Ultimate Paradise
16 April, 2024, 02:22:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

[Info]: Do not log on the PSN with fat PS3!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Info]: Do not log on the PSN with fat PS3!  (Read 518 times)
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

Mood: ...

Back as soon as I CAN SEE IT, CAN'T SEE 3D!

« Reply #15 on: 02 March, 2010, 05:54:46 am »

I'm making this post here to say that it will happen again in 2014. Mark my words!
Report Spam   Logged
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #16 on: 02 March, 2010, 06:12:23 am »

Will we even have PS3s by then?

Nobody will notice it if it did happen....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #17 on: 02 March, 2010, 09:25:52 am »

The PS3 isn't a PS2, it's not going to stick around even half as long as the PS2 is doing now. Once the PS4 hits with full PS1 and PS2 backwards-compatibility, no one will give a crap about the PS3 and it'll probably fallout completely from the market in about one or two years. Same as how the original Xbox fellout when the 360 hit, because it was a giant paperweight with bigass paperweight controllers and overrated online-play.
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #18 on: 02 March, 2010, 10:17:53 am »

The PS3 isn't a PS2, it's not going to stick around even half as long as the PS2 is doing now. Once the PS4 hits with full PS1 and PS2 backwards-compatibility, no one will give a crap about the PS3 and it'll probably fallout completely from the market in about one or two years. Same as how the original Xbox fellout when the 360 hit, because it was a giant paperweight with bigass paperweight controllers and overrated online-play.

^
Report Spam   Logged

Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #19 on: 02 March, 2010, 04:54:40 pm »

Except the whole dealie where this generation is almost certain to last longer than the recent generations past. It's not implausible for it to be almost a ten year generation. Sony and Microsoft are only just getting their motion control stuff going, even.
Report Spam   Logged
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #20 on: 02 March, 2010, 04:56:44 pm »

^
Report Spam   Logged

Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #21 on: 02 March, 2010, 04:58:23 pm »

True.... I do get the sense it'll be longer.... The PS3 still has alot going for it as does the 360.... And the Wii just makes too much money....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #22 on: 03 March, 2010, 01:29:09 pm »

I really really doubt it'll be that much longer, the entire industry is built on putting out products that range from minor to major upgrades to get consumers to shelve out another 100-900 dollars on their new product. The first iPod was only 5 GBs and now it's all the way up to like 200. Computers get bigger and better parts such as hard drives, gfx cards, and other stuff. TVs are only getting bigger and bigger and we're now moving from DVD format to Blu-Ray. As proved by the last thing I mentioned, it doesn't even have to be that much of a huge difference, and I've already posted about my hatred of how almost useless the Blu-Ray movement is for film.

Granted, this doesn't disprove that Ninty may or may not put out a Wii "Elite" with HD capability and a harddrive and that's that, but one must still make a step up in terms of power and with the most likely paranoia of the competitors making a huge jump with their new system and the consumers getting tired of the motion sensor stuff. It can still encourage them to make a real new console rather than a simple fifty or hundred dollar more upgrade like the 360 Elite.

tl;dr: Technology will constantly be moving forward, not just for the sake of the movement to Jetsons life, but to make the consumer take out their wallet to the same companies
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #23 on: 03 March, 2010, 05:14:51 pm »

The truth is spoken in the above post.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print