Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 02:16:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Kick-Ass

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kick-Ass  (Read 592 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #30 on: 13 September, 2010, 10:54:33 am »

Yeah, but I'd take a less evil bad guy over the more depressing-sounding comic any day. I've also seen the costume designs for the comic verions, and, again, I much prefer the movie ones.

To be honest, actually, I think not being a brilliant bad guy would work for Red Mist. It's very in-keeping with the rest of the movie.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
FrozenIndustry
Lord Agaranok/FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

« Reply #31 on: 13 September, 2010, 11:01:03 am »

Yeah, but I'd take a less evil bad guy over the more depressing-sounding comic any day. I've also seen the costume designs for the comic verions, and, again, I much prefer the movie ones.

To be honest, actually, I think not being a brilliant bad guy would work for Red Mist. It's very in-keeping with the rest of the movie.

This is also true. Costume design was superior in the movie, and the movie was much less depressing.

Like I said, the movie was better. But I find it interesting how the idea for the graphic novel and movie was created at the same time. The creators basically all got together with the idea, and said that they wanted it to be in both medias, with the same common story, just with minor changes to make each unique. It's just that due to obvious reasons, the movie came out much later than the comic, which is why some people may mistake it for being based on the comic.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #32 on: 13 September, 2010, 11:04:59 am »

But that just makes it easier to argue against people who accuse the movie of adaptation decay. Y'know, the fact that it was always meant to be a movie as well as a comic.

Didn't they start on the movie first, though? I can't remember... Obviously, as you said, the movie would take longer to devellop than the comic, but...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
FrozenIndustry
Lord Agaranok/FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

« Reply #33 on: 13 September, 2010, 11:09:44 am »

But that just makes it easier to argue against people who accuse the movie of adaptation decay. Y'know, the fact that it was always meant to be a movie as well as a comic.

Didn't they start on the movie first, though? I can't remember... Obviously, as you said, the movie would take longer to devellop than the comic, but...

To be honest, I am not certain. I'm sure that they had to go through a lot more to get the project started, regarding pitching the movie and everything, than it did the comic.

And it isn't an adaptation, so I don't understand how it'd further that argument. They were both mean to be based off the same common story, but with clear enough differences.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #34 on: 13 September, 2010, 11:17:16 am »

To be honest, I am not certain. I'm sure that they had to go through a lot more to get the project started, regarding pitching the movie and everything, than it did the comic.

And it isn't an adaptation, so I don't understand how it'd further that argument. They were both mean to be based off the same common story, but with clear enough differences.

Yes, but some people are very stupid. I'm sure there must be at least some people in the fanbase that would read the comic, then **** about the film.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #35 on: 13 September, 2010, 12:33:10 pm »

Meh.
Report Spam   Logged