Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 02:59:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pokemon Fanfic Idea

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon Fanfic Idea  (Read 6134 times)
Hawk_v3
Epic Post Whore

I'm: Hawk
Mood: Horny

« Reply #45 on: 27 March, 2010, 06:51:26 pm »

Are we allowed to pick from any game's sets?
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #46 on: 27 March, 2010, 06:57:22 pm »

[sigh]

I'd say if Min's not the gym battler, how about a trainer who battles for the fun of battling? Like Goku.

Like this idea....might do this, and give Gar the job of gym battling, but not until Gar at least makes a character outline.
I want to see all potential candidates for the position of "Gym Battler" before I render my final decision.

Hm... I might not have a proper character outline yet, but I do have the beginnings of a personality. Basically my character would be pretty insecure and unsure of himself, and maybe someone could enter him into the gym challenge to build his confidence as a trainer.

...So you think getting all three starters is cheesy? >_> (*always hacks his game or uses other means to get all three starters at the beginning*)

Ooh, I like it so far.

And when I say that, I mean that, in a story about Pokemon, I think it's cheesy. In the games, no. I mean, isn't the goal to catch them all?

Besides, I beat like half the gyms in Platinum with a team that partially consisted of Torterra, Infernape, and Swampert. I'd be a hypocrite to call you out on that one.

Meh, fair enough.

And actually, if your character is anything like you or "dojo Zeldafan" I could see her being the one to enter my character in the gym challenge.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #47 on: 27 March, 2010, 07:01:18 pm »

O
I was originally going to say "Everyone starts with one Pokemon", but after reading ILS's profile, I think I'll say everyone can have up to three starting Pokemon.

And I think that the main trainers have probably been trainers for a short time already, so they're not exactly rookies, but they're still relatively new.

Also, ILS....could you chose three of Min's Pokemon for her to start with? She can catch the one you leave out later if you want. I just don't want the trainers starting with too many Pokemon.
Oh, you don't have to change your original plan just because of that. I wasn't sure how many pokemon we were allowed to give our characters, so I just gave her four. I would be okay with Min starting out with just Riolu.

If she were to only start with three, it'd be Riolu, Cyndaquil and Vulpix.
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #48 on: 27 March, 2010, 07:04:33 pm »

You are David, but I wasn't sure if you were still interested.
It's why I said all the candidates instead of both.

Are we allowed to pick from any game's sets?

Yes.

[sigh]

I'd say if Min's not the gym battler, how about a trainer who battles for the fun of battling? Like Goku.

Like this idea....might do this, and give Gar the job of gym battling, but not until Gar at least makes a character outline.
I want to see all potential candidates for the position of "Gym Battler" before I render my final decision.

Hm... I might not have a proper character outline yet, but I do have the beginnings of a personality. Basically my character would be pretty insecure and unsure of himself, and maybe someone could enter him into the gym challenge to build his confidence as a trainer.

...So you think getting all three starters is cheesy? >_> (*always hacks his game or uses other means to get all three starters at the beginning*)

Ooh, I like it so far.

And when I say that, I mean that, in a story about Pokemon, I think it's cheesy. In the games, no. I mean, isn't the goal to catch them all?

Besides, I beat like half the gyms in Platinum with a team that partially consisted of Torterra, Infernape, and Swampert. I'd be a hypocrite to call you out on that one.

Meh, fair enough.

And actually, if your character is anything like you or "dojo Zeldafan" I could see her being the one to enter my character in the gym challenge.

Nope! She's completely different. I'm branching out....hold on, I'll post her in a different post.

O
I was originally going to say "Everyone starts with one Pokemon", but after reading ILS's profile, I think I'll say everyone can have up to three starting Pokemon.

And I think that the main trainers have probably been trainers for a short time already, so they're not exactly rookies, but they're still relatively new.

Also, ILS....could you chose three of Min's Pokemon for her to start with? She can catch the one you leave out later if you want. I just don't want the trainers starting with too many Pokemon.
Oh, you don't have to change your original plan just because of that. I wasn't sure how many pokemon we were allowed to give our characters, so I just gave her four. I would be okay with Min starting out with just Riolu.

If she were to only start with three, it'd be Riolu, Cyndaquil and Vulpix.

We'll take a vote.
Gar, ILS, Hawk, and David:
Would you rather your character start with one or three Pokemon.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #49 on: 27 March, 2010, 07:06:50 pm »

I honestly don't mind.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #50 on: 27 March, 2010, 07:07:06 pm »

I'm fine either way, but since your original plan was to start them off as complete rookies... I'll say one. The rest can be caught at some point.

Also, if you go with the battling for fun idea that David mentioned, as opposed to gym battler or the pokeathlon idea, her philosophy could be something like "Beating the gym leaders is easy. Beating the trainers who beat the gym leaders is the real challenge."
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #51 on: 27 March, 2010, 07:12:51 pm »

Name: Raine Maple
Appearance:

Starter Pokemon: Eevee

Bio: The daughter of Professor Maple, Raine is hoping to follow in her mom's footsteps and become a world famous Pokemon Researcher. Originally from Kanto, she traveled to the new region after her mom got assigned as the lead Pokemon Professor in charge of researching the area. As such, she's out on this adventure to research Pokemon, both in their natural habitat, and in their interactions with Trainers.

Raine is a kind, intelligent girl, always spouting off facts about various Pokemon. She's incredibly curious, and never passes up the opportunity for some field research. She gets along easily with others, but she's not very assertive, so she rarely ever takes charge of anything.

She's been with her Eevvee for a long time, as it was a gift to her from her mother when she was young.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #52 on: 27 March, 2010, 07:15:56 pm »

Hm... I don't suppose there's a male version of that trainer maker thing, is there?

She sounds ike a decent character, though.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #53 on: 27 March, 2010, 07:25:45 pm »

Pretty good, pretty good... Seems like a nice character.

And I am so stealing that character thing. I've only just made the character, but TIME FOR A REDESIGN!
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #54 on: 27 March, 2010, 07:29:53 pm »

Here's the link for anyone who wants to use it:

http://hapuriainen.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-trainer-dress-up-125433419

You have to print screen in order to save your trainer, and its not that complex, but I like it. It fits the style of Pokemon.

And if you want to make a male trainer, you go to the Body section and click the little male symbol.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #55 on: 27 March, 2010, 07:31:39 pm »

Cool. I'll see what I can come up with.

So I'm guessing Raine's goal is just to see and/or capture as many pokemon as possible?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #56 on: 27 March, 2010, 07:37:06 pm »

Her appearance has been updated in the profile itself.
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #57 on: 27 March, 2010, 07:37:55 pm »

Pretty much. Basically, she wants to eventually become a famous Pokemon Researcher, one who's name is known around the world and is highly talked about in the scientific community. And to do that, she needs to see as many Pokemon as possible, learning as much about them as she can.
Report Spam   Logged
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #58 on: 27 March, 2010, 07:39:13 pm »

Name: Min Ignacia
Height: 164 cm (5’4”)
Apperance: A young looking girl, with black hair set up in two small childish pony-tails. She usually wears a T-shirt and a skirt, though she occasionally wears shorts instead of the skirt. In general, anything that’s easy to move around in. Doesn’t look muscular per say, but she definitely looks more athletic than normal 14 year olds.

Main pokemon: (her “Pikachu” if you will.) Riolu, nicknamed Lulu.
Additional pokemon: Vulpix (nicknamed Pixie) , Cyndaquil (nicknamed Cynder), Tyrogue (nicknamed Rogue)

Bio: Min, often called Mi among friends, is an impulsive, hot headed and determined girl. Once her mind gets set on a goal, you can count on the fact that she will without doubt achieve it, if not through skill, then through sheer determination and will power. She spends a lot of time training both her pokemon, and her own body, believing she needs to set an example for them. In wild battles, and in few trainer battles, she’s even been known to step in front of her pokemon, to guard them against an incoming attack. In a few battles, she even comes out more injured than her pokemon. She seeks to prove her strength as a trainer, and has a tendency to want to have a friendly battle with everyone, occasionally even the friends she’s travelling with. If she loses she often demands rematches. She’s fearless, and is likely to butt heads with trainers and fight wild pokemon much stronger and fiercer than herself. Despite this behavior, she’s fiercely loyal to her friends, believing them to be the best thing on the journey. She also has a strange tendency to shout a lot when she gets excited.

If there’s one thing that aggravates her, it’s being called “just a little girl” or any variations of that, indicating she’s a harmless kid. It can really **** her off, or even make her explode with anger (often to the amusement of her friends). She’s a disastrous cook, unable to make even the simplest of foods without it turning out as a deadly concoction, capable of making everyone , surprisingly except herself, sick. She also has a slight dislike for any pokemon that can fly. It isn’t a crippling fear, but it is just about the only thing that can make her hesitate or whimper. Her very first pokemon was Riolu, whom she has grown up with. Therefore, he shares many similar traits with her.

Thinks of pokemon as her equals, and as her fighting companions.

Life motto: “I will never give up. No matter what it is, I’ll power through until the very end!”
Tropes:
Berserk button (the previously mentioned “just a little girl” sentence.
Determinator (both her and Riolu)
Nakama (how she thinks of her pokemon, and her friends)
Cute Bruiser (Strong, but not inhumanly so)
Lethal Chef (Self explanatory)

Quoted for those who are too lazy to go back to page 2.
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #59 on: 27 March, 2010, 07:41:01 pm »

I'm probably going to repost a finalized version at some point soon... after I maybe get a little history into it the profile.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: