Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 08:45:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Game you're looking most forward to? 2010

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game you're looking most forward to? 2010  (Read 1818 times)
Masterman
« Reply #15 on: 24 December, 2009, 11:51:57 pm »

Dead Space 2...

Good god...I need a job.
Report Spam   Logged
Masterman
« Reply #16 on: 24 December, 2009, 11:52:54 pm »

Rage...Heavy Rain...L.A. Noire...
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #17 on: 24 December, 2009, 11:53:30 pm »

Nyeh.

Oh yes! White Knight Chronicles! AND VERSUS!
But Versus probably won't come out until like 2011 or something. >_>

And Heavy Rain too.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #18 on: 24 December, 2009, 11:54:40 pm »

Rage...Heavy Rain...L.A. Noire...

If LA Noire is indeed coming to "Next Generation Consoles" and not just the PS3 then that will be another one.

Rage I'm not to excited about. Same with HR.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Masterman
« Reply #19 on: 24 December, 2009, 11:58:08 pm »

Rage is everything Fal-*stops and looks* *questions self, because if sentence finishes then his life surely will too*

...*shuts up*

ALSO...Uhhh...

Report Spam   Logged
Masterman
« Reply #20 on: 24 December, 2009, 11:59:37 pm »

Last Guardian perhaps.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #21 on: 24 December, 2009, 11:59:57 pm »

*puts gun away*

Trust me, I've heard it. And from what I've read, Rage is more FPS based than Fallout 3 was, sort of like Borderlands.

And to be honest, Fallout 3 was everything I wanted it to be, and even moreso after playing th first two games.

So yeah you can continue your statement.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #22 on: 25 December, 2009, 12:02:36 am »

Last Guardian perhaps.
That too.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #23 on: 25 December, 2009, 12:04:57 am »

I forgot about Rage. I've been waiting a while for that one, too..

Although I am with Floyd on the fact that Fallout 3 will be tough to top.

I don't think it will be topped if only because, again, from what I've read, the actual gameplay won't be that similar.

To me, Fallout 3 was basically a perfect move of the first two, 2D games into 3D, not an FPS.

And since Rage seems to be focusing on racing and shooting more, I wouldn't really compare them. The "wasteland" is the only thing that I would really say looks similar, and they're obviously not the only two games to have ever used a post-apocalyptic wasteland for a setting.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #24 on: 25 December, 2009, 12:18:11 am »

Agreed. I read a quote that said its like "comparing Thunderdome to Escape from New York. Each has their own niche in the genre". So whether or not Rage will be a good game, I really can't see it being a similar experience to Fallout 3 (for better or for worse).
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Masterman
« Reply #25 on: 25 December, 2009, 12:29:45 am »

Really? I don't know if I was missing something or what. Fallout 3 just got...boring. Maybe it was just because I sucked at it, and that it was not lenient in the slightest. Agh...the jogging...the Super Mutants...

The beginning was awesome, but afterwards...I was lost. The trekking back and forth...being the gofer.

It was ok though. I'm guessing it's just the type of player I am. You are alone in Fallout. I guess that's what turned me off and appealed to others. Fallout establishes that, and doesn't change it's stride. People love you or hate you. It hurt.

I found so much **** in that one abandoned school. I went into the cafeteria and I got ambushed. All I had was my damn Laser gun (?Forgot name) and I missed everytime in VATS. I got killed, and lost EVERYTHING. Not to mention, I got beatup in the beginning of the game when I was young. I killed my girl's father with a baseball bat...it was all bad. Fallout 3 just didn't like my prescence ever since birth.

But yeah, Rage is more like the blood brother of Borderlands, hell all three of them are related. When you guys kept on praising Fallout 3, I wanted to give it a shot. Maybe it's just the kind of player I am. Rage just seems like it'll keep my attention and improve on the qualms I had with Fallout 3. I will not deny the fact that Fallout 3 was a superb game. It just was not meant for me, and Rage just looks like "The Fallout I Want" in my eyes. *coughVehiclecough* Although I have heard great things about the Pitt.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #26 on: 25 December, 2009, 12:32:20 am »

I will not deny the fact that Fallout 3 was a superb game. It just was not meant for me, and Rage just looks like "The Fallout I Want" in my eyes. *coughVehiclecough* Although I have heard great things about the Pitt.

Basically, this is what I imagine I will feel about Rage, just switched around a bit. I hate racing games with a passion, and if its putting racing game elements then I can't imagine myself enjoying it. But I'm sure its going to be well made at least, being an id Software game.
« Last Edit: 25 December, 2009, 12:34:09 am by ganonfloyd » Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #27 on: 25 December, 2009, 12:32:49 am »

Also The Pitt was fun as hell but Point Lookout blew it out of the water.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #28 on: 25 December, 2009, 12:36:34 am »

I've played four (not MZ yet) and I actually still need to beat Broken Steel (I've been made busy). I, personally, enjoyed all of them, but PL was just.... god. The atmosphere, the double barreled shotgun, the enemies (they were simply vicious and terrifying), everything. I loved it to death, my favorite DLC ever.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Masterman
« Reply #29 on: 25 December, 2009, 12:37:32 am »

Floyd no like racing games!?

Another reason why Fallout miffed me was because it was creepy as hell. I hated going into abandoned buildings. Everytime someone ran up on me I used VATS so fast...

Hell, I felt more afraid in that than in most Resident Evil games...and Fallout doesn't even try to be scary.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: