Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 01:33:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World  (Read 1238 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« on: 13 August, 2010, 12:25:34 pm »

I just thought a proper topic should be made for the movie. I know there was one for the video game, but still...

So anyway, I think it looks pretty damn cool. And before anyone asks, no, I haven't read the comic, nor do I intend to at least until after I've seen the film.

IGN Review:
« Last Edit: 13 August, 2010, 12:27:23 pm by Down with this sort of thing! » Report Spam   Logged

. . .

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ahriman
« Reply #1 on: 13 August, 2010, 01:08:45 pm »

I have read the comic and there's no way it could possibly translate into a movie properly but I'm planning on seeing it anyways.
Report Spam   Logged
k3v
just k3v
Holy Ruler

Mood: Relaxed

K3V

« Reply #2 on: 13 August, 2010, 06:50:25 pm »

I **** loved the movie.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #3 on: 13 August, 2010, 07:01:46 pm »

Ah, is it out in America, then?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
k3v
just k3v
Holy Ruler

K3V

« Reply #4 on: 13 August, 2010, 11:20:54 pm »

Yep. Fantastic movie, in my opinion. I want to read the graphic novel now. Im not afraid to say i didn't know about the graphic novels until the movie haha
Report Spam   Logged
FrozenIndustry
Lord Agaranok/FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

« Reply #5 on: 14 August, 2010, 11:01:30 am »

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised with this movie, I enjoyed it very much. There were a few minor issues I had with i, but they could easily be overlooked. I'm actually glad that I went in with very low expectations, because I walked out of the theater very satisfied.

That being said, this movie was NOT "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World." It was "Michael Cera vs. The World." Still horribly miscast, but he was able to pull through the movie relatively well. He's just not Scott Pilgrim, is all.

The graphic novels will always be better, but this was still a highly enjoyable movie. The commercials and trailers didn't do it justice.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #6 on: 14 August, 2010, 11:12:25 am »

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised with this movie, I enjoyed it very much. There were a few minor issues I had with i, but they could easily be overlooked. I'm actually glad that I went in with very low expectations, because I walked out of the theater very satisfied.

That being said, this movie was NOT "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World." It was "Michael Cera vs. The World." Still horribly miscast, but he was able to pull through the movie relatively well. He's just not Scott Pilgrim, is all.

The graphic novels will always be better, but this was still a highly enjoyable movie. The commercials and trailers didn't do it justice.

I'm very pleased to hear this from you. I was concerned this would end up being another Watchmen...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: 14 August, 2010, 11:18:13 am »

I'm very pleased to hear this from you. I was concerned this would end up being another Watchmen...

Hah. That was a reasonable expectation of me, i was thinking the same thing. I still highly reccomend the graphic novels (the movie even does so itself), but you should probably wait until after seeing it. Similar deal with Watchmen. I remember a lot of my friends picking up the book after the movie, and while they retained their liking of the movie, they all agreed that the book was much better. Whereas I was more of a purist, and went into it a bit biased.

I'm actually very glad that I didn't want to punch Michael Cera in the face during this movie. Probably because I reconfigured my mindset into thinking that I was going to see "Michael Cera vs. The World," since I can't really stand the idea of him being that character, considering how very different they are. Nonetheless, I liked it a lot. And I really want the soundtrack. Beck is amazing.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #8 on: 14 August, 2010, 11:27:35 am »

Well then, August 25th can't come soon enough. I mean, I won't be seeing it on that day, but still...

Also, I imagine it helped somewhat helped that it looks like Michael Cera actually does get beat up quite a bit in this movie?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #9 on: 14 August, 2010, 11:30:57 am »

I loved this movie. That's not a surprise, I think anyone could have called that beforehand.

I saw it in a small theater with about 20 people and three of my friends, and it was a riot. During the trailer for the new M. Night Shymalan movie, someone yelled "What a tweeest!" and that set the tone for the night. People were laughing, clapping, and cheering throughout the movie, it really was simply a lot of fun. I wouldn't go in looking for plot and subtext, but if you want damn good special effects and hilarious random comedy, this is where it's at.
Report Spam   Logged

FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: 14 August, 2010, 11:51:03 am »

Well then, August 25th can't come soon enough. I mean, I won't be seeing it on that day, but still...

Also, I imagine it helped somewhat helped that it looks like Michael Cera actually does get beat up quite a bit in this movie?

Actually, he was quite tolerable. I had no problems with him overall, other than the fact that he's not really the same character.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #11 on: 14 August, 2010, 12:00:00 pm »

I loved this movie. That's not a surprise, I think anyone could have called that beforehand.

I saw it in a small theater with about 20 people and three of my friends, and it was a riot. During the trailer for the new M. Night Shymalan movie, someone yelled "What a tweeest!" and that set the tone for the night. People were laughing, clapping, and cheering throughout the movie, it really was simply a lot of fun. I wouldn't go in looking for plot and subtext, but if you want damn good special effects and hilarious random comedy, this is where it's at.

*gasp* That's exactly what I'm looking for!

And that M. Night Shyamalan movies wouldn't happen to be The Last Airbender, would it?

Actually, he was quite tolerable. I had no problems with him overall, other than the fact that he's not really the same character.

Okay then, maybe it would have helped if you'd wanted to punch him.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #12 on: 14 August, 2010, 12:01:39 pm »

*gasp* That's exactly what I'm looking for!

And that M. Night Shyamalan movies wouldn't happen to be The Last Airbender, would it?

Okay then, maybe it would have helped if you'd wanted to punch him.

No, it's for a movie called "Devil." Look it up. I laughed. The plot is possibly one of the most ridiculous things in recent times.

And yes, it would have.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #13 on: 14 August, 2010, 12:10:41 pm »

Hm... I see... Hopefully this means he's returning to his own movies rather than ballsing up a beloved franchise.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #14 on: 14 August, 2010, 12:51:42 pm »

Hm... I see... Hopefully this means he's returning to his own movies rather than ballsing up a beloved franchise.

Yeah. Do you know what the movie's about, though?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: