Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 04:43:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Judg's Sexy Artwork Topic 2 (Updated)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Judg's Sexy Artwork Topic 2 (Updated)  (Read 873 times)
Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Refreshed

Do you earnestly think you can defeat me?

« on: 24 May, 2010, 03:23:05 pm »

Title: Mechanization

This is my favourite. The shading, that is, the casting of shadows, is minimal, but the different natural shades of some of the portions still shows skill in that area, and the cross-hatching and such works well for the content. Also, there's just so much detail, but with that big, focal gear, it still has a center and it doesn't feel like your eyes are wandering around trying to find out what to look at, yet you're still given the option to glimpse around and take in how much time actually went into the drawing.

And I actually liked the sword in Might Metamorphosis. It's got a sharp contrast between the shade and the sheen and I think it works there. It's not the best thing here, but I don't really see why you hate it that much.
A lot of time was spent on Mechanization and it was very successful despite being dangerously experimental for me. I'm glad that you can appreciate that.

As for the sword, I don't know. When I look at the first panel sword, it looks too fragmented, and when I look at it, I don't see a swod. Maybe I'm bing too self critical. And as far as not liking  the piece itself, I feel that the middle panel and final panel are the only things worth noticing. Everything else is just unremarkable.

I may sound a little like a ass, but... 19:92?

To be quite honest, I'm not fond of that style, but I can see there's work done here. Continue like that!
Take out the colon, and you get 1992. That's the year I was born in. I added other stuff. For example, the day I completed the piece, 2-20 (February 20th) is carved into the metal in the lower right corner.

I'll try to make more pieces like that. I'll probably make it the visual style for my concentration.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: