Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 02:34:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Raizor's art topic of unresponsiveness and active lollygagging

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Raizor's art topic of unresponsiveness and active lollygagging  (Read 4669 times)
Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #60 on: 28 April, 2010, 08:32:24 pm »

And I don't really know how you can have a small amount of checkers on a tie as opposed to a large amount; I was talking about general fashion...
Report Spam   Logged
IngSlayer
~Baffling Artist~
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

« Reply #61 on: 28 April, 2010, 08:39:19 pm »

This talk about ties is reminding me of a short story someone I met wrote about a crazed dude getting so nervous about his date with some woman that at one point he tries to hang himself with his own tie.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #62 on: 28 April, 2010, 09:02:10 pm »

It is a bit distressing practically walking around with a noose on.
Report Spam   Logged
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #63 on: 28 April, 2010, 09:52:02 pm »

Dress clothing is a liability.
Report Spam   Logged

Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #64 on: 29 April, 2010, 12:02:04 am »

Probably why gentlemen are always such badasses. Gotta be pretty kickass to walk around like that and not get hanged or stuck in a wood chipper.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #65 on: 10 May, 2010, 07:33:51 pm »

'kay I got bored and designed a mecha and its pilots. Picture will be up soon. I've even got some ideas for it that could be really neat, but I have no idea how far I'll go with it. It's proving to be a pain in the ass because I absolutely suck at designing mechs. I just thought I'd press onwards because I figured, even if the preliminary design sucks, I can spend a few weeks tweaking its design until it works. The pilots though, I like. Their names are stupid but I love them: Fritter and Flutter.

So, that'll be like 20 minutes. Not trying to go for some "hey guys you better spend the next half hour anticipating my awful mech drawing", I just wanted to post something now <_<

I'd like it if I could get some decent feedback on this once I post it, considering this is a pretty new design for me and I'm very liberal about doing even massive changes to the design if some people think a part looks stupid / looks too much like something else / has a much better idea.
Report Spam   Logged
Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #66 on: 10 May, 2010, 07:39:25 pm »

'kay I got bored and designed a mecha and its pilots. Picture will be up soon. I've even got some ideas for it that could be really neat, but I have no idea how far I'll go with it. It's proving to be a pain in the ass because I absolutely suck at designing mechs. I just thought I'd press onwards because I figured, even if the preliminary design sucks, I can spend a few weeks tweaking its design until it works. The pilots though, I like. Their names are stupid but I love them: Fritter and Flutter.

So, that'll be like 20 minutes. Not trying to go for some "hey guys you better spend the next half hour anticipating my awful mech drawing", I just wanted to post something now <_<

I'd like it if I could get some decent feedback on this once I post it, considering this is a pretty new design for me and I'm very liberal about doing even massive changes to the design if some people think a part looks stupid / looks too much like something else / has a much better idea.

Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #67 on: 10 May, 2010, 07:40:50 pm »

olofastreply
Report Spam   Logged

Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #68 on: 10 May, 2010, 07:44:34 pm »

Yeees those are their names.

And I'm already annoyed at this drawing because I drew the legs too small. But whatever.
Report Spam   Logged
Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #69 on: 10 May, 2010, 07:46:58 pm »

Is it more Gundam than Power Rangers? A mix of the two? Neither?
Report Spam   Logged

Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #70 on: 10 May, 2010, 07:52:15 pm »

The mech design? Geez I dunno. It isn't strangely colour uncoordinated with a bunch of different themes forming into one admittedly awesome looking robot... And it doesn't have the sheer detail and visual functionality that Gundams have that makes them look like something that someone could have actually built. And then built another robot on top of.

Then added horns.

And the more I look at what I have the more I see how it looks suspiciously like other mechs I've seen and I hate it more. But that's what posting it here's gonna be for.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #71 on: 10 May, 2010, 08:05:31 pm »

**** I hate this thing already. Rip it apart.

And ignore the people those are awful drawings of them so I erase them. Wonderfully.

The thing was fun to draw when I started, because I could experiment, but the further I went with the same design, the less fun it got as I began to run out of consistent, original ideas, and the limitations of the concept became more evident and I was pretty much locked in, until I finally started absolutely hating it upon finishing his legs (last thing drawn), quite evident from the fact that his legs are completely disproportionate because I just didn't care then <_<
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #72 on: 10 May, 2010, 08:08:47 pm »

Yeah I know its face is basically Gurren-Lagann's face. I never got around to coming up with a decent face design myself, so I just said **** it and used that until I could come up with something better. Other ideas involved a mouthplate ala Mazinger but in the design of fanged teeth, but then it'd be hard to justify a neutrality theme.
Report Spam   Logged
ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Mood: Grateful

Rotom!

« Reply #73 on: 10 May, 2010, 10:24:29 pm »

Lulz, at first glance I thought he was blowing up. I would have liked to see the other chacters, though...

The hands, head, and torso are nicely drawn. I love the pose and the motion the upper body appears to have, but the legs seem a little stiff. Mid-torso looks slightly off, as if its not in the same perspective as the rest of the body. The left shoulder appears to be flat; I suggest giving the pipe and the adjacent piece more of a bend around to his back.

The design itself looks nice so far, but in my opinion, the torn clothing and leg pads feel out of place. It just seems like a smoother look would be more fitting, if only because of the suit collar and tie impression on his armor (which I really like). If the clothing is torn only because of battle, then nevermind what I just said.

Overall its a good drawing. I'd like to see this one in color the most. Don't get discouraged if a drawing isn't turning out right, just take your time and be patient.
Report Spam   Logged

Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #74 on: 10 May, 2010, 11:08:37 pm »

I started shoehorning samurai-esque **** on because, while it's piloted by two people, the focus on the collar and tie made the mech design lean more towards one pilot than the other, and I was too lazy to think of more clever ways to represent her.

And by left shoulder, do you mean his left, or our left? I imagine our left, considering his left shoulder is mostly obscured, and our left one does actually, well, look like what you're saying.

And wow it does look like he's blowing up, at a glance. I always have trouble with explosions. From now on I'll just draw people and flail the eraser tool around them for about twelve seconds <_<

Though I must say that seeing him coloured wouldn't do much aside from the fancy lineart that comes with digital colouring, because the whole thing is supposed to be more or less black and white. Any other colour on it would be miniscule.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: