Nintendo actually pushed forward with its system capabilities instead of dicking around with gimmicks and motion controls....

The Last Story is an interesting experience to say the least. The game places you in control of a young hero named Zael who looks like something straight out of Castlevania and is a part of this mercenary group consisting of six including himself. Zael, Dagran, Yurick, Syrenne, Lowell, and some other broad who's name I can't remember at the moment...but this is basically your party throughout the game. You start out in this cave place and they introduce you to the control scheme and techniques to use against enemies. Right off the bat, the gameplay is mad fun. You don't swing the controller to strike or press a button, the character swings automatically as you approach the enemy kind of like Final Fantasy XII if I remember correctly. You learn different techniques through leveling up and you have a crossbow you can use for ranged battle, so it offers a bit of variety. You can also command your teammates to do exactly what you say against the tougher enemies whose weaknesses need to be exploited before attacking otherwise. The game also has a cover system where you hide behind cover to avoid enemy attacks, but this is also cool because one of the best moves in the game involves staying in cover and striking an unaware enemy. The gameplay of this game is VERY well done and while there is chaos and frustration at times do to the framerate, the game keeps it under control for the most part and you will have a lot of fun. If the main character dies, don't worry. You have three "lives". Once you lose all your HP, you lose a life. You lose all three, game over. So, it's pretty lenient in that regard.

Grinding is not necessary because the game is kinda linear. You can go train if you want, but there's really not much point unless you want to take on the tougher areas and get higher level weapons and crafting items. The game is fairly easy though except for a few battles, so you probably won't be grinding much. The weapons in this game are very neat, and make you actually feel like you've made a good investment once you've upgraded them. They did a good job when it comes to the characters, weapons, enemies..it was all just very good design. You can customize what your characters wear too, so there's variety there as well. The characters themselves are pretty enjoyable, with dialogue that'll make you laugh but never make you want to skip cutscenes. The only character I had a problem with was Yurick. He was the deadpan snarker and he wasn't a joy to be around, but once you get past a certain character developing side-quest, he becomes a helluva lot more enjoyable. The character development is nice.

The plot isn't groundbreaking and it can be predictable at times, but there are some twists and turns that'll throw you for a loop, so that's a good thing. The bosses are pretty good too, but usually the game will guide you through on how to beat some of them. However, you will have to figure on your own how to beat others if your teammates don't shout it to you.
The locations are eh most of the time with a few exceptions. The reason why they're blah most of the time is because of the dull color scheme displayed on some of the areas. There will be times where the locations are pretty well done, but other times where they aren't so it's kind of a toss up there. One of the best locations in the game is the Haunted Mansion and it is by far one of the best quests I think I've ever done in an RPG. It was so enjoyable and it is one of the main things that stand out to me about the game. A superbly done segment that had me wanting an encore. It was phenomenal.

So, while The Last Story came out at a difficult time (the Wii's dying breath), the game should not be missed if you can help it. It is an above average game that is a little on the easy side...but its overall mood and chill pacing makes it a game that you'd pick up and play on and off until you beat it; it's not a game you're going to play 6-8 hours straight. As I said before, The Last Story is a great entry in the Wii's catalog, but unfortunately, I don't think many people gave it the time of day considering the Wii's death. It is a great title that you should check out if possible. The Last Story gets #47.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Runner Ups or Worst Games Today.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #461 on: 11 July, 2013, 02:59:43 pm »

I can't disagree with you there, but other characters such as Yoshimitsu, Raven, Steve, and Hwoarang in particular are just atrocious to watch. I actually mained Hwoarang too, so I had to sit through it all EVERY. MATCH.

Granted, but that's admittedly something that's gonna happen in every 2D fighter. I can't think of any game with a new roster without some lame fighting styles, even with the fact that they had a template for them already. but i only played the game for like five minutes so what do i know

<3 contra 3

I need to play Last Story at some point.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #462 on: 11 July, 2013, 06:29:16 pm »

The Last Story's cover art is so good.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #463 on: 18 July, 2013, 06:16:57 pm »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/18/new-strider-game-announced-at-comic-con/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yes.

« Reply #464 on: 19 July, 2013, 10:37:09 am »

Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod yes.

My **** kinda plummeted when I saw "Double Helix" though....they better not screw this one up. If they do, they need to just disband for the rest of their lives and never be associated with a video game ever again.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: