Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 06:56:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Check up time

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check up time  (Read 961 times)
Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Dustin (Formerly)
Mood: Sad

Derp it!

« Reply #30 on: 02 July, 2010, 10:56:47 am »

Heh. :3

And it's alright... at least it isn't Texas, where my boyfriend is currently staying.  They are trying to make gay sex (or at least anal sex) a felony (I am sure the federal gov. will step in to curb that); it's already a minor offense there. :/  They also want to offcially make American English the offcial language of Texas, which just sounds... dumb.

Yes, you can. :3
Report Spam   Logged

But... if our leaders actually reflected the wants of the people... then we'd be a democracy, and that's just gross.
Stalin was that **** guy who pops the ball during a basketball game and ruins it for everyone.
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

« Reply #31 on: 02 July, 2010, 11:00:07 am »

...I don't know much about American politics (or politics in general), but things like that make me question humanity.

I'm making movelists of the various TIA characters. May I have permission to do some of your characters?
Report Spam   Logged

Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Derp it!

« Reply #32 on: 02 July, 2010, 11:05:01 am »

The bigger problem is a certain sort of Christians really, in this case; they think they should have control over how American runs, even though there is seperation of church and state (which Texas is trying to leave out of there text book, replacing it with text about how god/Christianity inspired the founding fathers or some such bs).

I have been wondering about you asking me; which character(s) do you have in mind?
Report Spam   Logged

But... if our leaders actually reflected the wants of the people... then we'd be a democracy, and that's just gross.
Stalin was that **** guy who pops the ball during a basketball game and ruins it for everyone.
FrozenIndustry
Lord Agaranok/FrozenIndustry
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #33 on: 02 July, 2010, 11:08:16 am »

...I don't know much about American politics (or politics in general), but things like that make me question humanity.

I'm making movelists of the various TIA characters. May I have permission to do some of your characters?

Hah, welcome to my life. At least you don't have to live here.

And keep in mind, Texas is terrible. They're the most conservative, right-wing, bible-thumping ones out there.

Religion + Politics = Disaster. It just becomes a bunch of intolerant bigots claiming to hold the "divine truth of how to live" from a book that was written by man.
Report Spam   Logged

Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #34 on: 02 July, 2010, 11:09:25 am »

Those people are idiots. Christ himself stated that ALL people are his children, and that he loves everyone equally.

I'm not really sure, tbh.

Exactly. I'm not exactly a very religious person, but I was raised Catholic, and do respect some of the values they tried to teach us. The Bible tells us to "love thy neighbor." No become a bunch of hate-spewing bigots. That's almost the exactly opposite of what it tries to teach.

I'm just glad I live up north more, in which people can be a bit moer accepting. Albeit, there are still those people out there, it's just not as bad.

God, I really hate this country sometimes.
« Last Edit: 02 July, 2010, 11:14:07 am by Hakumen » Report Spam   Logged

Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Derp it!

« Reply #35 on: 02 July, 2010, 11:13:17 am »

Well put, but there is worse than Texas.  Oh, much worse.

...The enormous Mormon compound that is, Utah. *eerie music*

And I guess they see that as a typo David. :/  Also, one can argue against every point where homosexuality is supposably brought up in the Bible...

And I see. :/  Well, I would prefer you to hold off for the time being.  Not that I do not want you to, I would really like it if you did, but the whole unstable character thing makes it a bit difficult for me to imagine it. :/  So, hows about we say yes, but a little later on? :3
Report Spam   Logged

Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Derp it!

« Reply #36 on: 02 July, 2010, 11:15:19 am »

Oh, just because I am worked up, another thing that pisses me off; it is illegal for gay men to give blood if they have had anal sex since 1977 (I believe was the year) becaus of the whole HIV thing.

Which is total bullshit.  No to point fingers, but blacks are the biggest group with it, and gays aren't even second, so why are we being treated like this?
Report Spam   Logged

Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #37 on: 02 July, 2010, 11:19:13 am »

Agaranok, why did you edit my post?

Anyway, I'll leave the movelists until later then. This is why I always ask permission before doing anyone. :3

[sighes] Am I naive for just wanting a world without this kind of hate and prejudice?
Report Spam   Logged

FrozenIndustry
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #38 on: 02 July, 2010, 11:23:06 am »

Agaranok, why did you edit my post?

Anyway, I'll leave the movelists until later then. This is why I always ask permission before doing anyone. :3

[sighes] Am I naive for just wanting a world without this kind of hate and prejudice?

Wait, did I do that? I'm totally sorry, I must have clicked "modify" instead of "quote."

My apologies, I do that on accident at times.
Report Spam   Logged

Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Derp it!

« Reply #39 on: 02 July, 2010, 11:25:57 am »

Alright. :3  I look forward to seeing them once my mess is sorted into a smaller mess.

And yes and no; I think that most people want that, and honestly it is a really simple thing that would take like, no work at all... but people love to hate.  And that sickens me...
Report Spam   Logged

Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Derp it!

« Reply #40 on: 02 July, 2010, 11:27:21 am »

And where do you live Aggy?

And even if you do live away from it, there are still those trapped within those walls of hate and bigotry, which is unacceptable. v_v
Report Spam   Logged

FrozenIndustry
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #41 on: 02 July, 2010, 11:29:41 am »

And where do you live Aggy?

And even if you do live away from it, there are still those trapped within those walls of hate and bigotry, which is unacceptable. v_v

I live in Illinois. :/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: