Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 04:32:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar.  (Read 914 times)
5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Disappointed

I'm5Bass

« Reply #15 on: 03 January, 2010, 03:18:01 am »

It was very.

How is this movie so good?  It looks like very generic sci-fi at best that's gimmick is explosive graphics.  I think of Michael Bay movies but in animation when I think of this movie.
I haven't seen it yet but that's really what it looks like.  Which is bad. >.>

The story is not the selling point, it's the animation and the innovation in 3D.

What happened to the days when people actually cared about good plot?
Report Spam   Logged

Proud owner of the "First Person To Leave Dmax Speechless" Badge

Current mood is disappointed because I thought I saw the option to be "intoxicated"...
5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm5Bass

« Reply #16 on: 03 January, 2010, 03:29:59 am »

I care about good plot..

and I liked this one... ;_;

I'm just wondering what's so good about this movie, that's all.
It looks really bad but for some reason a lot of people love it.
But I dont really want to see it...
Report Spam   Logged

Current mood is disappointed because I thought I saw the option to be "intoxicated"...
5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm5Bass

« Reply #17 on: 03 January, 2010, 03:44:28 am »

I care about good plot..

I wasn't really interested in it that much before I saw it. It's just.. it looks really pretty. It's not all action and explosions, and most of those parts are actually my least favorite.

Maybe I'm a sucker for the 'cripple who gets a chance to run again' or whatever, but I just really liked the story. It's one of those movies that just makes me think, 'what if something like this was actually possible..?'. It would be so amazing to live on that moon, or to have an epic story revolve around yourself like that. Either way it's what I'd call one of the best movies of last year.

From commercials it reminds me of how that animated Final Fantasy looked, so why its getting praise for its animation is also beyond me. : / But I guess I would need to see it.

Best?  Really?
What did you see last year?
Report Spam   Logged

5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm5Bass

« Reply #18 on: 03 January, 2010, 04:02:54 am »

I care about good plot..

I wasn't really interested in it that much before I saw it. It's just.. it looks really pretty. It's not all action and explosions, and most of those parts are actually my least favorite.

Maybe I'm a sucker for the 'cripple who gets a chance to run again' or whatever, but I just really liked the story. It's one of those movies that just makes me think, 'what if something like this was actually possible..?'. It would be so amazing to live on that moon, or to have an epic story revolve around yourself like that. Either way it's what I'd call one of the best movies of last year.

From commercials it reminds me of how that animated Final Fantasy looked, so why its getting praise for its animation is also beyond me. : / But I guess I would need to see it.

Best?  Really?

I've heard it's good in 3D. And.. it was pretty damn spectacular in 2D. So.. so.. so.. much better than that Final Fantasy was.

As for movies that I saw last year, uh... My Bloody Valentine 3D, The Uninvited, Watchmen, The Haunting in Connecticut, Adventureland, Inglourious Basterds, and Avatar. I know I missed out on a few important ones but whatever. Avatar would easily be in my top three.

I'm not one for flashy graphics though.  What made the plot so good?

Out of those movies, I would put Avatar in the top 3 without even seeing most of them. >.<
Report Spam   Logged

5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm5Bass

« Reply #19 on: 03 January, 2010, 04:14:20 am »

I care about good plot..

Best?  Really?

I've heard it's good in 3D. And.. it was pretty damn spectacular in 2D. So.. so.. so.. much better than that Final Fantasy was.

As for movies that I saw last year, uh... My Bloody Valentine 3D, The Uninvited, Watchmen, The Haunting in Connecticut, Adventureland, Inglourious Basterds, and Avatar. I know I missed out on a few important ones but whatever. Avatar would easily be in my top three.

Out of those movies, I would put Avatar in the top 3 without even seeing most of them. >.<

Not just flashy. Pretty! The scenery was beautiful, 'specially at night. I just told you what I liked about the plot, dunno what more to say. I know it sounds cliche, but it was just so awesome, like I had a huge grin on my face at certain parts because of how well everything came together.

And whaaaaat? I dunno what you mean but ok. Yeah, I wouldn't recommend all of those if that's what you mean. Fine.. Avatar can be in my.. ....top 2... v_v

I guess I'll go see it sometime.

I mean, based on the movies that you saw this year, without seeing Avatar, I would have put Avatar in your top 3 movies of this year as well.
Report Spam   Logged

5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm5Bass

« Reply #20 on: 03 January, 2010, 04:19:36 am »

I care about good plot..

Best?  Really?

Not just flashy. Pretty! The scenery was beautiful, 'specially at night. I just told you what I liked about the plot, dunno what more to say. I know it sounds cliche, but it was just so awesome, like I had a huge grin on my face at certain parts because of how well everything came together.

And whaaaaat? I dunno what you mean but ok. Yeah, I wouldn't recommend all of those if that's what you mean. Fine.. Avatar can be in my.. ....top 2... v_v

I guess I'll go see it sometime.

I mean, based on the movies that you saw this year, without seeing Avatar, I would have put Avatar in your top 3 movies of this year as well.

You would have put it.. in my top 3.. Okay, lol. laugh

Have you seen any of the ones I mentioned?

Watchmen and Inglorious Basterds.
The others looked so terrible.  I like bad mvies sometimes but I don't waste the money to see them in theatres.  Except when it comes to quality bad movie directors.  Like Sam Raimi.  Drag Me To Hell, now that was a good bad movie released this year.
Report Spam   Logged

5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm5Bass

« Reply #21 on: 03 January, 2010, 04:33:56 am »

Okay, well those are the ones worth seeing. And Adventureland, that was actually really good. The others were okay, I didn't see any of them in theaters but me and my brother ended up buying MBV:3D because we like slasher movies. It wasn't bad. We rented Haunting (wasn't my choice) but I thought it wasn't all as bad as people make it out to be. I could see my younger self liking it quite a bit actually. The Uninvited was good too, and I think my dad was the one who liked it the most, surprisingly enough. He usually doesn't care for horrors, so yeah.. I could go on a little rant about the ending though but I won't.

I need to look into Drag Me to Hell, I like good bad movies too

It's alright.
I get the gist.
I heard mixed things about Adventureland though...

It's got over 93% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.  It's universally agreed to be a very enjoyable and well made film.  There are a lot of individual effects that most people don't notice the first time seeing.  I wouldn't be surprised if, since it is a B movie (some of which have amazing stories and great themes) and even with its praise is therefore not considered for anything by Hollywood that would indicate best movie or the year or other things like actors or directors, about the only things they're ever considered for are in the base production like effects/sound.  What I'm saying is, I wouldn't be surprised if it was nominated for something in there.  OBviously won't win, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Report Spam   Logged

5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm5Bass

« Reply #22 on: 03 January, 2010, 04:43:49 am »

Adventureland was more serious than I expected, which I appreciated. The funny moments were hilarious too.. just an all around really enjoyable film. I've always been a fan of those kinds of buddy comedies though.

And that information is now to me. Jeez, I thought it looked good just from the trailer. >_>
Will definitely make it a point to watch that one soon.

I'll try it then.

Well, I meant that for B movies in general, they're never considered for anything more than effects, editing or sound.  Which is a possibility for DMtH.
Then why didn't you see it?!
Report Spam   Logged

5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm5Bass

« Reply #23 on: 03 January, 2010, 05:01:07 am »

sounds like a plan! ^^
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #24 on: 04 January, 2010, 01:21:09 am »

I saw it in 3-D and it looked really cool. The story was alright and there were some genuinely badass scenes near the end.

If you want to see a movie that's solely flash and its only redeeming quality is its looks, watch Transformers 2.
Report Spam   Logged

Zigzagoon
Animal Lover
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Happy

Zigzagoon!

« Reply #25 on: 08 January, 2010, 01:26:19 pm »

Great movie =)
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #26 on: 08 January, 2010, 10:50:30 pm »

I thought it was all right. It's most redeeming quality were the visuals, and I only saw it in 2D. They were absolutely stunning and beautiful. But really...it was just okay. It was just really predictable and moved at a really slow pace (which coupled with being long isn't that good...). Also it was just weird for me for some reason.

But it definitely wasn't bad. I thought it was pretty good.
Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: GameFreak_Jake
Mood: ...

« Reply #27 on: 08 January, 2010, 11:03:22 pm »

It was good. I saw it in 2D cause I have a passionate hate for 3D.

Bass, when people say it's an awesome movie for it's visuals and not its plot, that doesn't mean all visuals no plot. The plot was acceptable, if cliched. The visuals just stand out so much more. It's your basic "New World exploration and interaction" movie, but it did have some beautiful moments plot-wise. Although there were plenty of cliched and almost eye-roll worthy parts.

I also am fine with the length, it didn't seemed stretched out to me, there was just a lot that happened. If anything, the first 5-10 minutes were rushed.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #28 on: 08 January, 2010, 11:07:20 pm »

Still haven't seen it...

But considering my favorite movie of all time is Jurassic Park I'm sure I'll have no problems with cliched plot, wonderful visuals thing its doing. In fact I rarely ever do.

Also the DOB article about this on cracked was awesome.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
IngSlayer
~Baffling Artist~
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

« Reply #29 on: 12 January, 2010, 09:46:48 am »

I saw it in 3-D and it looked really cool. The story was alright and there were some genuinely badass scenes near the end.

If you want to see a movie that's solely flash and its only redeeming quality is its looks, watch Transformers 2.

Basic consensus, right down to seeing it in 3D.

Also, while 3D looks cool, I have to say I think rarely will I'll be watching movies in 3D again. Not only is wearing 3D glasses over my real glasses a pain, but I felt my eyes hurting near the end of the film.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: