Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 07:41:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Potential Pokemon RP?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential Pokemon RP?  (Read 4407 times)
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #60 on: 15 September, 2010, 09:29:39 pm »

I will mention that I never really worked out any plans for my evil team, so if someone has a good idea, I'll be more than happy to steal it take it into consideration.

A good idea. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #61 on: 15 September, 2010, 10:35:56 pm »

It is the bestestest idear evar.

It's about time somebody actually brought some variation into the Pokemon formula anyways.
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #62 on: 16 September, 2010, 01:59:34 pm »

Oh, and on a totally unrelated note, ILS, your character's name was Min.

*only remembers because I had to read through most of the old topic to find the Gym list*

....I suppose I do want to use Raine now. And if I'm going to be Raine, I'll probably be her mom, Professor Maple, whenever we need her to serve some kind of role. I mean, if that's ok with everyone.

>_> Although now I feel less special because I don't have the only female professor.
Min, right, right. I remembered everything else but her name for some reason <_<
Report Spam   Logged

FrozenIndustry
Lord Agaranok/FrozenIndustry
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

« Reply #63 on: 16 September, 2010, 08:59:44 pm »

Okay, so I figured that the fighting would go something like this. It'll be like the show in that Pokemon can learn more than 4 moves, and it isn't necessarily turn-based, however, stronger attacks can only be learned by higher-level Pokemon, and each attack much stay accurate to the game. This means no "Thunder Armor" or blocking fire with Swords Dance, or anything like that. This also means no ridiculous combo attacks, like Solarbeam and Fire Blast. However, a single could do something like Double Team and an attack as a combo, or Quick Attack to get distance and then cancelling it, in order to go into a close-up attack.

That sound fair?
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #64 on: 17 September, 2010, 01:37:08 am »

Aim for the horn.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #65 on: 17 September, 2010, 02:29:14 am »

Okay, so I figured that the fighting would go something like this. It'll be like the show in that Pokemon can learn more than 4 moves, and it isn't necessarily turn-based, however, stronger attacks can only be learned by higher-level Pokemon, and each attack much stay accurate to the game. This means no "Thunder Armor" or blocking fire with Swords Dance, or anything like that. This also means no ridiculous combo attacks, like Solarbeam and Fire Blast. However, a single could do something like Double Team and an attack as a combo, or Quick Attack to get distance and then cancelling it, in order to go into a close-up attack.

That sound fair?

Sounds reasonable.

What about dodging Swift? ¬_¬
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Adol the Red
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tripping balls

Adol, walking across the Garden of Madness

« Reply #66 on: 17 September, 2010, 02:50:42 am »

So I might join in on this, yo
Report Spam   Logged

Adol the Red
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tripping balls

Adol, walking across the Garden of Madness

« Reply #67 on: 17 September, 2010, 03:16:42 am »

Also Yay or nay on custom moves as long as they're not broken as hell for example in another Pokemon RP I once took part in I invented a move called (ERUPTING!!) Burning Tail which basically is a fire version of Aqua Tail
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #68 on: 17 September, 2010, 03:43:58 am »

That sound fair?
It does indeed.
Report Spam   Logged

FrozenIndustry
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #69 on: 17 September, 2010, 08:59:41 am »

Also Yay or nay on custom moves as long as they're not broken as hell for example in another Pokemon RP I once took part in I invented a move called (ERUPTING!!) Burning Tail which basically is a fire version of Aqua Tail

I'd have to think about it. I'm not certain.
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #70 on: 19 September, 2010, 03:43:44 pm »

That sound fair?

Well, in all honesty, I think that it would be ok in Double and Triple Battles if two Pokemon combined their attacks. I mean, that is sort of a new mechanic in the Gen V games anyways. Still, nothing stupid.

I also think we should be allowed to get somewhat creative with the Pokemon's capabilities. For example, like how in Pokemon Special, Blue's (the girl) Blastoise could fly by firing his water canons at the ground and stuff like that.

I would picture a kind of blend of the anime/manga style of battles, but at the same time following the rules of the game kind of closely. At least better than the anime does.

So yeah, no Thunder Armor or "Aim for the horn!" bullshit.

Basically, standard rules for any RPing that involves fighting: Don't godmod, and don't be an ass.
Report Spam   Logged
FrozenIndustry
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #71 on: 19 September, 2010, 03:48:06 pm »

That sound fair?

Well, in all honesty, I think that it would be ok in Double and Triple Battles if two Pokemon combined their attacks. I mean, that is sort of a new mechanic in the Gen V games anyways. Still, nothing stupid.

I also think we should be allowed to get somewhat creative with the Pokemon's capabilities. For example, like how in Pokemon Special, Blue's (the girl) Blastoise could fly by firing his water canons at the ground and stuff like that.

I would picture a kind of blend of the anime/manga style of battles, but at the same time following the rules of the game kind of closely. At least better than the anime does.

So yeah, no Thunder Armor or "Aim for the horn!" bullshit.

Basically, standard rules for any RPing that involves fighting: Don't godmod, and don't be an ass.

I think that's a bit ridiculous to include. Other than that, that's what I was aiming for.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #72 on: 19 September, 2010, 03:58:30 pm »

Hasn't Lightningrod been redesigned in Gen V so that it actually raises a stat of the pokemon when hit by an electric attack, of have I completely imagined that?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
FrozenIndustry
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #73 on: 19 September, 2010, 04:01:20 pm »

Hasn't Lightningrod been redesigned in Gen V so that it actually raises a stat of the pokemon when hit by an electric attack, of have I completely imagined that?

No, I was the one who said that. If a Pokemon has Lightningrod and is hit by an Electric attack, it's Special Attack goes up one stage, and it's immune to the attack.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #74 on: 19 September, 2010, 04:04:55 pm »

I see. So basically Lightningrod now has the exact opposite effect to "aim for teh horn!!". I like the irony there...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: