Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 03:21:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Yeah so hmm I dunno sort of I guess you should all watch Durarara!! immediately.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yeah so hmm I dunno sort of I guess you should all watch Durarara!! immediately.  (Read 1520 times)
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #60 on: 15 April, 2010, 01:18:23 am »

What the hell are you guys talking about, Shinra's dad is hilarious.

I expected him to be some super serious ****. Glad he isn't.
Report Spam   Logged
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #61 on: 15 April, 2010, 06:08:25 am »

Heh I thought he was funny too after he said he only said that stuff because he saw Celty...
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #62 on: 15 April, 2010, 04:47:20 pm »

His best appearance in the episode was in the ED though.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #63 on: 14 May, 2010, 08:38:31 pm »

And then Durarara went from being about Anri and only sort of interesting to being about Kida and damn awesome.
Report Spam   Logged
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #64 on: 15 May, 2010, 12:17:12 pm »

Yeah that Kida is just awesome but Kadota and his crew are even more awesome....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #65 on: 15 May, 2010, 12:49:13 pm »

Walker was pretty badass in this episode.
Report Spam   Logged
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #66 on: 15 May, 2010, 01:04:04 pm »

Yeah he's so crazy.... I loved his "I WANNA BE AN ANIME HERO GUY AHHH!" Thing he did....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #67 on: 28 May, 2010, 04:03:27 pm »

Unmarked spoilers I guess....

So Anri knows about Kida, Kida knows about Mikado, Mikado knows nothing, and Izaya knows everything....

Anri is really the only one who has full control over her group but nobody knows this and she's just the excuse for the Yellow Scarfs to take out the Dollars....

It's all going exactly as planned for Izaya....

Only Shizuo-chan can save them!

And maybe Walker.... Cause he's awesome....

Wow you should check out the episode list on Wikipedia.... It's really something else....
« Last Edit: 28 May, 2010, 04:19:32 pm by Sister » Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #68 on: 23 June, 2010, 01:41:48 pm »

Just going to bump this considering the last episode airs on Thursday this week (idk if that's Japan's thursday or ours), with subs on the afternoon of the following friday.

Might be sum SPOILERS in this post

Since the last episode, I've spent the week going back through the show. The idea being to watch about three episodes a day, which I'm pretty much still keeping up on... But I just got into the Saika arc (just finished 14), and I'm already finding it less compelling. It isn't bad, but the Dollars story just felt more hectic, upbeat, and less draggy. Not to mention the Dollars arc thing sort of came as a conclusion to the opening episodes, which were great because they dealt with all of the characters present at the time wonderfully.

Definite Spoilers now.

I'm really very worried about how effectively the ending will tie things up. When major revelations are made to the viewer earlier on, then you have to wait episodes and episodes for even the other main characters to become aware, it's frustrating, especially when ever after figuring things out, no action is taken... The main thing for this episode is it's Mikado and Masaomi and Anri all meeting up and, despite the fact that everyone knows everything now, except Anri doesn't/didn't know Mikado led Dollars, they're sort of selling it as a season/series finale-worthy plot twist.

It would work a lot better if the events leading up to this moment of 'revelation' were plotted out a bit better, and each of the three learning about the others was done much faster and in closer proximity to the end.

And Horada is a lame final seeming guy. I know this show can be really fast and get a lot done quite well in an episode, but with the slower pace recently, I doubt we're going to get any sort of real confrontation with Izaya, I doubt Shizuo wanting to go after Masaomi and the Yellow Scarves will play out very well, because there's a big possibility there with a potential realization on his part that it was Izaya who got him shot.

Bugs me how much Izaya just sort of petered out. He's controlling almost everything, but he doesn't feel connected anymore; he just sort of set the pieces up and let them play out how they would, even if it's just as he planned them to.

And what happened to Shingen. All he accomplished was telling Celty he took her head, and his presence triggering some further development of Saika. He said the higher ups of his company wanted to experiment on Celty's body, but that hasn't really... Come back since he said it, which makes me wonder why he came back at all, aside from being an Insertable Plot Progression Token

And this doesn't really bug me at all, but why did they only just add Tom and Shizuo's brother to the second opening? They at least appeared and had lines in the first half, despite never being major characters (at least in the selection of the novels that the show chose to animate), but Tom might have said one thing since then, and Shizuo's bro hasn't done anything at all in this half... Not that he did anything in the first half except for being in a flashback...

...I'm done.
Report Spam   Logged
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #69 on: 23 June, 2010, 01:52:27 pm »

You know I was playing Yakuza 3 the other day and I thought that if Durarara had a game it should be like this but you play as Shizou and beat the clothes off people.... That'd be nice....

Anyway.... Plot.... It's ok but yeah there are alot of loose ends that showed up.... Celty's head is just the tip of the iceburg.... And what was the point of that cop huh?

Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #70 on: 23 June, 2010, 02:07:12 pm »

I haven't played any Yakuza games, but it's hard to object to a game starring Shizuo.

And I have no idea. The only thing I can imagine Kinnosuke doing is arresting Horada... Except he's the traffic police, so unless Kadota and them show up and he steals their van as a get away, that ain't happening.

Though it would be pretty sweet.

SPOILERS

Kadota and the guy (Taburo? Saburo? Something...) who drives the van get out, and after Celty and Anri scare the **** out of Horada and/or Masaomi gives him a good kick in the face, he escapes to the van, and drives off in it. Celty chases, and as they speed through Ikebukuro, Kinnosuke comes in as well, first after Celty, but upon realizing she's chasing the van, they team up. Suddenly, Walker and Erika emerge from the back seat, and threaten to torture Horada, causing him to non-fatally crash or something. Then Kinnosuke arrests him, and Celty heads back to the warehouse where Shizuo is beating up yellow scarves and is about to go after Masaomi. Somehow it's explained to Shizuo that Izaya was behind it, and he gets on Celty's bike and they go to Shibuya to confront Izaya. Izaya's sitting in his chair, when he hears a crash or something. Suddenly, the door opens to Shizuo's irritated face. He begins walking over to Izaya. Namie gets in his way. He throws her out the window just because. He reaches Izaya, who just grins. Just before the screen fades to black, Shizuo says "I-za-ya-kuunnn~"

END OF SEASON.

Yes. My prediction. Also, I'm terribly amused by how many 'spelling errors' my spellcheck is picking up in that paragraph, all from Japanese names and places. And Celty. <_<

But really, he narrated an episode once, maybe twice, but I don't think he... I don't think he was even in it. Also, I'm suspecting the pacing was slowed down for, maybe, a second season? That'd be nice.
Report Spam   Logged
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #71 on: 23 June, 2010, 03:13:07 pm »

Yakuza is a beat 'em up in a sandbox with a bit of RPG.... You walk around and then some guy will spot you and fight you and then you do missions.... The main character is voiced by Simon....

That'd be good way to end it but you got the last line wrong..... It should be "IIIIIII-ZAAAAAA-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! *smash*"

Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #72 on: 23 June, 2010, 03:24:43 pm »

I was thinking of his third episode line, but yeah, that'd be better.

And I dunno what Mikado would even do. Or Anri. They'd probably go off somewhere and enjoy themselves.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #73 on: 25 June, 2010, 07:51:33 pm »

So yeah, it's over. The ending was pretty sweet, though I do have some problems with it.

And I got a few things right |:
Report Spam   Logged
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #74 on: 26 June, 2010, 12:57:24 pm »

Now to read the light novels to find out what happens next.....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: