Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 04:02:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pokemon Fanfic Idea

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon Fanfic Idea  (Read 6137 times)
IngSlayer
~Baffling Artist~
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

« Reply #15 on: 26 March, 2010, 07:17:59 pm »

"We've added another hundred to the amount you can catch!"  ...Is that all?

Basically. Diamond/Pearl/Platinum haven't made any significant new changes to the overall gameplay.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #16 on: 26 March, 2010, 07:21:31 pm »

I stick to themes. My flying squad on Diamond was awesome, just... I can't find the cartridge.

I've never been able to stick to one type. I like to cover my bases.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #17 on: 26 March, 2010, 09:26:29 pm »

I'll make a basic idea of my trainer tomorrow. I'll probably add to her as I come up with new ideas, but I'll just write down the basics tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #18 on: 26 March, 2010, 09:28:17 pm »

*grumbles about working a 12 to 9 shift*

So anyways, lets get started with the most basic starting block: the trainers. I already have an idea of who my character is.

Now time to see what you guys want to do.

And the first thing we need to get out of the way is this: Who wants to have their trainer being the one taking the gym challenge?

I figure that only one trainer in the group should take the challenge. That way, every time we come across a gym, I don't have to write multiple chapters for multiple characters facing the gym leader.

So...who wants to take this role? I'm passing on it, since I figure it would be nicer to allow you guys a chance at it instead of automatically taking it since I'm the author. Also, I have something special in mind for my character's goals.

Once we get this out of the way, we can discuss what other kinds of roles the other main trainers should fill.
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #19 on: 26 March, 2010, 09:40:03 pm »

Well, I plan to have my character be a sort of impulsive and hot headed girl who wants to prove her strength, so in theory it would make sense for her to be the one who would want to take them.

HOWEVER.

If Gar, Hawk or David would rather want their characters to be the ones to take them, I can be convinced to step down if necessary. I won't fight ultra hard for this position, but it'd make sense for my character to want it.
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #20 on: 26 March, 2010, 09:45:50 pm »

....ILS, your character reminds me of one of the main trainers I originally planned to use in the original version of this story idea before I decided to invite the rest of you guys in.
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #21 on: 26 March, 2010, 09:48:10 pm »

Heh, really? Well, it is a kind of typical character type. I mainly want to make her that way, since I don't think I've ever made that kind of character before.
Report Spam   Logged

NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

Mood: ...

Back as soon as I CAN SEE IT, CAN'T SEE 3D!

« Reply #22 on: 26 March, 2010, 10:51:27 pm »

Question: Is the Team Rocket somewhere to be seen? And by this, I mean THE Team Rocket... or any comic relief for that matter.
Report Spam   Logged
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #23 on: 26 March, 2010, 11:06:19 pm »

Ah! I almost forgot to mention this.

THIS STORY IS NOT SET IN THE ANIME CONTINUITY!

It's mostly based off of the games, but I may steal certain concepts from the Pokemon Special manga.

So no, Ash does not exist in this story at all, nor do any other anime only characters.

However, Red does exist in this story. His personality will probably be based off of his personality in the manga, as will his team....that is, if I decide to give him a cameo.

Like I said, this story takes place in a new region, so do not automatically expect tons of familiar faces. I will throw in some of my favorite canon characters in as cameos, but I'm not going to saturate the story with them. The characters will have a reason to be there.

But yes, there will be comic relief. The story is going to be written with the tone of a shounen anime series: A mix of action, drama, and comedy.
Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

Mood: ...

Back as soon as I CAN SEE IT, CAN'T SEE 3D!

« Reply #24 on: 26 March, 2010, 11:30:15 pm »

Ok, I just wanted to clarify this!

Team Rocket: "And with this comment we're blasting off again!!! *Ding*"
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #25 on: 27 March, 2010, 05:06:41 am »

So it'll be kind of like the Pokemo Special manga? Coolz.

Will write about my character later today.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #26 on: 27 March, 2010, 08:26:15 am »

*grumbles about working a 12 to 9 shift*

So anyways, lets get started with the most basic starting block: the trainers. I already have an idea of who my character is.

Now time to see what you guys want to do.

And the first thing we need to get out of the way is this: Who wants to have their trainer being the one taking the gym challenge?

I figure that only one trainer in the group should take the challenge. That way, every time we come across a gym, I don't have to write multiple chapters for multiple characters facing the gym leader.

So...who wants to take this role? I'm passing on it, since I figure it would be nicer to allow you guys a chance at it instead of automatically taking it since I'm the author. Also, I have something special in mind for my character's goals.

Once we get this out of the way, we can discuss what other kinds of roles the other main trainers should fill.

I kinda figured your character would be the one to take the gym challenge.

As far as goals go, I only know that I don't want my character doing contests. I never had much time or patience for them...

Also...

Ah! I almost forgot to mention this.

THIS STORY IS NOT SET IN THE ANIME CONTINUITY!

It's mostly based off of the games, but I may steal certain concepts from the Pokemon Special manga.

So no, Ash does not exist in this story at all, nor do any other anime only characters.

I'm very thankful for this. Though it would be funny for one or more of the characters to come across Ash and beat him up or something... Or Team Rocket for that matter.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #27 on: 27 March, 2010, 10:42:35 am »

Name: Min Ignacia
Height: 164 cm (5’4”)
Apperance: A young looking girl, with black hair set up in two small childish pony-tails. She usually wears a T-shirt and a skirt, though she occasionally wears shorts instead of the skirt. In general, anything that’s easy to move around in. Doesn’t look muscular per say, but she definitely looks more athletic than normal 14 year olds.

Main pokemon: (her “Pikachu” if you will.) Riolu, nicknamed Lulu.
Additional pokemon: Vulpix (nicknamed Pixie) , Cyndaquil (nicknamed Cynder), Tyrogue (nicknamed Rogue)

Bio: Min, often called Mi among friends, is an impulsive, hot headed and determined girl. Once her mind gets set on a goal, you can count on the fact that she will without doubt achieve it, if not through skill, then through sheer determination and will power. She spends a lot of time training both her pokemon, and her own body, believing she needs to set an example for them. In wild battles, and in few trainer battles, she’s even been known to step in front of her pokemon, to guard them against an incoming attack. In a few battles, she even comes out more injured than her pokemon. She seeks to prove her strength as a trainer, and has a tendency to want to have a friendly battle with everyone, occasionally even the friends she’s travelling with. If she loses she often demands rematches. She’s fearless, and is likely to butt heads with trainers and fight wild pokemon much stronger and fiercer than herself. Despite this behavior, she’s fiercely loyal to her friends, believing them to be the best thing on the journey. She also has a strange tendency to shout a lot when she gets excited.

If there’s one thing that aggravates her, it’s being called “just a little girl” or any variations of that, indicating she’s a harmless kid. It can really **** her off, or even make her explode with anger (often to the amusement of her friends). She’s a disastrous cook, unable to make even the simplest of foods without it turning out as a deadly concoction, capable of making everyone , surprisingly except herself, sick. She also has a slight dislike for any pokemon that can fly. It isn’t a crippling fear, but it is just about the only thing that can make her hesitate or whimper. Her very first pokemon was Riolu, whom she has grown up with. Therefore, he shares many similar traits with her.

Thinks of pokemon as her equals, and as her fighting companions.

Life motto: “I will never give up. No matter what it is, I’ll power through until the very end!”
Tropes:
Berserk button (the previously mentioned “just a little girl” sentence.
Determinator (both her and Riolu)
Nakama (how she thinks of her pokemon, and her friends)
Cute Bruiser (Strong, but not inhumanly so)
Lethal Chef (Self explanatory)
« Last Edit: 27 March, 2010, 07:36:17 pm by I_like_RavenAndJudith » Report Spam   Logged

Hawk_v3
Epic Post Whore

I'm: Hawk
Mood: Horny

« Reply #28 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:09:58 pm »

>v> Huh. I dunno, the only thing I'd've stuck mine with is flying or flying/* only in mah group. I don't mind taking the gyms on, mostly because it'd be my kinda personality to show that you don't need a "optimised" group in order to win.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #29 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:13:47 pm »

I just don't have one particular type that appeals to me that much.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: