Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 04:39:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Good Neighbor MM

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Neighbor MM  (Read 14367 times)
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #375 on: 28 September, 2011, 09:59:32 pm »

I'm thinking less NxC, more SRW.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #376 on: 28 September, 2011, 10:41:53 pm »

But yeah, if a game such as this were created and you had a choice of up to 16 characters to main, who would they be?
(Characters paired with each other equal 1 slot like in NxC)

Ya know, I bet if people really worked hard and worked together, this could happen. The team from Card Battle Saga proved that.

will get on that
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #377 on: 28 September, 2011, 11:01:35 pm »

But yeah, if a game such as this were created and you had a choice of up to 16 characters to main, who would they be?

*explodes from the sheer madness of the task*
Report Spam   Logged

Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #378 on: 29 September, 2011, 08:50:38 pm »

True true.

LOL Cole Phelps killing gods with a pistol.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #379 on: 29 September, 2011, 09:02:59 pm »

wat
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yes.

« Reply #380 on: 28 May, 2013, 02:11:55 pm »

I had a dream that I was playing a game like SRW but instead of mechs, a lot of people that I knew including members of this site were actually in the game. I specifically remember one scenario where I had been exposed to some sort of evil energy and I became something like Devil Jin and I tried to enslave the metropolis we inhabited which looked identical to Colombia from BI. As I did so, a lot of people loathed the idea and opposed me, to which I vanquished a lot of my friends. A giant battleship appeared out of a black hole and Raizor was the Captain. He ordered one of his crew to arm the "explosives" he planted around my temple. I was outraged because I knew what he was going to attempt to do, as he was emperor of his own land in a parallel dimension. The bombs went off, destroyed my temple, and I was killed.

As I sat in Hell, I thought about how reminiscent this was to the adventures I've had on this site in particular and I immediately made my way back to the realm of the living. I enlisted the help of Floyd, Spring, Hopper, UF, 911 and a bunch of others to support me. 911 was reluctant, but he and Raizor were friends and he knew how he worked. Raizor was going to destroy the metropolis with bombs and rebuild his own empire out of greed. For some reason, Omar was a Cheshire-ish cat that I could fit in my pocket and smiled every time someone said "Yes".

As the environment became gloomy and somber, we realized that this had to end. Spring built numerous Arwings with the help of his crew at his shop, which remained undetected due to the stealth advancements they created just in case something like this happened. Needless to say, I didn't get one and instead I was presented with a small tricycle armed with tiny cannons that could launch dynamite. I was angry, but alas, Hopper let me ride with him. Bless his heart.

We soared through the dark and gritty metropolis to take down the would-be King, but forcefields prevented us from getting any closer to his battleship. Floyd summoned an army of technological pterodactyls that hacked the system with Batman-style cryptonic sequencers or whatever the hell they are called. After the barriers were down, the pterodactyls were immediately shot down as a mad Raizor laughed at the deck of the ship. Strangely, it did remind me of Eggman's ship from SA1.

We soared closer as missiles and plasma cannons were fired upon us and then UF launched himself from his Arwing and sky-dived to the starboard of the ship. He looked exactly like the guy from Watch Dogs combined with Adam Jensen (is that his name?) from Deus Ex for some reason, and even had similar powers. He hacked the security abroad Raizor's ship and used the cannons to take out the crew members who were scrambling to their jets in hopes of taking us all out. This frustrated Raizor, however UF didn't care. Raizor teleported to UF and strangled him. UF struck Raizor directly in his crotch. Raizor felt nothing. Instead, the impact bounced off of him and destroyed 911's ship, who had ejected prior to the destruction. As we fired our missiles and lasers in hopes of taking down the battleship...the stars above us began to die and explode. This was serious.

UF continued to duel Raizor, but Raizor had enough. He jumped 100 miles into space and blew a giant silver horn that projected the worst sound ever fathomed. As he blew, another black hole materialized, and thousands of fighter ships that looked like sperm cells made their way toward us. Hopper and I destroyed a few, but as we became overwhelmed, Hopper abandoned me and ejected from the Arwing, leaving me to my doom as the ship was headed for a crash landing on Raizor's battleship. Hopper soared high and shot a Kamehameha wave from his hands, which eliminated over one hundred ships. He also pressed a button on a remote, which cause the ship I was going to die in to safely land on the battleship. I waved as I got out of the Arwing, but as I did so, Hopper was shot down by a rogue ship.

It was 911.

I cursed as I launched myself to save Hopper, but as Hopper plunged toward the metropolis, I realized there was nothing I could do. As wings sprouted from my back out of anger, I chased after 911. Floyd and Spring were still in their Arwings, taking out numerous ships with relative ease. As Spring grumbled something into his headset, Floyd nodded, and they both began to fly side by side. They both ejected, and flew toward Raizor, who had knocked UF out of space.

Floyd summoned a massive Velociraptor, which entered the battle riding on a UFO like a surfboard. The UFO evaporated almost all of the ships Raizor brought forth and the ones that survived were destroyed shortly by Spring, who rubbed his power gauntlets together causing all of the energy of the dying stars to be absorbed and unleashed with extreme prejudice on the sperm ships. Raizor laughed uncontrollably as he annihilated the UFO with a single bomb-omb. The Velociraptor survived however, and bit into Raizor's leg which distracted Raizor long enough for UF to recover abroad Floyd's ship and deliver the most diabolical clothesline ever conceived. Raizor was knocked back an extraordinary distance, and as he recovered, Spring unleashed the wrath of the stars upon his jaw, knocking him downward at an extreme speed.

As I chased 911 down, I grabbed the wing of his ship and used the power of fire to completely seal him inside so he couldn't eject and hurled it toward the plummeting Raizor. As they both collided, a giant T-Rex appeared from nowhere and sat on them both while letting loose the greatest victory roar ever. Raizor was not amused. As he punched the T-Rex into another plane of existence, he and 911 stood side by side. 911 had stolen Shao Kahn's hammer and used it to balance himself as he stumbled to stand upright. UF, Floyd, Spring and I landed in front of the two and stood facing them. Spring got into his Bruce Lee stance while UF growled as he scoffed at Raizor.

UF dashed forward as both his and Raizor's fists collided, while Spring and 911 did battle as well. Pummel duels.
http://youtu.be/S7Py5iF8Eus?t=4m27s

Floyd then pulled his phone out and began talking to FrostedMini. As I placed Hopper's corpse upon the battleship, Omar jumped out of my pocket and had the widest grin on his face. As he chanted some sort of.....chant....a strange light enveloped the battleship. Floyd immediately stopped talking on the phone. I did a double-take as Hopper vanished before my very eyes. The death of a friend brought out Omar's powers. Omar was not a simple cat that took enjoyment out of my misery. Omar was an ancient God that was cursed for all eternity to never utter a single comprehend-able sentence. Instead, all he could do was smile and say random things. The last thing he ever said was "Yes" due to the M. Bison meme. The death of Hopper freed him from his curse for some reason, didn't make much sense. But anyway, the light instead possessed Raizor, who was inflicted with the exact same curse. As UF charged his fist for the final blow, Spring, Floyd and I did so as well as we all punched Raizor at the same time only from different angles. As his face was basically obliterated, we stood in different positions as we watched the explosion in front of us explode into more explosions with stars exploding behind the explosions. 911 melted. Omar stood at the front and said something in Japanese.

How did I remember all this? Because I wrote it down. This all stemmed from the whole Dark Souls II idea.

I have no idea why I have dreams like this every once in a while. SRW has seriously got me **** up.
Report Spam   Logged
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #381 on: 28 May, 2013, 06:59:04 pm »

I read all that to this:

Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #382 on: 28 May, 2013, 07:06:37 pm »

This has pleased me immeasurably.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #383 on: 28 May, 2013, 07:17:38 pm »

Incredible.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy

Yare yare daze

« Reply #384 on: 28 May, 2013, 10:06:46 pm »

Sounds pretty cash.
Report Spam   Logged

Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yes.

« Reply #385 on: 29 May, 2013, 09:47:53 pm »

*eye twitch coupled with grimace*
Report Spam   Logged
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2

« Reply #386 on: 30 May, 2013, 07:50:49 pm »

This was certainly an interesting read.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yes.

« Reply #387 on: 12 June, 2013, 12:35:51 pm »

Tekken Revolution came out yesterday and it sucks. It's free though, so I guess it balances out. The music is blah, and the eight characters you get to play with are also blah. Lars, Lili, Asuka, Jack, Law, King, Paul, and Kazuya (plus Alisa who gets unlocked early).

Basically, you use these "coins" that you acquire after a certain amount of time passes to play arcade battle and online matches. There is no training mode or local versus, so you can't even practice your moves unless you go up against an AI who just reads your inputs and interrupts everything. Good news is, there is no bullshit tag crap like in TTT2. Bad news is, the game is streamlined massively, lag plagues the game right now, coins are scarce (which I will discuss later), and there's no Steve in sight yet.

In order to play online, you need Battle Coins, which you only get two to start off with. After you use one, you have to wait 30 minutes to get another. You can also purchase Premium Coins from the PS Store, which are the same thing, but you get bonuses when you win using a Premium Coin/Ticket. You will usually get another Premium Ticket (same as Premium Coin) when you win a match online if you use one. Problem here is the fact that you can "level up" your characters and increases parameters such as Strength, Endurance, and Vigor as you win matches and get skill points. This can get out of hand, as when you win a few matches, you'll start to play guys that do nothing but play ALL DAY. I encountered a Paul that had 40 Strength as my THIRD match. Needless to say, I got pummeled as my Lars was nowhere near that strong, which then caused me to be demoted. There's nothing I hate more than video game gimmicks that can't be turned OFF.

There's also some nonsense that guys online use to their advantage. It's basically where the match is going perfectly fine and all of a sudden there's a huge slowdown which causes a "Syncing" box to come up below, and when the match starts back up, you're getting juggled in a combo. How is that fair? It's not. Because Namco sucks. They give you a search option that allows you to fight against guys that have four bars, but yet they put you in a match with someone that only has one bar....wtf?

You also get these flashy special moves that give your character certain priorities such as critical damage, invincibility, quicker speed and whatnot. It's a nice idea, but there's a big risk that some people that want to get into Tekken may be discouraged because of assholes that sit there and play the game ALL DAY because of terrible matchmaking. You can seriously just sit back and throw those moves out and you're 95% likely to blow past your opponents' move unless you bait it and try to punish, but even then, the move is too fast and they'll recover so quickly that you can't even punish them with the quickest of combo-starters. Also, I'm not even sure if many people have even heard about this game yet, so spreading the word was a complete fail so far. I don't even know if Harada was confident with this idea.

It's a great idea don't get me wrong, with newcomers being able to hop into Tekken for free, but the execution is poor. I found greater success fighting online against powerful opponents by just picking Jack-6 and mashing buttons like a baboon. We'll see how it plays out. It's only been a day, so maybe it'll get better. I'm hoping for atleast four more characters within a few days. This game would be way better if you could turn off the character enhancements because the sad thing is, these characters are all balanced pretty well except for maybe Lili who's probably the best.

Tekken Revolution - 5.5 out of 10.
Report Spam   Logged
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2

« Reply #388 on: 12 June, 2013, 06:15:35 pm »

i would f*ck lili so hard

But seriously, look forward to hearing more
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #389 on: 12 June, 2013, 07:06:30 pm »

i would f*ck lili so hard

lol'd

Also Paul is the man yo.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: