Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 01:12:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

So, did you all hear they're rebooting the Spider-man series?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, did you all hear they're rebooting the Spider-man series?  (Read 913 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #30 on: 15 January, 2011, 08:37:16 am »

Wasn't one of the principle complaints about Venom that he was too small? I think before they try to bring him back, they need to be certain they can convincingly CG him. And if this really is a total reboot, it wouldn't make much sense to bring in Carnage before Venom has another turn.

And I wouldn't mind seeing Scorpion as long as they make him look less camp. But then again I was the kind of philistine that preferred Green Goblin's movie look to his comic look, so... Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #31 on: 15 January, 2011, 08:53:58 am »

I'll repeat what I say everytime: In my opinion... Spiderman should NOT have a gritty reboot. A reboot, perhaps... but not a gritty one. If you want gritty Spiderman, just go ahead and make a movie about the Noir version of Spiderman. Spiderman is FUNNY. I'm afraid a gritty reboot will take away that funny.

Not saying the movie will be bad. Who knows, if they get some good writers on it, it could be awesome. But until I see a trailer of some kind, I will be extremely skeptical.

Also, remember emo-spidey from Spiderman 3? The part of the movie everyone thinks is stupid and bad? THe promo picture for this movie reminds me of that part.
Report Spam   Logged

Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #32 on: 15 January, 2011, 08:58:33 am »

Its possible for them to bring in Carnage if they establish that Venom is the main villian in one of the movies, then have him show up in the last half hour after going through the important plot points like actually introducing Kletus Cassidy first.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #33 on: 15 January, 2011, 09:06:49 am »

I'll repeat what I say everytime: In my opinion... Spiderman should NOT have a gritty reboot. A reboot, perhaps... but not a gritty one. If you want gritty Spiderman, just go ahead and make a movie about the Noir version of Spiderman. Spiderman is FUNNY. I'm afraid a gritty reboot will take away that funny.

Not saying the movie will be bad. Who knows, if they get some good writers on it, it could be awesome. But until I see a trailer of some kind, I will be extremely skeptical.

Also, remember emo-spidey from Spiderman 3? The part of the movie everyone thinks is stupid and bad? THe promo picture for this movie reminds me of that part.

Ever seen Kick-Ass? I think Spider-Man could work with that kind of tone. Brightly coloured and funny, with great action, but still suitably serious at times. Less swearing and violence, obviously, but still...

But I do agree that they need to give this Spidey some proper quipping moments, something that the previous movies were lacking, IIRC. I'd also prefer if this movie didn't waste its time being another origin story. They should just do what they did with The Incredible Hulk and explain Spidey's origin in the movie's intro, allowing them to jump straight into the story and portray him as a hero that's been active for some time already.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #34 on: 15 January, 2011, 09:10:13 am »

That could work, and that's how it should be, IMO. I just don't want Spiderman to become a Batman wannabe. The Dark Knight was excellent, but would suck if it starred Spiderman.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #35 on: 15 January, 2011, 09:15:27 am »

Oh definately. The problem is that Spider-Man's so commonly filled with angst by his writers, people seem to forget just how annoying he is for his enemies to fight. If they're going to give Deadpool the proper treatment, they should do the same for Spidey.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
A Duck
Dmax
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Dmax the always adorable
Mood: Dead

ME!

« Reply #36 on: 15 January, 2011, 12:41:33 pm »

I'm thinking Venom should be a second/third movie. The first movie should introduce the character who will be playing eddie, Then he gets symbioted, Works out 24/7 just like in the show/comics. Then they have a reason to make CG Venom look huge, as he should be.

Now...I don't remember much about Carnage's origins, so i'll wiki them up for now, but I do remember Venom and Carnage hating each other and working together to take down Spiderman. They could work together then just start freaking the **** out on each other at one point and spiderman intervenes hoping to  stop them both. Not perfect, but it makes more sense then spiderman three....
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #37 on: 15 January, 2011, 12:43:49 pm »

Oh definately. The problem is that Spider-Man's so commonly filled with angst by his writers, people seem to forget just how annoying he is for his enemies to fight. If they're going to give Deadpool the proper treatment, they should do the same for Spidey.
Yeah, I definitely agree.
I'm thinking Venom should be a second/third movie. The first movie should introduce the character who will be playing eddie, Then he gets symbioted, Works out 24/7 just like in the show/comics. Then they have a reason to make CG Venom look huge, as he should be.

Now...I don't remember much about Carnage's origins, so i'll wiki them up for now, but I do remember Venom and Carnage hating each other and working together to take down Spiderman. They could work together then just start freaking the **** out on each other at one point and spiderman intervenes hoping to  stop them both. Not perfect, but it makes more sense then spiderman three....

IIRC, Carnage was created when Cletus Cassidy and Eddie Brock was in the same prison. Cletus was then infected by an offspring of the symbiote, creating Carnage. At least that's what I think.
Report Spam   Logged

A Duck
Dmax
Semi-epic Post Whore

ME!

« Reply #38 on: 15 January, 2011, 12:47:20 pm »

Yeah, I definitely agree.

IIRC, Carnage was created when Cletus Cassidy and Eddie Brock was in the same prison. Cletus was then infected by an offspring of the symbiote, creating Carnage. At least that's what I think.

I think that's how poison was made actually. Carnage is a completely different Symbiote, isn't it?
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #39 on: 15 January, 2011, 12:51:54 pm »

I'm not sure actually...
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #40 on: 15 January, 2011, 01:30:11 pm »

I was so pissed seeing how the symbiote appeared in Spider-Man 3.

I haven't read the comic origin, but in the animated series, Jonah Jameson's son, an astronaut (who was actually introduced in the second movie) returns from Mars after finding some mysterious black liquid. On reentry, it breaks free and attacks the ship's team, causing it to go off course and crash on the bridge. Spider-Man goes to help people and the symbiote, recognizing his strength, attaches itself to him.

That would be far less coincidental/retarded than Peter Parker and Mary Jane making out in Central Park (on a giant **** spider-web which would make it really easy to figure out that the dude crawling on said web is Spider-Man) when a meteorite with the symbiote in it just happens to land right next to them. That was insulting to the audience.

They can remedy that with this reboot.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #41 on: 15 January, 2011, 01:33:07 pm »

I think that's how poison was made actually. Carnage is a completely different Symbiote, isn't it?

Nah, I just checked the Marvel Wiki. The Carnage Symbiote was the spawn of the Venom Symbiote.

I remember once seeing a video on youtube, probably back when Spider-Man 3 had just come out, suggesting Jim Carrey to play Cletus Kasady.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
A Duck
Dmax
Semi-epic Post Whore

ME!

« Reply #42 on: 15 January, 2011, 02:03:35 pm »

Nah, I just checked the Marvel Wiki. The Carnage Symbiote was the spawn of the Venom Symbiote.

I remember once seeing a video on youtube, probably back when Spider-Man 3 had just come out, suggesting Jim Carrey to play Cletus Kasady.

Oh, seriously? Then why is he red? @_@

That would actually be awesome...
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #43 on: 15 January, 2011, 02:09:55 pm »

To differentiate him from Venom, I suppose.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
A Duck
Dmax
Semi-epic Post Whore

ME!

« Reply #44 on: 15 January, 2011, 02:27:43 pm »

Ok, when I was thinking of offspring i thought he pulled a cellular division thing and replicated himself, but Carnage is actually an Asexual offspring. That makes much more sense. >_>

But that being so...How the **** do they(venom and carnage) have a baby together if they asexually reproduce and can only have one offspring per life? I suppose Carnage could have actually used it's offspring, but still... Ugh... Are they like plants that can reproduce in both ways? Do they just ignore the fact that they are technically related? **** comic books...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: