Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 02:14:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pokemon Fanfic Idea

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon Fanfic Idea  (Read 6229 times)
IngSlayer
~Baffling Artist~
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

« Reply #30 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:14:35 pm »

I guess I'll give this a shot:

Name: Teriz
Height: 6’00”
Appearance: Navy blue pants with dark brown shoes, maroon undershirt, and a black coat and black fedora. Flesh is somewhat dark.
Main Pokemon: Lucario (Speaks English through Telepathy)
Additional Pokemon: Gardevoir (Shiina; also speaks English through Telepathy), Typhlosion, Raichu (Chu)

Bio: Teriz is a lax trainer who often comes off as nonchalant. He received an egg from a friend of his, which turned out to be a Riolu, whom eventually evolved into a Lucario. For years, Teriz and Lucario have been close friends, traveling the world for entertainment and to explore new places. Teriz generally minds his own business, not usually talking to others unless it involves something important. He's a nyctophobic; combined with his disdain for Zubats, he HATES caves. When he has nothing to do, he often draws to pass the time.

Pokemon personalities:
Lucario: Calm, somewhat casual
Shiina: Soft spoken, kind, down to Earth
Typhlosion: Hot Blooded; doesn't pick fights, but is always ready for one
Chu: Friendly and somewhat mischievous

Trope(s):
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheDrifter
« Last Edit: 27 March, 2010, 03:03:31 pm by IngSlayer » Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #31 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:35:19 pm »

If Hawk takes the gyms on (which I'm fine with, if he does. As I said, I'm not going to fight teeth and claw to get it), I have no idea what Min's goal would be... She's essentially the type of character that I play. She doesn't breed pokemon, she doesn't do contests, she doesn't catch them all... she just runs through the game and powerlevels >_>
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #32 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:39:28 pm »

Same here.

...I'm really quite bad at this...
« Last Edit: 27 March, 2010, 12:44:13 pm by Mayuri Kurotsuchi » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

Mood: ...

Back as soon as I CAN SEE IT, CAN'T SEE 3D!

« Reply #33 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:44:20 pm »

The way I see it, Min's best role would be the rival, which does not seek badges, but still obtains these by beating the best trainers she can meet. And would rage against the main protagonist who beat her on behalf of friendship instead of sheer power.

My two cents.
Report Spam   Logged
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #34 on: 27 March, 2010, 05:40:40 pm »

[sigh]

I'd say if Min's not the gym battler, how about a trainer who battles for the fun of battling? Like Goku.
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #35 on: 27 March, 2010, 05:53:37 pm »

Ah...falling...behind...due to work....curse you Home Depot!!!

Hmm....I definitely like ILS's character....but I'm not 100% set on making him the gym battler.

But I was thinking about this at work, and I've figured out a couple of goals characters could have besides gyms and contests.

Hawk, you said your character is going to specialize in flying types, correct?
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #36 on: 27 March, 2010, 05:55:11 pm »

But I was thinking about this at work, and I've figured out a couple of goals characters could have besides gyms and contests.

I would like to hear these, please.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Hawk_v3
Epic Post Whore

I'm: Hawk
Mood: Horny

« Reply #37 on: 27 March, 2010, 05:59:12 pm »

What's up, David?

Hawk, you said your character is going to specialize in flying types, correct?

Yeah. I dislike optimised teams, like all this "The best mood is Adamant" and crap on forums.
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #38 on: 27 March, 2010, 06:11:48 pm »

Well, I actually took a shot in the dark that your character might specialize in flying types, and came up with a goal for him.

Perhaps your character dreams of someday opening his own gym specializing in the Flying type, so he's traveling to do two things: build a team of strong Flying type Pokemon, and to observe the battling styles of various trainers so he can plan his strategies for when he becomes a Gym Leader someday.

The cool thing is, one of the gyms in this region is a Flying type gym, so your character would probably see that gym leader as a role model.

As for another goal I thought of....

I came up with a unique spin on Pokeathlon from HG & SS. Instead of all Pokeathlon events taking place in one location, various cities will randomly hold Pokeathlon meets, with each meet focusing on a different kind of competition. Maybe one of the trainers is a looking to become a Pokeathlon champion?

I'm still trying to come up with a few other ideas.
Report Spam   Logged
Hawk_v3
Epic Post Whore

I'm: Hawk
Mood: Horny

« Reply #39 on: 27 March, 2010, 06:18:15 pm »

Neato. You want me to come up with a basic trainer, or one who's already travelled a bit and got a few decent 'mon/ideas?
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #40 on: 27 March, 2010, 06:31:36 pm »

I came up with a unique spin on Pokeathlon from HG & SS. Instead of all Pokeathlon events taking place in one location, various cities will randomly hold Pokeathlon meets, with each meet focusing on a different kind of competition. Maybe one of the trainers is a looking to become a Pokeathlon champion?
If someone else would rather have the gym leader thing, this is something I could see Min wanting to do. Perhaps ending up with a big final tournament late in the story.

The whole "wanting to battle everyone" thing could be her wanting to strengthen her pokemon in real battles, instead of just training them. She WILl be a character who likes to battle, though <_<
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #41 on: 27 March, 2010, 06:38:54 pm »

I was originally going to say "Everyone starts with one Pokemon", but after reading ILS's profile, I think I'll say everyone can have up to three starting Pokemon.

And I think that the main trainers have probably been trainers for a short time already, so they're not exactly rookies, but they're still relatively new.

Also, ILS....could you chose three of Min's Pokemon for her to start with? She can catch the one you leave out later if you want. I just don't want the trainers starting with too many Pokemon.

Give me a bit, and I'll post my trainer's profile.

And before anyone thinks I missed these.

I guess I'll give this a shot:

Name: Teriz
Height: 6’00”
Appearance: Navy blue pants with dark brown shoes, maroon undershirt, and a black coat and black fedora. Flesh is somewhat dark.
Main Pokemon: Lucario (Speaks English through Telepathy)
Additional Pokemon: Gardevoir (Shiina; also speaks English through Telepathy), Typhlosion, Raichu (Chu)

Bio: Teriz is a lax trainer who often comes off as nonchalant. He received an egg from a friend of his, which turned out to be a Riolu, whom eventually evolved into a Lucario. For years, Teriz and Lucario have been close friends, traveling the world for entertainment and to explore new places. Teriz generally minds his own business, not usually talking to others unless it involves something important. He's a nyctophobic; combined with his disdain for Zubats, he HATES caves. When he has nothing to do, he often draws to pass the time.

Pokemon personalities:
Lucario: Calm, somewhat casual
Shiina: Soft spoken, kind, down to Earth
Typhlosion: Hot Blooded; doesn't pick fights, but is always ready for one
Chu: Friendly and somewhat mischievous

Trope(s):
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheDrifter

*marks this one down as another potential recurring cast member*

[sigh]

I'd say if Min's not the gym battler, how about a trainer who battles for the fun of battling? Like Goku.

Like this idea....might do this, and give Gar the job of gym battling, but not until Gar at least makes a character outline.
I want to see all potential candidates for the position of "Gym Battler" before I render my final decision.

Also felt this was worth mentioning: I feel the main group of trainers should have a limit of one Starter Pokemon per trainer. By Starter Pokemon, I of course mean Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Mudkip, etc. I actually dislike in the anime how Ash always got multiple starters, and think it's a bit cheesy.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #42 on: 27 March, 2010, 06:45:33 pm »

[sigh]

Like this idea....might do this, and give Gar the job of gym battling, but not until Gar at least makes a character outline.
I want to see all potential candidates for the position of "Gym Battler" before I render my final decision.

Hm... I might not have a proper character outline yet, but I do have the beginnings of a personality. Basically my character would be pretty insecure and unsure of himself, and maybe someone could enter him into the gym challenge to build his confidence as a trainer.

...So you think getting all three starters is cheesy? >_> (*always hacks his game or uses other means to get all three starters at the beginning*)
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #43 on: 27 March, 2010, 06:48:57 pm »

[sigh]

Hm... I might not have a proper character outline yet, but I do have the beginnings of a personality. Basically my character would be pretty insecure and unsure of himself, and maybe someone could enter him into the gym challenge to build his confidence as a trainer.

...So you think getting all three starters is cheesy? >_> (*always hacks his game or uses other means to get all three starters at the beginning*)

Ooh, I like it so far.

And when I say that, I mean that, in a story about Pokemon, I think it's cheesy. In the games, no. I mean, isn't the goal to catch them all?

Besides, I beat like half the gyms in Platinum with a team that partially consisted of Torterra, Infernape, and Swampert. I'd be a hypocrite to call you out on that one.
Report Spam   Logged
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #44 on: 27 March, 2010, 06:50:38 pm »

So I'm not a potential candidate anymore?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: