Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 10:14:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Why was the third pic of my sig deleted without warning?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why was the third pic of my sig deleted without warning?  (Read 2129 times)
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #15 on: 02 March, 2010, 09:03:24 am »

Uh, if Adol's sig does take up a lot of space on some monitors, then it should be edited since it's in the rules. It looks fine on mine, but apparently it's huge on Maniac's, Nikoleis' and 911's. And attitude isn't regulated on this site, so yeah.

This isn't a challenge to you, ESH. I don't want you to go off on me for this. It's just 911 is probably tired of rules not being enforced.
Of course it's reasonable demands on the sig.... I have no problems with that....

But....

And he should Inform people when he moderates them. Basic **** courtesy, 'scuse my language.

That and of course the way he responded.... He should be pissed at people for accidentally breaking the rules and then not telling them.... It's not really enforcing the rules if he doesn't tell anybody what rules may have been broken....

I just think that it isn't the way a mod should act.... That's what I've been tryng to tell him but he just doesn't listen....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #16 on: 02 March, 2010, 10:31:35 am »

To play devil's advocate, we've all been on this site for at least a year. This isn't the first time there's been problems with Adol's sig. He should be held accountable for going against the rules:

Right now, our limit on sigs is that on the average monitor, a post (text, sig, and all) with one line of text must not be larger than the screen. Be warned, if you have a higher-res monitor, you may end up pushing it if you're using your monitor to measure your screen-height post. If your sig grows exceedingly large, chances are a staff member (mostly likely me) will contact you via PM, asking you to shrink it. You can do this by either removing larger pictures or scaling them down. If you care about your pic that much, then I'm sure you'll be able to find the time to find a pic-resizer online. If you ask nicely, I'm sure anyone would be kind enough to help you (provided you ask the right people  Wink )
You can also use this code to try to resize your pictures directly. I personally don't think it's as effective unless you spend a bit of time working out the ratios to prevent pixelation and/or stretching, but whatever you prefer:
Code:

[img width=48 height=48]
http://somesite/image.gif
[/ img]

We're currently trying to figure out what would be best, so just co-operate with us on this for now until we work out a better limit. [/size]

Yes, it says the staff will contact you, but this is like an armed robber filing a complaint against a cop for getting shot when he was trying to surrender; if he wasn't committing a crime, he wouldn't have gotten shot.

And you can't expect all staff to be infinitely patient/above getting emotionally involved. It's frustrating when you feel like the only one in a group doing work, so 911's reaction isn't unfounded.
Report Spam   Logged

Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #17 on: 02 March, 2010, 10:53:32 am »

Just to be clear 911 is far from the only one working around here.... You'd know this if we'd talk about making us more open but that never happens....

And it's hard to tell if your sig is ok.... My playstation browser makes all sigs look larger than they are on my screen right now.... I think the sig thing is only punishable if they know why it's changed and change it back right after.... I know that now you're thinking that that's what happened here but I did say it seemed ok at the time.... I judged wrong there but still Adol isn't blame....

The thing I'm trying to say is that 911 shouldn't act like that.... He can be annoyed but he can't talk like that.... He's on the staff and he's dealing with site matters.... He should show some restraint....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #18 on: 02 March, 2010, 10:59:35 am »

Know that we are taking steps to implement transparency and we are hoping to have some sort of system in place very shortly.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #19 on: 02 March, 2010, 11:06:41 am »

I said 911 probably feels that way, not that that's the case. We've been told before that you guys are doing a lot behind the scenes.

What I've gathered is that your problem is with 911's response. And what about users? If I posted that message, there would be no action taken. Is the image of the staff what you're worried about?

Should staff be required to remind people of the rules/inform them after the fifth time they've made the same offense?

Know that we are taking steps to implement transparency and we are hoping to have some sort of system in place very shortly.

No offense, but that sounds like such bullshit. It sounds like you guys have nothing to show and are just being dismissive. Why not just say what all you guys do? Government policy documents are available to the public; why not do the same here?
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #20 on: 02 March, 2010, 11:13:10 am »

That's exactly the idea, to post a summary of our deliberations for this most recent ordeal in a topic called "summary of administrative deliberations"* and post everything like that in there from now on.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Jawooooooooooo
« Reply #21 on: 02 March, 2010, 11:14:20 am »

Everything sounds like bullshit until you actually see it. So you're just going to have to wait to see it.
It's bad enough the staff can't collaborate with each other at the exact same times due to each of us having differing schedules when it comes to time on the internet, so if we have to wait for our own actions to be taken then you'll wait as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #22 on: 02 March, 2010, 11:16:54 am »

Until then, will we have to wait for answers to these questions?:

And what about users? If I posted that message, there would be no action taken. Is the image of the staff what you're worried about?

Should staff be required to remind people of the rules/inform them after the fifth time they've made the same offense?
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #23 on: 02 March, 2010, 11:30:24 am »

You may very well.
Report Spam   Logged

Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #24 on: 02 March, 2010, 11:32:53 am »

I know the staff is slow and doesn't seem to do anything and I wanna fix that.... But even that seems to be taking too long.... Now maybe the slowness is why 911 punishes users and doesn't tell anybody why.... But it doesn't takes too long to post a topic on the board and then PM the person.... It's not like getting approval for a new board or changing the way things work.... We know the rules.... But now I'm going on a tangent.... Sorry....

Anyway.... I could just take it upon myself to do this transparency thing.... I'd cause trouble.... 911 would say if I can do this then he can do that, I'm wrong, blah blah blah.... Everybody would be mad at me.... But hey better that making a topic only to get derailed into "ESH is bad admin blah blah blah".... Yeah....

I have some ideas for a new punishment system too but I'll keep it to myself for awhile.... Untill things are sorted out....

Anyway.... The users can't threaten to turn your profile into a joke so it is a different kettle of fish.... If we show that we don't follow our own rules, that we can do what we want and show you no respect would you want to follow the rules?

And this is a minor offense and not intentional....

You know it's good t have someone challenge us on things Spring but it'd work better if you could see what we're doing.... I'd like to let you see.... It'd probably help alot....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #25 on: 02 March, 2010, 11:40:53 am »

Anyway.... I could just take it upon myself to do this transparency thing.... I'd cause trouble.... 911 would say if I can do this then he can do that, I'm wrong, blah blah blah.... Everybody would be mad at me.... But hey better that making a topic only to get derailed into "ESH is bad admin blah blah blah".... Yeah....

I have some ideas for a new punishment system too but I'll keep it to myself for awhile.... Untill things are sorted out....

Just throw it out there. If all of you want what's best for the site, then there won't be arguments, only discussion.

Who should I talk to one-on-one? I feel like you guys aren't saying anything because this is public.
Report Spam   Logged

Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #26 on: 02 March, 2010, 11:46:10 am »

Just throw it out there. If all of you want what's best for the site, then there won't be arguments, only discussion.

I wish I could say that's true.... But somehow it never is.... Somebody will always bring up something else or for no reason be agaist it....

Try Jawo'.... Though I'm happy to post anything you want to know.... Go ahead....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #27 on: 02 March, 2010, 12:30:26 pm »

I acted like that, because I have had to edit his sig at least three times before for having dumb half-naked bimbos. I felt I shouldn't have to remind him, because I told him before that his sig was pushing the limit and that not everyone is going to appreciate it.

I apologize, but that's how I react when that scenario comes up. People annoy me, newsflash newsflash not like I'm going to go "um excuse me mistah adol sir, may you please get rid of those fake breasted women? Pwetty pwease?" after I've done it before.
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #28 on: 02 March, 2010, 02:40:24 pm »

I'm reminded of this:

http://newssbb.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,32367.0.html

Do the people who felt this mod's response justified (Jawo, Manaic) feel the same about 911 right now?
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #29 on: 02 March, 2010, 04:23:38 pm »

This must be the fifth time Adol has posted a topic about a picture in his sig being deleted for this reason, which should more than enough for Adol to get the point. Seeing as I'm get getting 1600 pixels of height each time Adol posts, I cannot friggin' blame 911 for doing this and it should be done more often. Also, I'll say this: most of the punishments 911 has dealt pale in comparison to what should have been done or would have on any other site for that matter.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: