Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 11:02:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Good Neighbor MM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Neighbor MM  (Read 14288 times)
Masterman
« Reply #15 on: 17 December, 2009, 06:45:36 pm »

Eh. Average day I suppose. Nothing spectacular happened, except for Armor destroying some hoes. Got through a little more of Scenario Campaign. Eh.

Character of the Day:

Armor King

Armor King showed his ass today. 14 Wins with no losses recorded. The beast can't be stopped. Utterly obliterating a very ugly Dragonuv (LiquidRebellion), an annoying Lee Chaolan (Cashcotty555), and a VERY difficult Ganryu (crystallis_13th). Armor King ****ed everyone up the ass today. With disgusting and vile combos that end in rage-quitting players. His People's Elbow is as funny as ever, and now his jumping elbow is an even better pursuing finisher. He rapes. Miguel can learn from Armor, because if Armor gets cornered by a quick punisher, Armor can rebound. Miguel can't, at least in my hands. His winpose where he just shrugs at the camera adds even more insult to injury. I love it. I love him. I still haven't really gotten his chain-throws down yet, but by the way it's looking, I won't need them. Armor King is definitely at the top of my fighters right now, the only character with a perfect 100% win ratio. Keep it goin' Armor King.

YOU LET ME DOWN:

Jin Kazama

Once again, Jin has been eating fists and feet for dinner. Jin...see that's what pisses me off about you. You play around with Marshall too much. HOWEVER, HE ACTUALLY DID SUPERB yesterday. You're still getting manhandled. Look at Lars. Look at Kazuya. Look at Heihachi. Look at how far ahead they are. Take a good look. Jin, you're done for today, tomorrow, AND Saturday. Get your act together. 5 Losses with only 3 Wins. I bet your face is more sore than a Portugese manwhore playing hockey. Grab a towel, Jin, we've got work to do. I've got to train with you because we aren't connecting at the moment, bro.
Report Spam   Logged
Masterman
« Reply #16 on: 18 December, 2009, 05:38:47 pm »

Today I barely played any. I got 15 matches and that was all. The majority of matches were played with Steve (8 wins in a row). So yeah, I'm prolly not gonna play tomorrow either, or Sunday. If it keeps raining and being cold then I may stay inside and play some more, but if it sobers up, I'm gonzo to other places.

Steve Fox, Armor/King, and Bob ratings coming up.

Character of the Day:

Steve Fox

Steve Fox cannot be stopped. That is all.

YOU LET ME DOWN:

N/A

Didn't play enough matches for someone to let me down. *looks at Jin*
Report Spam   Logged
Masterman
« Reply #17 on: 18 December, 2009, 06:53:51 pm »

Character:

Steve Fox

"Hey you! You wanna try me, guv?"

Steve Fox had destroyed the research institute of the Mishima Zaibatsu, and finally settled a long-time feeling of resentment.

Steve was intent on returning to the world of the boxing again, but the majority of major boxing meets are canceled by the war that broke out all over the world. Steve, who knew no other trade than the boxing ring, had effectively lost his job and his passion, and went into depression.

Soon after, he received an invitation to train together with Marshall Law and Paul Phoenix. Steve, who liked the idea of training in a martial art other than boxing, accepted.

The Fix
Steve is unstoppable. This guy can rack damage quickly and effectively. His move "Sonic Fang" is a contender for best move in the game, being insanely fast and powerful. I will always end a combo with this move, punishing players in the air and setting up for a rushing Beatdown attack. Steve is hard to hit, he confuses opponents, and his Peekaboo stance is my favorite in the game, because it has my favorite move the "Lancaster Special". It also can be chained into a gut-smash followed by my favorite throw in the game the "Ten Count". He pounds his helpless enemy senseless as he shuffles around them, resulting in many rage-quitting players humiliated after the throw. His "Eraser" is also a really good move to close in the distance on your opponents, as it is very startling-fast. Steve is fast, I cannot express it enough. If you can utilize him properly he's by far the best character in the game. His bound juggles are nothing short of spectacular and he punishes OH so well. However, many consider Steve as being a defensive player. I somewhat agree, as I think that Steve is a Defensive Aggressor. If your opponent makes a mistake, counter it and punish them well. Pursue them after juggles and make them pay. If Steve has an opponent cornered, there is no hope for them. I feel bad when I go up against someone like King or Marduk because there is no way for them to rebound if they are caught by a relentless Steve in a corner. Steve is FAST. USE THIS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. There aren't may characters that can match Steve in terms of quickness. HE's pretty easy to master and at times, I consider him kinda broken because of how good he is. Although, I quickly retracted this opinion when I started to take note of his weaknesses. Steve is predictable. The majority of his attacks are either med or high. Meaning that if you are not a buttonmasher, you can defend Steve, and smack him down. There are also a couple of attacks that leave Steve wide open. I'm staring directly at his Flicker Stance > 4 hit combo. If you block this, my god Steve is in for pain. Other than that though, Steve is a beast. He doesn't have any kicks, but his quick strikes make up for it, and my god I love him for it. His Sonic Fang never leaves him open, and his attacks are just cool to watch in an expert player's hands.

Coolest Stage to Fight on
Electric Fountain, because the neon fits him and his amazing hooks.

Pros
+Insanely Fast
+Powerful
+Great endurance
+Sonic Fang
+Peekaboo Stance
+Swaying/Ducking
+Hard to Hit
+Impressive counters
+Best throw in the game
+Amazing mindgames
+Bounds are devastating
+Wall game is brutal
+So many pros

Cons
-Can be kinda predictable
-Vulnerable when blocked
-Stun Gun is really slow and useless
-He doesn't have a great standing launcher, but honestly, it's a minor complaint considering how strong Steve is otherwise.

Masterman Rating
10/10

Styles Rating
8.5/10

Ending

It makes me smile how much this reminds me of Me (Steve), Floyd (Paul), and Spring (Marshall).
I mean really? Bombs and Cash? Floyd and Spring's relationship? My love for Steve? Floyd's love for Paul? Spring's love for Bruce Lee? It's like Namco has been reading our misadventures and put it into Tekken 6.
« Last Edit: 26 December, 2009, 06:33:30 pm by The Master of Beasts » Report Spam   Logged
Styles
Lateral Diagonal
Sacred Warrior

Mood: Restless

All the cool kids are doing it.

« Reply #18 on: 19 December, 2009, 02:05:31 pm »

Miguel doesn't deserve an 8. I'll just come in here every once in a while and disagree with your ratings for ***ts and giggles.
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #19 on: 19 December, 2009, 02:20:25 pm »

Miguel doesn't deserve an 8. I'll just come in here every once in a while and disagree with your ratings for ***ts and giggles.

olo
Report Spam   Logged

Masterman
« Reply #20 on: 19 December, 2009, 06:39:38 pm »

Found this extremely funny.

So, yeah, today was slow. No character of the day or Let Me Downs. Went up a few ranks, nothing special.

Why doesn't he? 8 seems to be a reasonable score. You bothered to address Miguel, yet you did not address Steve. I wonder why?

Anyways...how about you rate the few characters I don't use? Have your own little segment in this topic? Well...anybody can for that matter, but I don't think that many people here would want to...mmm...

Actually, if I can, I might be able to persuade a few people from "other places" to make profiles here and share their opinions to ultimately bring this topic to life.
Report Spam   Logged
Styles
Lateral Diagonal
Sacred Warrior

Mood: Restless

All the cool kids are doing it.

« Reply #21 on: 21 December, 2009, 03:05:51 pm »

He doesn't deserve an 8, he deserves a 9. At best Steve deserves an 8.5. Steve is good. Miguel is better. I guess I could do Feng and Paul. Maybe Fury. Bryan loses points by default because of how atrocious his laugh is now. They ****ed him up.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #22 on: 21 December, 2009, 03:14:17 pm »

Nothing makes my day like some Styles.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Masterman
« Reply #23 on: 21 December, 2009, 03:19:57 pm »

YES. CONTRIBUTIONS!
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #24 on: 26 December, 2009, 03:21:18 pm »

I bought this today lol.

I still suck at new Tek's but I won a few battles with my boy.

Also Miguel and Zafina are awesome I must say.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Masterman
« Reply #25 on: 26 December, 2009, 06:31:30 pm »

I will warn you now...

Scenario Campaign isn't that bad. I thought it was a piece of **** when I first played it, but it got better. It was actually really fun. Now that I'm done...it's boring without friends. CPU's are too easy, and I'm constantly getting booted out of online rooms. There is NO lag online, and this really pisses me off. When there IS lag, like in Tekken 5 DR, I lose quite a bit. However in this game that barely has ANY lag, I get to fight at my fullest and I get booted.

Anyway...

Character:

Marshall Law

*Pulls arms back, kicks, then strikes a stance and beckons with hand*

During the middle of the King of Iron Fist Tournament 5, it was discovered that Marshall Law was working illegally in Japan, and as a result he was immediately deported to his home country of the United States of America.

With the deadline to pay for the damages of his son’s accident fast approaching, hopes of getting the money needed were slim. Just then, his best friend Paul Phoenix approached him with the idea of forming a team—securing a high-ranking prize alone would certainly be difficult, but if he was part of a team, the probability of winning would be much higher.

Marshall accepted Paul’s invite, but thinking a three-man team was better than a two-man team, the renowned boxer Steve Fox caught his attention.

The Fix
Law is one of those characters that you'll love, or you'll hate. Luckily for him, many people tend to go with the former. Law is chock full of potential. He has a decent mix of high and lows, and has some decent range. Law is also one of the select few that can make an all-out comeback when rage'd. His trademark screams result in a bunch of rage-quitting players, but Law's significant devastating factor comes from his Dragon Sign and his Dragon Fake. His Dragon Fake is an excellent parry and basically catches anyone who punches him in the stance off-guard. They stagger forward, with NO way of defending themselves or to recover, allowing Law to get in a damaging kick or punch. This move in particular is very cheap. VERY, VERY cheap. One way of avoiding this, is to mix up your high and lows on Law. This brings up Law's flaws. Law is predictable. VERY predictable. He also has problems with SSing opponents, and SSing himself. Sure, he has some amazing combos, (and one backhand that'll make players cringe in disgust) but they are easily blocked allowing for some easy punishment. Another thing, it's fairly difficult to bound-combo with Law. Usually, I finish off a bound with his sweep, but other players can keep the chain going, which requires intense practice if you don't want to do the same combo over and over. Law has god-awful endurance though. Prolonging a battle will tend to tip the scale on Law once you figure him and the player out. His Dragon Sign and Dragon Fakes offer the greatest move for Law though, the Dragon Kick. Initiated by pressing both X and O simultaneously following a Dragon Sign, executes this monster of an attack. He flies halfway across the screen to deliver this deathbringer to your opponent's skull. It's so nasty, that after the opponent gets knocked backwards, you may sit and wonder how a character can survive such a kick to the skull. The opponent may even take a little time out to recuperate. This also sets up Law's winning strat. Following a Dragon Kick, you must take the opportunity. Mix it up, and you should be able to knock off a good bit of health, setting up Law's victory. If there's distance, use the Dragon Kick. Don't overuse it though. Try to mix it up with the Dragon Uppercut and chain the uppercut with his six repeated punches. The Dragon Kick is your friend. His Poison Arrow is relatively slow, wouldn't advise using it much. His side kick has incredible knockback, and his Dragon Knuckle is very safe on block. His throws are great, and most of them leaves opponents in a position for grand punishment. When up against aggressive, quick opponents. Turtle. TURTLE. TURTLE. If going up against a good Steve though, you're through. It's extremely tough to beat a good Steve with Law. Also, Law has some of the best customizations in the game. Black Shades + No shirt + Blue Flame Pants + The Blue and Black sneakers = My Law

Coolest Stage to Fight on
Manji Valley

Pros
+Dragon Kick
+Dragon Fake Steps/Dragon Sign
+Decent mix of High and Lows
+Good Aerial Chains/Juggles
+Throws
+Dragon Uppercut
+Nice range
+Knockback

Cons
-Predictable
-SSing problems
-Terrible endurance
-Difficult bound chains
-Bad Wall Game
-Gets punished easily
-Launchers could be better

Masterman Rating
7.5/10

Styles Rating
7/10

Ending
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0OrPrYF1eE&feature=player_embedded

It makes me smile how much this reminds me of Me (Steve), Floyd (Paul), and Spring (Marshall).
I mean really? My love for Steve? Floyd's love for Paul? Spring's love for Bruce Lee and Jeet Kune Do? It's like Namco has been reading our misadventures and put it into Tekken 6. (I bet Spring's a good cook)
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #26 on: 26 December, 2009, 06:35:38 pm »

I haven't tried SC yet. I'm sure its better than Tek 3's Tekken Force mode so it can't be unplayable. I've only beaten Arcade then played online.

Also Miguel's stance is not ugly ****.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #27 on: 26 December, 2009, 06:38:34 pm »

I'm merely ok as a cook for a few dishes.
Report Spam   Logged

Masterman
« Reply #28 on: 26 December, 2009, 07:03:32 pm »

Super ugly. I mean really, it looks stupid.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #29 on: 26 December, 2009, 07:14:35 pm »

Its relaxed fool. He don't need no fancy stance.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: