Ultimate Paradise
20 April, 2024, 08:32:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Why was the third pic of my sig deleted without warning?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why was the third pic of my sig deleted without warning?  (Read 2231 times)
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #15 on: 02 March, 2010, 10:31:35 am »

To play devil's advocate, we've all been on this site for at least a year. This isn't the first time there's been problems with Adol's sig. He should be held accountable for going against the rules:

Right now, our limit on sigs is that on the average monitor, a post (text, sig, and all) with one line of text must not be larger than the screen. Be warned, if you have a higher-res monitor, you may end up pushing it if you're using your monitor to measure your screen-height post. If your sig grows exceedingly large, chances are a staff member (mostly likely me) will contact you via PM, asking you to shrink it. You can do this by either removing larger pictures or scaling them down. If you care about your pic that much, then I'm sure you'll be able to find the time to find a pic-resizer online. If you ask nicely, I'm sure anyone would be kind enough to help you (provided you ask the right people  Wink )
You can also use this code to try to resize your pictures directly. I personally don't think it's as effective unless you spend a bit of time working out the ratios to prevent pixelation and/or stretching, but whatever you prefer:
Code:

[img width=48 height=48]
http://somesite/image.gif
[/ img]

We're currently trying to figure out what would be best, so just co-operate with us on this for now until we work out a better limit. [/size]

Yes, it says the staff will contact you, but this is like an armed robber filing a complaint against a cop for getting shot when he was trying to surrender; if he wasn't committing a crime, he wouldn't have gotten shot.

And you can't expect all staff to be infinitely patient/above getting emotionally involved. It's frustrating when you feel like the only one in a group doing work, so 911's reaction isn't unfounded.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: