Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 07:09:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Mosque near Ground Zero

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mosque near Ground Zero  (Read 313 times)
sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: sasori1122
Mood: Gay

The Puppet Master...is now pulling the strings

« on: 16 August, 2010, 07:40:35 pm »

As I'm sure many of you know, there are plans to build a mosque and community center two blocks away from Ground Zero. 

It's stirring up quite a lot of controversy...

Just wondering what you guys think about it?

Personally, I know they have every constitutional right to do it, and I support building it.  I think that we shouldn't damn innocent people because of what a few extremists did.  Seems un-American, to me.  Also, I don't get why people are all in a fuss, when the Pentagon has a mosque in it and the Pentagon was also attacked.
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Code: 1118-0310-8208

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #1 on: 16 August, 2010, 08:02:52 pm »

RELIGIOUS BICKERING appeared!

>Take a side
>Attack both sides
>Diplomatic solution
>Run

ESH got away safely.

Seriously.... There's just no point in even caring.... In religious stuff like this nobody wins....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #2 on: 16 August, 2010, 08:07:02 pm »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/15/AR2010081502151.html
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #3 on: 16 August, 2010, 08:39:27 pm »

They obviously have the right to build it wherever they want, but they really should choose wisely. Sure there's a mosque near the Pentagon, but I think the Twin Towers serve as unofficial symbols of the attacks. I just think they should choose another area. It doesn't seem like a smart decision. Some people might actually somehow get offended because they might be filled with ideas like "hurr they're taunting us now," even though it obviously isn't true.

Obviously they should be allowed to build it wherever they want, but really for their own safety I just wish they'd choose somewhere else. It doesn't have to be especially far away, but at least put some distance so people won't **** and moan about it. This controversy can easily be avoided. I just want to know why they're so bent on building it there of all places.
« Last Edit: 16 August, 2010, 08:41:45 pm by Guts » Report Spam   Logged
sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: sasori1122
Mood: Gay

The Puppet Master...is now pulling the strings

« Reply #4 on: 16 August, 2010, 09:52:46 pm »

One would think they are building it there because Muslims live there and they're already wrapped up in purchasing at this point...
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Code: 1118-0310-8208
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #5 on: 16 August, 2010, 10:08:17 pm »

There are already tons of Muslims living throughout the city though.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #6 on: 17 August, 2010, 03:29:27 pm »

I've gotten my information from someone unreliable, but isn't that area already rhetorically polluted? If so, building a mosque there shouldn't be nearly as much of a problem as a **** shop right next to it, but between that and this silly controversy, that doesn't seem like a practical decision.
« Last Edit: 17 August, 2010, 03:33:17 pm by Lord and Savior » Report Spam   Logged
Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Refreshed

Do you earnestly think you can defeat me?

« Reply #7 on: 18 August, 2010, 02:17:21 pm »

I still don't understand how this is a big deal. Just let them build the mosque, gawd.
Report Spam   Logged
GAY FOR BRIDGET(HousecallDoc)
Board Doctor
Internet Addict

Mood: Happy

The Doctor is in!

« Reply #8 on: 19 August, 2010, 06:19:36 pm »

Meh, build whatever they want over there. Just because some idiots from a group decided to do something bad, doesn't mean we should punish the entire group.
Report Spam   Logged

Wii Number - 1530-0833-2070-0563 Add meh, k?
Phantom Hourglass FC: Luis 4424-9803-9856
Mario Kart DS FC: Luis 5326-7268-6813
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #9 on: 19 August, 2010, 06:43:01 pm »

The important thing is that if either of their gods exist it's clear neither god cares about them at all.... It's sorta beautiful in it's own way....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #10 on: 19 August, 2010, 09:30:48 pm »

The important thing is that if either of their gods exist it's clear neither god cares about them at all.... It's sorta beautiful in it's own way....
Muslims and Christians worship the same God. It's which prophet was descended from God that their views split. Muslims have Muhammad, Jews have Moses and Christians have Jesus.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #11 on: 19 August, 2010, 10:36:27 pm »

Actually, Muslims view Moses and Jesus as prophets as well. Muhammad was the "last prophet" because Muslims believe that Christians and Jews began to deviate from what was actually the "right" religion.

They really should be allowed to build the mosque there, but it just worries me about what may happen. People tend to be oversensitive about these things and take things the wrong way. That's why I'm not keen on having a mosque built there. But they want it, and it's really sad that these complications have to arise.
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #12 on: 20 August, 2010, 06:23:12 pm »

My viewpoint:

People are using 9/11 as an excuse to be hateful bigots. They're using a truly tragic event, the deaths of many innocent people, brave firefighters and many others, as an excuse to be hateful bigots. And also using it as an excuse to make the government look bad, and further their own personal political goal. And that **** sickens me to the bone.

Plus, it's not only a mosque. It's a community center. Sure, it has a praying area in it, but it also has a basketball court. You don't call a hospital or something a church because it has a chapel in it.

And then there's the fact that they're essentially saying "Every muslim is evil". The actions of a few should not condemn the many. By that logic, all christians are egocentric psychopaths, who slaughter everyone and everything that ISN'T christian. A few do, but the majority don't. Same with islam and terrorists. A few are, most aren't.

Oh, and it would be a terrible message to send too. I mean, letting the world know that America is mature enough to realize that not all muslims are terrorists, allowing them to build a community center close to Ground Zero? That's a terrible message, the terrorists would win the war if that happened.

tl;dr, this whole debate is, to quote Bill from L4D: Bull-frickin'-horse ****.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #13 on: 20 August, 2010, 10:22:11 pm »

http://www.cracked.com/blog/3-reasons-the-ground-zero-mosque-debate-makes-no-sense/

Says it all really.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #14 on: 20 August, 2010, 11:35:52 pm »

I think I'm going to retract my previous statements. It's really a bad reflection on America that people are so offended by this. People need to get over themselves and stop being damn ignorant.

Lol, reminds me of Sarah Palin's "refudiate" business.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: