Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 04:51:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Finally starting to properly cycle through shows again

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally starting to properly cycle through shows again  (Read 1241 times)
Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #60 on: 30 May, 2010, 03:59:22 pm »

Well yeah. I don't know why I said I found a dub that was in English...
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #61 on: 30 May, 2010, 04:54:20 pm »

Alright watch Rebuild 2 now, **** was rockin', now to wait 2 years for the next one. I don't really see the purpose of introducing Mari though, she served little purpose and there aren't any other new characters.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #62 on: 30 May, 2010, 05:02:19 pm »

Yeah. I'm redownloading it now that there are better subs out. DGz are supposed to be good, whereas Thoras are... Massive. Like 11gb. What did you get?

And I'm assuming Mari will play a more important role later. But being like the only one who isn't disturbed so far (unless you count piloting a robot HOW IS SHOULD BE DONE as disturbed) is a nice change of pace for the moment.

And then in the next movie we'll find out she's a paranoid schizophrenic nymphomaniac.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #63 on: 30 May, 2010, 05:02:47 pm »

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #64 on: 30 May, 2010, 05:06:14 pm »

I had some pretty shitty subs where entire scenes went without dialogue sometimes. It didn't look like there was anything I missed though.

Mari will inevitably turn out to be seriously disturbed. Maybe she was tortured as a child and tries to cope by acting stupid. Also ZA BEASTO
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #65 on: 30 May, 2010, 05:10:53 pm »

My less-good subs were still fine and complete <_<

Even if I had to tweak the whole goddamn player to make them work with the high quality video. But that's more due to... Well, the video.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #66 on: 14 June, 2010, 06:13:09 pm »

Well, although I was pretty confident I wouldn't like it based on what I heard, I couldn't help but try Angel Beats just because so many people were going on about it here and elsewhere.

I've only watched the first episode, but I don't like it very much. It felt cliche... But not exactly cliche in the traditional sense, it was non cliche in that it had so many cliches crammed together that it seemed a bit different. Not in a very good way through.

And it seemed like they were trying really hard to get a lot of stuff in on the first episode to net you. Everything that would constitute a potential first episode was done in the first half of the show, then the last half was an action scene set to a simultaneous band scene... Which just, well, obviously there's nothing wrong with an action scene, but a band thing? On the first episode? Geez. And it wasn't even a good song <_<

As much as I'm complaining, it wasn't bad, I could see it getting more interesting. When they try to be humourous they do a pretty good job of it, and while I'm not a huge fan of the art style, it's rather high quality for what it is.

Though high quality these days pretty much means everything that isn't cast in shadows is glowing.

And I don't really like any of the characters yet. Maybe just because it's the first episode, but there really should be something to go on. I would say TK because I've seen a compilation of his antics, but that doesn't seem fair <_<
The protagonist of course, has to have amnesia, and in spite of that, he's going with what they're saying... Way too easy. While I don't expect a plot twist of this caliber from a show like this, there's very little that says they couldn't just be lying.

And Yurippe is basically a less powerful, yet more productive Haruhi <_<

Basically: Does it get any better? Does the action get better? Do the characters become more interesting? Does Otonashi get his memory back quickly... Or at all? Does the plot become more involved? Do the school aspects get downplayed? Well that last one, I'm not so sure of. I could really deal with the either the school parts of the action parts being sacrificed for the other. I just hate the mix so far.
Report Spam   Logged
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #67 on: 14 June, 2010, 07:14:31 pm »

Does it get any better? Yes....
Does the action get better? Yes, although we do miss out on what sounds like an awesome fight....
Do the characters become more interesting? Yes, well the ones who count anyway....
Does Otonashi get his memory back quickly... Or at all? Yes.... About half way through....
Does the plot become more involved? Yes....
Do the school aspects get downplayed? Well it does at some points.... The school is the setting so it never goes away.... It's play for laughs most of the time and they don't really do the typical school stuff.... The group's aim is to do the opposite of a normal school life....

The show is really good for it's funny bits and it has some tearjerkers.... It's worth a watch.... The first episode wasn't that good so.... Just keep watching....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #68 on: 14 June, 2010, 07:57:46 pm »

I don't really care about why they're in the school or what they do in it; the fact that it exists is dumb. They had a concept for a post-death action show about a group of characters who didn't want to get erased and resisted further 'death', that sounds good, though a bit uninteresting...

Then they thought, everyone likes generic slice of life shows, LET'S PUT IT IN A HIGH SCHOOL.

...Really. That's my impression of the school so far.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #69 on: 14 June, 2010, 07:57:55 pm »

But I will watch at least two more episodes.
Report Spam   Logged
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #70 on: 15 June, 2010, 04:52:10 am »

Well the second episode doesn't take place in the school.... Neither does the eigth or ninth.... And by the looks of it the next one doesn't either.... Last week's episode introduced a new enemy that eats souls and their were a few fights with them.... But the show is alot more comedy based with the tearjerker episode here and their.... Episode 3 is pretty much that....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #71 on: 15 June, 2010, 07:26:45 am »

Like I said before, it wasn't till like episode 3 that I actually started to enjoy it a bit. Non did I care much for TK's antics till like episode 6.
« Last Edit: 15 June, 2010, 08:19:17 am by Yui » Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #72 on: 15 June, 2010, 08:09:45 am »

I wouldn't have said to anybody to watch it unless they wanted to watch something airing now.... Or if you want more Hiroshi Kamiya....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #73 on: 15 June, 2010, 08:19:54 am »

*facepalm* Crap, I forgot the 3 in my message, that must have looked quite stupid...
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #74 on: 15 June, 2010, 09:13:24 am »

But the show is alot more comedy based with the tearjerker episode here and their.... Episode 3 is pretty much that....

But then I can put it the other way around.

I don't really care about why they're fighting or how they do it; the fact that they are is dumb. They had a concept for a post-death comedy show about a group of characters in a wildly powerful school club of sorts, that sounds good, though a bit uninteresting...

Then they thought, everyone likes generic action shows, LET'S PUT IT IN A VILLAIN AND GUNS.

...Really. That's my impression of the action so far.

But I feel like I'm complaining too much. So once I stop savoring the fact that Bleach had good music regardless of everything else, I'll go watch the next episode.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: