Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 12:53:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The End of Time and the 11th Doctor.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The End of Time and the 11th Doctor.  (Read 588 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #15 on: 24 February, 2010, 02:21:28 pm »

God, this is completely over your head.  It's about tying up loose ends and closing the story on a high note, not about leaving things unresolved so they can capitalize on it later.  This would have been the most perfect chance to do so but it's obvious they are trying to continue making money off it.

And I really hope they don't make another season of Torchwood. CoE was too good of an ending for them to keep it going.

As hard as it may be for you to believe, many people actually still like Jack and would like to see him in some more stories before they write him out altogether. I'm not saying he has to become a full-time companion or that he has to appear in every series at least once, I just think there's more they could do with the character. Clearly the makers of DW/Torchwood think so too, otherwise they'd have said he's not coming back.

And personally, I thought Children of Earth was a real low point for Torchwood. It was just one depressing event after another. I know Torchwood is suposed to be darker and "more mature" than Doctor Who, but Jesus Christ...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #16 on: 24 February, 2010, 04:58:05 pm »

Actually, forget it. This is a topic for discussing the recent finale and possibly the upcoming series, not for bickering about a character/story that none of us have a say in, and frankly, I can't be bothered to do so anymore anyway.

So anyway, apparently Richard Curtis is going to be a guest writer for one of the episodes in the next series.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Lumy
« Reply #17 on: 24 February, 2010, 06:32:50 pm »

I like him as well.  That's why I don't want them to do anything else with him.  I can't imagine them doing anything else without completely ruining him. So if leaving him unspoiled means no more stories with him, then so be it.

How can you say CoE was a low point?  everything before that was just terrible righting, bullshit plot points, and shoehorned angst.  Children of Earth actually had an amazing plot with characters you are interested in.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #18 on: 24 February, 2010, 06:57:18 pm »

I like him as well.  That's why I don't want them to do anything else with him.  I can't imagine them doing anything else without completely ruining him. So if leaving him unspoiled means no more stories with him, then so be it.

How can you say CoE was a low point?  everything before that was just terrible righting, bullshit plot points, and shoehorned angst.  Children of Earth actually had an amazing plot with characters you are interested in.

I actually liked the first two series for the most part. CoE was just five hours (or 45 minute slots, I can't remember) of misery for all characters involved. Yes, I'll admit it was quite well-written misery, just not to my personal tastes. The main message it conveyed to me was that without the Doctor to save us from alien invasion, everything turns to sh*t, and that had already been done much better in the DW episode Turn Left.

Now, I believe I was trying to change the subject...

So anyway, apparently Richard Curtis is going to be a guest writer for one of the episodes in the next series.
« Last Edit: 24 February, 2010, 07:01:26 pm by Mayuri Kurotsuchi » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Lumy
« Reply #19 on: 24 February, 2010, 07:17:10 pm »

Gah!   Turn Left was awful.

And you can't look at CoE like it's a Doctor Who subplot.  It had nothing to do with Doctor Who.  CoE felt like something Doctor Who could never do and I was so glad it did that.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #20 on: 24 February, 2010, 07:22:06 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Lumy
« Reply #21 on: 24 February, 2010, 07:27:01 pm »

I'm pretty sure I'm the only other person here who's interested in Doctor Who.  Just accept it.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #22 on: 24 February, 2010, 07:31:13 pm »

*shrugs* Then I guess I'll just have to go back to keeping my opinions/comments about the series to myself, occasionally telling my non-fan friends how awesome parts of it is. Oh well...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Lumy
« Reply #23 on: 24 February, 2010, 07:38:36 pm »

I just really hate Russel T. Davies and his "extravaganzas" of finales.  I was really surprised with the direction he took CoE.  Because of that, I had really high hopes for Tennant's end as the Doctor but it just hurt me so much.  There were so many things that were just... wrong with it.  Davies really has a talent for setting you up for something grand and amazing only to disappoint on every aspect imaginable.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #24 on: 24 February, 2010, 07:44:36 pm »

I'd much rather have RTD's "extravaganzas" than stuff like CoE at the end of every season.

Still, he's not going to have anything to do with the writing in the new season. Happy now? Probably not...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Lumy
« Reply #25 on: 24 February, 2010, 07:53:12 pm »

There would never be anything like CoE in Doctor Who.  We've already established it's something that just wouldn't happen.  I just want something that isn't filled with fanservice and Russel T. Davies wankery.

I suppose that's true.  I'm still not sure about Steve Moffet.  I loved Blink but I absolutely hated the forest of the dead and the whole "doctor's wife" crap.  I really don't think I agree with where he's going with that since it's been confirmed she's returning in the next season.  In general, I don't like how he sets up relations between characters, particularly how he seems to try to make the Doctor into a romantic.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #26 on: 24 February, 2010, 08:42:07 pm »

I'm pretty sure I'm the only other person here who's interested in Doctor Who.  Just accept it.
Oh, Lumy. It's a pity you're so wrong all the time.
Report Spam   Logged

Lumy
« Reply #27 on: 26 February, 2010, 07:39:50 pm »

So anyway, who else is excited about Neil Gaiman writing for the next season?
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #28 on: 26 February, 2010, 07:47:07 pm »

So anyway, who else is excited about Neil Gaiman writing for the next season?

Who?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Lumy
« Reply #29 on: 26 February, 2010, 07:49:09 pm »

Now I know you're **** with me.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: