Ultimate Paradise
16 April, 2024, 03:18:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

How much has your music taste changed since you've been at this site?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How much has your music taste changed since you've been at this site?  (Read 322 times)
k3v
just k3v
Holy Ruler

Mood: Relaxed

K3V

« on: 14 April, 2010, 06:07:17 pm »

As in, have you liked anything more now? Hate what you used to like?

Basically, have you become less musically challenged.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

LuigiKong
The Master of the Kongs/LuigiKong
Legendary Member

Mood: Busy

"That's Mama LKong to you!"

« Reply #1 on: 14 April, 2010, 06:10:16 pm »

I've picked up a lot more recent stuff while I've been here, and I discovered some of the old stuff I listened to wasn't that great. A band I didn't know anything about before I came here was Tool, and I listened to them and liked them. That's just one I've picked up.
Report Spam   Logged

5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Disappointed

I'm5Bass

« Reply #2 on: 14 April, 2010, 11:31:28 pm »

i don't hate anything i used to like, i like some more stuff now- particuarly Muse, Arctic Monkeys and The Killers.
Some other stuff i want to look into as well.  and i've only hated the bands i've always hated.  so, I guess that's it.
Report Spam   Logged

Proud owner of the "First Person To Leave Dmax Speechless" Badge

Current mood is disappointed because I thought I saw the option to be "intoxicated"...
Fuuka Yamagishi
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #3 on: 14 April, 2010, 11:34:11 pm »

I.. can't say my collection has changed much. But I like a lot of different kinds of music anyway... I mostly attribute my musical taste changes to Guitar Hero/Rock Band.
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Local Mod
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #4 on: 14 April, 2010, 11:46:24 pm »

There have been a couple of artists I now love that I first heard from something posted here (Lumy posting that video with Flying Lotus, Bizzle and Soil and Pimp, etc.).

I usually get into songs after hearing them briefly in some other media (a game, a movie), so that's par for the course. I hardly just listen to music and find new stuff I like.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #5 on: 14 April, 2010, 11:53:37 pm »

Notable artists I picked up because of here are Buckethead, Tool, Mastodon, Opeth, Pink Floyd, sort of Queens of the Stone Age, and probably Iron Maiden and Dream Theater, and most of that is due to a very small concentration of users (two or three). I'm unsure of whether my love for everything progressive stemmed directly from here, but I certainly think it was nurtured if nothing else. These days I seem to have trouble remembering why stuff like Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, and Fallout Boy are in my library, but I don't delete them just because I don't have space issues and they aren't artists I directly dislike. I have also noticed that while I have gained interest in several bands from coming here, I have not succeeded in sparking interest in any bands that I like. It kind of bothers me that I can't give back, but at the end of the day, I just chock it up as other people's loss.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #6 on: 14 April, 2010, 11:59:12 pm »

I just picked up on rap.

My taste in music wasn't really influenced by BP though. I had like nothing on my iTunes before to listen though, but now I have tons. My taste has expanded dramatically from since when I first came here, which I think was in 8th grade.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #7 on: 15 April, 2010, 12:01:45 am »

When I first came on here I liked more or less anything radio rock oriented, provided it was form the 90's or 70's. As time went by I became more infatuated with grunge (which I had always loved) and, more recently, stoner rock, and I've sort of set up camp in between both of those two genres.

Also notable is that I started to listen to more rap bands (Wu-Tang in particular).
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #8 on: 15 April, 2010, 12:06:53 am »

I just picked up on rap.

My taste in music wasn't really influenced by BP though. I had like nothing on my iTunes before to listen though, but now I have tons. My taste has expanded dramatically from since when I first came here, which I think was in 8th grade.
I feel like generally people don't actually have a definite "taste" in music until early High School.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm5Bass

« Reply #9 on: 15 April, 2010, 12:11:03 am »

I'm still developing my taste, I think. 
I find I really like alternative or electronica or techno. Or classic rock or well...lots of things that have a sort of similar vein, I guess? 

I used to like rap music...but that was when I was like 14, long before I came here.
Report Spam   Logged

Current mood is disappointed because I thought I saw the option to be "intoxicated"...
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #10 on: 15 April, 2010, 12:34:17 am »

I just picked up on rap.

I feel like generally people don't actually have a definite "taste" in music until early High School.
Maybe, but I mean, I had like 50 songs in Middle School while most of my friends somehow had 200. >_> A bunch of them had pretty well-developed tastes early on.
Report Spam   Logged
5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm5Bass

« Reply #11 on: 15 April, 2010, 12:41:45 am »

I just picked up on rap.

Maybe, but I mean, I had like 50 songs in Middle School while most of my friends somehow had 200. >_> A bunch of them had pretty well-developed tastes early on.

yeah but most people who have a lot of music by that point just have a bunch of singles or whatever is currently popular for that age group.
they don't really mature and find their own actual taste.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #12 on: 15 April, 2010, 12:46:42 am »

I know, I'm just saying that my taste in music was extremely underdeveloped. It wasn't until like the end of 10th grade that I started to listen to more stuff, while people I know in my age group already had thousands of songs.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #13 on: 15 April, 2010, 08:54:53 am »

Funnily enough, my grade school had people with definite tastes (less singles and more album oriented) with the exception of myself. Going into high school I only listened to Green Day and Nirvana (not that I find that bad by any means), but by freshman year my dad and two friends had me exploring three different fronts (classic, alternative and metal respectively).
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #14 on: 15 April, 2010, 08:58:42 am »

I usually get into songs after hearing them briefly in some other media (a game, a movie), so that's par for the course. I hardly just listen to music and find new stuff I like.
That's how half the tunes on my MP3 get there.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: