Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 07:05:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Imma get FFXIII

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Imma get FFXIII  (Read 677 times)
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #30 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:23:30 am »

It's pretty much come down to either Snow, Lightning and Sazh, or Lightning, Fang, and Hope. Paradigms? I cycle through so many of them based on the situation, so I generally keep around as many different combinations as I can,

When it comes to weapons, I couldn't tell you their names... I think except for Snow and maybe Vanille, they're all using their original weapons, though upgraded some.
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #31 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:28:08 am »

So why're you having so much trouble?
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #32 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:33:50 am »

I have no idea. I just get attacked before my movement bar things fill up. While I'm trying to heal myself, I get attacked more and die.
Not to mention that these attacks do a ton of damage to me.
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #33 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:38:34 am »

You need to learn about switch refilling.

Basically, once you've built up a full ATB bar and used it, if you switch to a different paradigm, you'll have a full ATB bar again.

Everything else, I suggest GFAQs.
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #34 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:44:00 am »

Kinda figured out the switching thing on my own... Guess I should put more use into it.

A quick look over GameFAQs made it sound like I've completely, hopelessly screwed myself over in regards to weapon upgrading >_>
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #35 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:44:26 am »

How?
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #36 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:57:32 am »

A guide said something about waiting until like. chapter 12 to start upgrading, and using specific parts to maximize the amount of EXP you get out of them.

I, of course, ran off to play with the upgrading system as soon as I got it, spending any and whatever components I had. Afterward I leveled up my weapons at random intervals when I had lots of components.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #37 on: 27 March, 2010, 01:04:01 am »

That doesn't really matter. All you need is a steady income of gil...how much do you have at the moment anyways? Anyways, what you do is, you get that guide on the boards with about 200 posts in it, you read it, and you follow it. It should work for your weapons. As for fights...if all else fails, Libra and SAB/MED/SYN. Against the hard single enemies, anyways. Everything else should be easy enough with a mix of COM/RAV paradigms and Combat Clinic (the SEN/MED/MED one)
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #38 on: 27 March, 2010, 01:14:19 am »

Welllllll........ I kinda spent all my money on potions and Phoenix Downs... Which I can clearly see now was a bad idea... (The potions, not the Phoenix Downs) Having 99 potions really isn't helping me considering they heal so little. Might as well just rely on Medics now, which is what I do anyway...

I'll remember those strategies. I haven't used Saboteurs and Synergists as much due to my fears of dying instantly. Considering how much Fortisols and Aegisols have helped me, I don't know why I haven't used SAB/SYN as much...
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #39 on: 27 March, 2010, 01:16:58 am »

Potions? Really? And pheonix downs? When Medics have an ability called Raise that does the exact same thing?

And how do you still have Fortisols and Aegisols? They're pretty much rewards for doing bad at battles. It should be a rare occasion that you get anything less than 3 stars, and getting 4 stars should be at least your average.
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #40 on: 27 March, 2010, 01:24:43 am »

Yeah, they're pretty much remnants... I think I'm gonna sell them and use that guide and buy useful components.

And no, I don't have any Fortisols or Aegisols left... I actually went a fairly long time without using them though. Typical "Save this until I REALLY REALLY need it" behavior.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #41 on: 27 March, 2010, 01:28:52 am »

I usually save them for bosses and hard normal encounters.

Sell most of them, but keep some. And you don't really need to upgrade your weapons all that much. At least not before the aftergame.
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #42 on: 27 March, 2010, 01:34:21 am »

Alright. So it pretty much comes down to "Use better strategies." At least I have a grip on what to do now. I'll see how this works out tomorrow...
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #43 on: 27 March, 2010, 01:37:22 am »

Trust me, once you get to the boss of Ch11 and more Vetalas, you're going to be frustrated far more than you are now. Dahaka is pretty easy, so you don't need to worry much there.
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #44 on: 27 March, 2010, 01:56:07 am »

...Great. >_>

Heh, I think the only recent boss battle I DIDN'T die on was Cid Raines.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: