Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 07:04:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Finally starting to properly cycle through shows again

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally starting to properly cycle through shows again  (Read 1218 times)
Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #15 on: 24 May, 2010, 07:27:38 pm »

I mean Getter might be mediocre I dunno yet, but I highly doubt Kino's Journey is, and I didn't really say anything about Karas, so that covers just about everything that I might be wrong about.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #16 on: 24 May, 2010, 07:34:26 pm »

one word gets you to post two large sentences

fail
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #17 on: 24 May, 2010, 07:35:54 pm »

when
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #18 on: 24 May, 2010, 07:43:22 pm »

now
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #19 on: 24 May, 2010, 07:44:11 pm »

no
Report Spam   Logged
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #20 on: 25 May, 2010, 05:57:49 am »

I liked Bakemonotagari.... Good show....

I'm watching Arakawa Under the Bridge right now.... You'll like it if you like Bakemonotagari and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.... It also stars Hiroshi Kamiya as the main character.... You'll be able to tell because his voice is pretty easy to spot.... And it's a Shinbo anime too.... Although it's about weird people who live at the side of a river it's still the most normal Shinbo anime.... So far....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #21 on: 25 May, 2010, 01:56:40 pm »

Oh yeah, I've heard of that. I'll probably watch it too. Is it airing now? If so, I might wait. A bit preoccupied with graduation crap. I sometimes forget when Durarara has aired, even.

I didn't know it was anything like SZS or Bakemonogatari. Based solely on synopsis, it sounded like it would probably have had some Welcome to the NHK similarities.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #22 on: 25 May, 2010, 02:02:58 pm »

Ah, and I have all but 14 and (obviously) 15 for Bakemonogatari; I'll probably finish that today.

The random chatting, while quite useful for character establishment, has mostly subsided. It doesn't feel bad though, because it makes sense that they'd be doing that in the beginning (it mostly served the purpose of introducing Araragi and Senjogahara, and having them interact, and I think that's been pretty much covered). Plus the coherence has just gone up in general. It still has screwy bits, like The fight between Araragi and the Rainy Devil/Suruga. I heard it was uncensored for Blu-Ray DVD release, but either way, that was pretty crazy. The plain white room with brightly and solidly coloured desks everywhere worked pretty well, and honestly, Araragi spitting up technicolour blood looked cooler and more demented than if it had just been red.

I also heard that the "Black Frame" "Red Frame" business is that the Black Frame pops up in moments of ambiguous emotion, whereas Red Frames denote strong emotional scenes/lines. I'll have to see about that.
Report Spam   Logged
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #23 on: 25 May, 2010, 02:43:47 pm »

Oh yeah, I've heard of that. I'll probably watch it too. Is it airing now? If so, I might wait. A bit preoccupied with graduation crap. I sometimes forget when Durarara has aired, even.

I didn't know it was anything like SZS or Bakemonogatari. Based solely on synopsis, it sounded like it would probably have had some Welcome to the NHK similarities.

It's not like them but it's not like NHK at all.... The plot (though there isn't much of one) makes sense and there isn't really any mindscrew bits.... It's more of a straight guy living with a bunch of people who are sorta weird.... The most normal one is probably Sister....

Yeah he's still the most normal....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #24 on: 25 May, 2010, 02:56:11 pm »

What the hell that is nothing like the show review I read.
Report Spam   Logged
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #25 on: 25 May, 2010, 03:02:32 pm »

That doesn't happen in the show.... But he does hold mass with a gun....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #26 on: 25 May, 2010, 08:26:29 pm »

And goddamn non-profiting Internet sub groups for not subbing You Can (Not) Advance as soon as a raw is available.

What's wrong with them.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #27 on: 25 May, 2010, 09:48:49 pm »

Wow episode 10 of Bakemonogatari, at least the televised version, is horribly butchered from budget bullshit.

That was like, amazingly bad. Even the last two episodes of Eva managed to do an okay job of reusing frames. That was just riddled with Black and Red frames and Voice/Line frames and still images. Doesn't help that even the non budget-related stuff was frustrating due to bighat loli being an annoying character who was annoyingly sexualized and had an annoyingly cliche romantic subplot.

It's part harem and all, but that was just bad. I do not like the Nadeko Snake arc at all... Luckily it's only two episodes...

Though now I know the source of that mind-numbing youtube video of Izaya singing what I now know was this arc's opening.

Good god. Is the DVD version for that episode out? I thought only the last (few) episode(s) weren't out on DVD yet...
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #28 on: 25 May, 2010, 09:51:21 pm »

raws are available you say

Certainly took long enough, it feels like it was quite a while ago when the theatrical release happened.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #29 on: 25 May, 2010, 10:25:09 pm »

Yes. One popped out like yesterday or something I dunno. I had been wondering about the possibility of just taking camrip subs and applying them to the DVD release, but additional scenes in that aside, all I've heard are people talking about horrible subs, so I dunno.

There's a topic on OT about the movie that might have something about the subs, but it has spoilers and I'm afraid.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: